Home

WWE 2K18 Coming to Nintendo Switch This Fall

This is a discussion on WWE 2K18 Coming to Nintendo Switch This Fall within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2017, 09:29 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
WWE 2K18 Coming to Nintendo Switch This Fall

WWE 2K18 is coming to the Nintendo Switch this fall, marking the first time in five years that a new WWE video game will be available on a Nintendo platform and the first portable WWE video game in six years. Check out some of the features below.
  • Eight man matches, a new grapple carry system, new weight detection, thousands of new animations and a massive backstage area
  • Brand-new rendering engine also gives WWE 2K18 a visual overhaul and will bring the drama of WWE to life like never before
  • New MyCareer experience puts you on the path to greatness as you journey along on the road to WrestleMania
  • Explore WWE like never before through free-roaming backstage, conversing with WWE Superstars, forming alliances, making enemies, seeking out quests, and strategizing for upcoming matches
  • All-new Road to Glory mode, compete with opponents online to improve your MyPlayer by earning unlockables, boosts and upgrades all while securing your entry into special events that are held alongside real-life WWE special events, such as pay-per-views
  • Customize WWE like never before with an even deeper set of customization tools and the new Custom Match option
  • The robust Creation Suite also offers even more detailed features for Create-a-Superstar, Create-a-Video and Create-an-Arena
  • WWE 2K18 offers the most complete roster of the biggest and brightest WWE and NXT Superstars and Legends to ever grace a WWE ring.

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Steve_OS; 07-10-2017 at 05:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2017, 09:41 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: WWE 2K18 Coming to Nintendo Switch This Fall

That is awesome news. Has their been a graphics comparison between the Switch versions and PS4/XBone of other sports games to see if there will be a difference? That's the only thing that scares me since FIFA has already said it will have to be on a different engine and less features (which that part isn't an end all since I only need their version of the franchise mode) Sounds like I might have to be doubling up on sports games. Will be awesome to have a handheld Universe mode though.

Last edited by cdub71323; 07-10-2017 at 09:45 AM.
Old 07-10-2017, 09:52 AM   #3
Rookie

This is great! Was getting this for PS4, now I'm definitely getting it for the Switch!
Old 07-11-2017, 12:16 AM   #4
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Hard to use FIFA as the standard here. Best to probably look at NBA 2K but I don't know if the trailer for NBA on switch was actual gameplay or them just showing what it will be like to play on the go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 07-11-2017, 12:27 AM   #5
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Curious to know if they'll support the split joycon functionality for local multiplayer, and if so how they reduce the game's command set to support that. Releasing on the Switch without doing that is kinda missing the point, IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2017, 04:31 AM   #6
MVP

DatIsraeliGuy's Arena

So it's coming to the Switch before it does to the PC?
Old 07-11-2017, 08:11 AM   #7
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Curious to know if they'll support the split joycon functionality for local multiplayer, and if so how they reduce the game's command set to support that. Releasing on the Switch without doing that is kinda missing the point, IMO.

While I agree with you that needs to be figured out and included, I think the solo play mobility function maybe a selling point for many. Maybe I am in the minority there. But that is what is selling me.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 09-17-2017, 09:07 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 13

Two questions:

1. Would it have the complete roster like ps4 meaning almost all the wrestlers will be there for us to use in switch?

2. Would it have a mode like you pick yourself as a superstar and try to build a career? (Sorry the last wwe game i played was smackdown in ps2 era lol)

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »