Home

Hyperballer & DCAllAmerican WWE 2K18 Attribute Project

This is a discussion on Hyperballer & DCAllAmerican WWE 2K18 Attribute Project within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 03:50 PM   #9
Pro

Runne130's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Hyperballer & DCAllAmerican WWE 2K18 Attribute Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
That is definitely great news. I didn't look at the attributes yet. Are there any new ones? Or distinction as to the type of wrestler they are? I see there is a "squash rate" slider but no idea what that is or how it applies or knows who to apply to.
they changed the order all the attributes are in, so as i was just curious about below thirty i ran through the attributes, and if im correct i think theres one new attribute, but i may be wrong cuz they are all in a new order
Old 10-13-2017, 04:04 PM   #10
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
That is definitely great news. I didn't look at the attributes yet. Are there any new ones? Or distinction as to the type of wrestler they are? I see there is a "squash rate" slider but no idea what that is or how it applies or knows who to apply to.
Honestly, I feel if attributes are calibrated, we wouldn't even need to touch that slider
Old 10-13-2017, 06:53 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 16

Looking at some of the attributes, there might only be a handful that need adjusted. I looked a the damage recovery of Goldust and it was 40.

John Cena has a 80. So it's nice to finally see that separation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2017, 03:29 PM   #12
DC
Hall Of Fame

Also, another thing that we will be improving this year. The allocation of the, "Combo Striker" skill.

Just about everyone is shipped with having the ability to string off Martial Arts style combo strikes. Everyone shouldn't have this ability. The majority shouldn't have this ability.

So only those known for striking will have the Combo Striker skill in our roster file. At first it might seem like a step down from what you are used to, but it feels natural and is another way for us to differentiate between fighters.
Old 10-16-2017, 12:36 PM   #13
Pro

Runne130's Arena

OVR: 9

cant wait for these again this year, been following along this thread and the one on the 2k site.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:29 PM   #14
DC
Hall Of Fame

Re: Hyperballer & DCAllAmerican WWE 2K18 Attribute Project (Spreadsheet Posted)

Sheet is on page 1

If anyone is familiar with our work in the NBA 2K series knows that we are sticklers for realism. Initially, our overall values might appear low but this is in fact what the game needs. Most wrestlers are overrated in just about every category so realistically rating each wrestler and each attribute is something we felt needed to be done.

The goal was the have all match types (User vs User, User vs CPU, and CPU vs CPU) to go various lengths depending on who is in the match. Low card matches will be around 5 minutes, main event matches will last at least 10 minutes, and squash matches will be under 5 minutes.

A few things to consider when looking at our system:

*Attributes - Based on each wrestler's "style" with card status playing a factor.

*Hit Point Ratio - Head and Body will have higher points than limbs. Past injuries will factor in also.

*Personalities - We did our best to mimic how performers will act both inside and outside of the ring. Baby faces will follow the rules while Dirty superstars will bend them, regardless of cheer/boo status.

*Skills/Abilities - Based on each superstar to mimic how their matches play out on TV.

If you have any questions/suggestions, feel free to add to this thread.
Old 10-17-2017, 05:19 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
Sheet is on page 1

If anyone is familiar with our work in the NBA 2K series knows that we are sticklers for realism. Initially, our overall values might appear low but this is in fact what the game needs. Most wrestlers are overrated in just about every category so realistically rating each wrestler and each attribute is something we felt needed to be done.

The goal was the have all match types (User vs User, User vs CPU, and CPU vs CPU) to go various lengths depending on who is in the match. Low card matches will be around 5 minutes, main event matches will last at least 10 minutes, and squash matches will be under 5 minutes.

A few things to consider when looking at our system:

*Attributes - Based on each wrestler's "style" with card status playing a factor.

*Hit Point Ratio - Head and Body will have higher points than limbs. Past injuries will factor in also.

*Personalities - We did our best to mimic how performers will act both inside and outside of the ring. Baby faces will follow the rules while Dirty superstars will bend them, regardless of cheer/boo status.

*Skills/Abilities - Based on each superstar to mimic how their matches play out on TV.

If you have any questions/suggestions, feel free to add to this thread.
As always, appreciate the work you guys do for this.

I would love to help you guys out with the TNA roster guys, I started a little bit of that last year.

Just from my initial observation from the spreadsheet, Brock Lesnar's Damage Recovery seems pretty low (49), I would have thought it would be maxed out, Bray even has abit more damage recovery. Is there a reason for this? Could be a good one!

Also think Miz should be classed as "Upper" seeing as he is the current IC champ.

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2017, 10:57 AM   #16
DC
Hall Of Fame

Liking what our monsters are doing

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »