Home

Hyperballer & DCAllAmerican WWE 2K18 Attribute Project

This is a discussion on Hyperballer & DCAllAmerican WWE 2K18 Attribute Project within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2017, 12:55 PM   #57
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39
Re: Hyperballer & DCAllAmerican WWE 2K18 Attribute Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
One way I do a lot of my editing is I edit them before I play a match. So if you never get around to playing with someone, you don’t waste time editing them. This is during my universe so I edit whoever is on the card.
Good suggestion

Same thing I am doing.
Old 10-21-2017, 01:28 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 0

I appreciate this thread a lot as the current ratings are way overpowered. I do have a question however. Since I first got the game on PC I've been lowering all the ratings by 10-15 for each wrestler. I see that your ratings go way below that. Example being arm power so low. Can you give me some insight on why these ratings are so low before I start using your ratings? How does it affect the game play? Appreciate the responses.
Old 10-21-2017, 03:42 PM   #59
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbearlover
I appreciate this thread a lot as the current ratings are way overpowered. I do have a question however. Since I first got the game on PC I've been lowering all the ratings by 10-15 for each wrestler. I see that your ratings go way below that. Example being arm power so low. Can you give me some insight on why these ratings are so low before I start using your ratings? How does it affect the game play? Appreciate the responses.
Via first post

Notes

* Ratings appear low but that isn't important. We actually use the entire scale 0-100 in our attributes, so you will get a wider range of outputs.

* Giants/Monsters will appear to be overrated due to their Kayfabe strength/unstoppable nature.

* View an 80 the way 2K naturally treats the 100 rating. So if a wrestler is over a 65, he is doing something right in the wrestling business.

* Don't get into, " How is ____ 3 points higher than ____." Look at tiers. If two wrestlers are within 3-4 points of eachother, that really isn't that much of a differential since we are in fact using the entire scale.

* Don't JUST look at the Overall rating. Remember, wrestlers are rated based on their skillset. So to blindly look at the OVR and not look at the individual attributes wouldn't due each wrestler justice.
Old 10-21-2017, 03:43 PM   #60
Rookie

Hideo Itami > Catch Finisher > GTS
Old 10-21-2017, 04:21 PM   #61
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqkRe1gn
Via first post

Notes

* Ratings appear low but that isn't important. We actually use the entire scale 0-100 in our attributes, so you will get a wider range of outputs.

* Giants/Monsters will appear to be overrated due to their Kayfabe strength/unstoppable nature.

* View an 80 the way 2K naturally treats the 100 rating. So if a wrestler is over a 65, he is doing something right in the wrestling business.

* Don't get into, " How is ____ 3 points higher than ____." Look at tiers. If two wrestlers are within 3-4 points of eachother, that really isn't that much of a differential since we are in fact using the entire scale.

* Don't JUST look at the Overall rating. Remember, wrestlers are rated based on their skillset. So to blindly look at the OVR and not look at the individual attributes wouldn't due each wrestler justice.
I read that and I do appreciate the response but it doesn't answer the question. Why are these ratings being lowered this much? What is the justification for lowering arm strength from 80 to 10? Their has to be a reason for it. In other words when posting sliders for a sports game it's because it's been tested over and over again and an explanation can be given to why. What has the testing shown to be different when lowering these rating so much?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2017, 05:13 PM   #62
DC
Hall Of Fame

Well there is an entire scale of mumbers that 2K refused to use and we just took advantage of what was there. 0-100. For Strikes being so low, we didn't want strikes to dominate our matches in terms of damage infliction, this isn't MMA.

Most damage should be coming from Grapples and Submissions, then followed by strikes. So that is why our Arm/Leg power ratings are so low.

Momentum: We kept this low to actually have a BUILD UP in our matches. We felt like finishers were achieved way too quickly as it stripped away that natural progression of a wrestling match that we prefer.. (Some others might not prefer that).
Old 10-21-2017, 05:50 PM   #63
Rookie

Ok thanks for that response, that makes more sense. So essentially your saying the arm power led to strikes taking off too much damage. Hmmm I'm going to have to test this and see how my matches are affected with a 60-70 arm and leg strength vs. where you guy's have it. Thanks for knowledge.
Old 10-21-2017, 06:05 PM   #64
DC
Hall Of Fame

Just a heads up. When editing attributes, it is best if you go in through the MOVESET EDIT screen as the scrolling is faster. So it will save you some time inputting the ratings

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »