Home

Just started playing the game again and..

This is a discussion on Just started playing the game again and.. within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2018, 09:13 AM   #1
Pro

d23x's Arena

OVR: 0
Just started playing the game again and..

So I stopped playing this game for a while, & just picked it up since I went to Wrestlemania & had that wrestling fever. This game has bright spots, & then it has bad ones. AI needs to drastically improve & ring psychology should be more of a thing. Wrestling is story telling, & matches just don’t feel like it especially when I like to watch them. It’s just a lot of arcade type fighting until someone gets a finisher, & the match is over. I’d like to see more superstars pace themselves throughout a match, spots pretty much never happen.

Every match feels like the superstars can’t wait to finish as fast as possible, and it shouldn’t feel that way imo. Ladder matches may be the worst thing to watch, and usually end in a max of 7 minutes each time I watch them; it’s just not replicating enough of what wrestling is for me. I’m glad they took the next step with the superstars rolling out of the ring after a bump, but this game feels just like a roster update that’s usually out dated anyways once it comes out.

Anyone have things they’d like to see changed or improved? I could keep going, but I like hearing others opinions on the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2018, 12:52 PM   #2
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Just started playing the game again and..

Agreed. This might be the best “fighting” wrestling game ever made, but the problem with WWE games has always been the “sports entertainment” aspect.

Developers seem to simply take the sport too seriously, and ignore the importance of storytelling, ring psychology, spots and teases, momentum shifts, good commentary, and CROWD RESPONSE!

If they can finally add Sports Entertainment to a WWE game, we’ll be all set.
Old 05-12-2018, 03:46 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Just started playing the game again and..

Yeah wrestling games have always just been fighting games. I've always said I'd like to see more of how the matches were set up in like the Stone Cold showcase a few years back. The outcome isn't the question. We know who wins. Let us put together a complete match mixing gameplay and cutscenes. Especially in career and universe mode.

Career mode annoys me because it doesn't know if it wants to treat the world like it's real or fake. They tell you go to win matches like they're real fights. But then tell you to lose or play into a storyline like it's all scripted. One or the other....

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Last edited by Boondok; 05-12-2018 at 04:00 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »