Home

WWE 2K18 MyCareer Mode

This is a discussion on WWE 2K18 MyCareer Mode within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2017, 11:25 AM   #1
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7
WWE 2K18 MyCareer Mode

With the new engine up, and running this year I am sure we will have tons of people trying it out!

I for one am excited that there is a beginning and an end. This also allows the mode to be replayable with the decisions that you make along the way!

Come on in, and discus what path you are taking to become the best!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2017, 05:43 PM   #2
Just started!

OVR: 0
My Career Mode is Broken

So, after I won the NXT Title, about two weeks later I get moved up to Raw without getting a chance to defend my title, then I was told to find and team with someone to go after the tag titles, for which I did, but nothing ever happened after words, then I was throw in the MITB ladder match for which I had to redo 10 time despite winning 3 times because I didn't, " use the ladder against your opponent," for which it actually meant to do an omg moment at the top then win, the next week I cashed in my newly won briefcase and successfully won the universal title, then the next week I no longer had it because.... reasons I guess, Career mode is a broken mess for which players will catch after their 3rd nxt match, stories are never followed up on, roaming around talking to people every week is annoying, and there a constant bugs that will make the career mode unplayable, do yourself a favor and don't play career mode, play an 8 man tag match instead where the match speed is slowed down and the referee doesn't count pinfalls half the time.
Old 10-17-2017, 11:09 AM   #3
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: WWE 2K18 MyCareer Mode

I believe I'm at my end with career mode. I can not get pass this damn MITB and it's very annoying. Me being only 68 against these guys having to do both objectives is just crazy, why can't doing a move be and secondary option where you get a little more VC or something? I'm sure many have done this and thats fine for them but it's not working for me, I get Roman stunned with nobody around on top of the ladder but can't seem to do my damn OMG moment. Pressing LB+y like crazy and nothing happens, then I get knocked off the ladder when everybody else gets up.

Oh and the times I was able to get a OMG move on the ladder reversed every time. SMH

Last edited by Sinner; 10-17-2017 at 11:11 AM.
Old 10-18-2017, 12:09 PM   #4
MVP

infamyice's Arena

Started MyCareer as a technician (dominantly submission). Got on NXT, introducing my-self to the WWE Universe and caught Bobby Roode's attention immediately. The following week, was attacked by Roode and the "rookie vs champion" story blossomed to the next NXT PPV where I captured the title.

About a month later, got called up to RAW by HHH, explaining the lack of depth on the roster due to injuries. From that point, I did favors jobbing for Mark Henry then the returning (from injury) Big Show, making them look impactful. Following week, HHH wanted me to job for Braun Strowman, and I was fed up with losing. Just before the match, I spoke with Daniel Bryan, who suggested I "forge my own path". That said, I went out there and defeated Braun Strowman. HHH was livid and fired me. Bryan picked me and signed me to SD Live.

Arriving on SD Live, I went about building my name and doing favors for other Superstars. My first storyline was in a "Best Of 5" series match with Dolph Ziggler. Ziggler cheated the first two victories out of the series, which led to The Rock supporting me enroute to the Elimination Chamber PPV, ensuring the series is fair along the way. Making a big comeback, I turned the series from 0-2 to 3-2.

Down the line after WrestleMania, I got a opportunity to have a conversation with HHH on SD Live about entering in the MITB Ladder Match. Afterwards, I spoke to Shane McMahon, who declined me the opportunity to participate. Right after, I spoke with AJ Styles, who helped "pull some strings" to get me into the MITB Ladder Match via my performances of his series of favors (ala, taking out Randy Orton, Dean Ambrose & John Cena). To AJ's perception, I didn't get the job done correctly, but in the end, I still earned a spot in the match due to wreaking havoc, bringing the "ratings up", and impressing Shane. Winning the MITB (After 4 attempts and learning what they meant by using the ladder), HHH congratulated me on the winnings and suggested I cash in on the IC or US title instead. Expressing that AJ was "their guy" and I had their permission to cash in on a lower-tier title. AJ saw me as a threat to the WWE Title and wanted me to relinquish the MITB contract. Obviously refusing, AJ was upset and I began to build momentum and hype.

On the road to SummerSlam, I was awarded an opportunity to face Kevin Owens for the US Title and successfully captured it. Being both the US Champion and MITB Winner, it was time for bigger things, in which it indeed led to. When November hit, got the pep talk from Vince McMahon, suggesting it was time for me to "grab the brass ring" via cashing in the contract. That being said, the build up to Survivor Series saw me getting a partner in Sami Zayn. Zayn went on to help me take down AJ Styles in handicap/tag team matches that led to the PPV main event. Ultimately, I cashed in my contract after AJ successfully defended his title. The bell rings and Zayn turns on me, helping AJ retain. Distraught, I took a month hiatus and returned in January.

Road to WrestleMania begins through the Royal Rumble. With previous conflicts with Daniel Bryan, I was told I'd be entering the rumble at #1. With Bryan gone on the lead up to the PPV, I made some noise and Shane granted me with the #27 spot. I went on and won the rumble, eliminating Cedric Alexander, Dean Ambrose, & Bray Wyatt. After winning the Rumble, I met with Kevin Owens (who happened to win the US title back by then), and was offered an opportunity to build a faction. In success, the faction consist of Lex Austin (me), Kevin Owens, and Tye Dillinger, branding ourselves as the "Future of the WWE". This led to the Elimination Chamber PPV, as we took on AJ's faction (AJ Styles, Baron Corbin, and Sami Zayn), in continuation of the partner betrayal/WM main event build up storyline.

Winning the match at Elimination Chamber, the focus revved up for the WM Championship match between AJ and I. The promos got dicey as it still contained some story to me insulting management when I was hyping up the faction. Daniel didn't take keen to words said. Through the weeks, I battled AJ in promos and back stage, going back and forth in the build up (winning the promos but intentionally losing the brawls). WrestleMania time, AJ and I put on a 5-star match, where I capture the title off him. Post-WM, I was congratulated by Vince and HHH and became "their guy".

I completed the main story as a 75 OVR technician. Juggling back and forth between Company Man and Fan Favorite. Currently at level 4 as Comp., and level 5 as Fan Fav.

Post main story, I came into the arena and passed by AJ, speaking to him, invoking a rematch at Payback. And this is where I left off.

Personal review: Best story line for a WWE game in a very long time. I honestly haven't enjoyed a good playable story since WWE SVR 06/07. That being said, I hope they continue this path of alliance between company and fan in MyCareer and build off that. Kudos for 2K despite the heavy flaws.

Last edited by infamyice; 10-18-2017 at 12:13 PM.
Old 10-18-2017, 01:29 PM   #5
All Star

Bard's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamyice
Spoiler
Thank you for sharing! This all sounds extremely amazing, and I can't wait to finally get going on MyCareer tomorrow.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2017, 02:39 PM   #6
MVP

infamyice's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard
Thank you for sharing! This all sounds extremely amazing, and I can't wait to finally get going on MyCareer tomorrow.

Definitely Bard, hope you enjoy it as much as I did. You look past the notable glitches and flaws, you'll get the most out of it.

My only experience in glitches are in favors, the characters changes from who initially gave you the side quest. There's a betrayal scene where the attacker is invisible. Lastly, AJ Styles' doppleganger. This happened during the faction story, but they keep rekindling the betrayal, so i knew off the the rip that one of them was suppose to be Zayn. But these are my experiences.

It's worth noting the choices you make really dictate some of the outcome on the main roster. Maybe that's why i was able to piss off the GM but not Vince

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »