Home

WWE 2K19 Universe Mode

This is a discussion on WWE 2K19 Universe Mode within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2018, 07:04 PM   #33
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: WWE 2K19 Universe Mode

New Team Challenge League (Men's and Women's) confirmations and rumors posted.
NCAA:Badgers
MLB:Brewers
NBA:Bucks

WWLeague Season 3
wiscowilz World Wrestling League Standings/Champions
Old 09-28-2018, 12:23 AM   #34
Rookie

Levistick's Arena

Any suggestions on how to do a successful Universe Mode broadcast?

I've been watching a couple different series, and I've picked up a couple ideas (though they might be a little more than my current hardware is capable of), but I'd be interested in doing a stream that can get into the storylines and booking I'm looking to do, rather than just streaming what would just appear to be random matches to a viewer.

Would I just be on microphone explaining what my story arc is? Should I act as a commentator on the broadcast? Should I keep a separate website diary that acts as a companion to the broadcast? A combination? Something completely different?

Another idea I had was to create a CAW that could act as an avatar for ME inside the universe, and use that CAW in promos to be my mouthpiece and GM figure.
M. Fultz: 15pts., 4 ast. pts.
J. Suggs: 14 pts.
R.J. Hampton: 14 pts.
M. Bamba: 13 pts., 14 reb.
Old 09-28-2018, 04:56 AM   #35
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levistick
Any suggestions on how to do a successful Universe Mode broadcast?

I've been watching a couple different series, and I've picked up a couple ideas (though they might be a little more than my current hardware is capable of), but I'd be interested in doing a stream that can get into the storylines and booking I'm looking to do, rather than just streaming what would just appear to be random matches to a viewer.

Would I just be on microphone explaining what my story arc is? Should I act as a commentator on the broadcast? Should I keep a separate website diary that acts as a companion to the broadcast? A combination? Something completely different?

Another idea I had was to create a CAW that could act as an avatar for ME inside the universe, and use that CAW in promos to be my mouthpiece and GM figure.
I would suggest looking up Gore & Perkins on youtube, they do 2 full ingame years per game the last 2 games, and have some interesting stories that happen
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2018, 12:49 PM   #36
Rookie

Levistick's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeirdViper
I would suggest looking up Gore & Perkins on youtube, they do 2 full ingame years per game the last 2 games, and have some interesting stories that happen
Thanks for the suggestion. They are one of the ones I've had an opportunity to check out, and they definitely have some elements that I'd love to be able to incorporate. They definitely look like they have a strong series.
Old 09-28-2018, 10:13 PM   #37
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levistick
Thanks for the suggestion. They are one of the ones I've had an opportunity to check out, and they definitely have some elements that I'd love to be able to incorporate. They definitely look like they have a strong series.
they definitely have a system down... now obviously with 2 of them it makes the story telling easier to play off eachother... but i think they have a pretty good routine (obviously them uploading almost daily can be hard to copy)

and i think a big thing for them is they more do a "Youtube Universe" and I only assume a lot of what they record is just done in exhibition to set it up as they want so obviously if you want to actually use UM... be some changes
Old 09-28-2018, 11:48 PM   #38
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

HUGE Team Challenge League Confirmations and a rumor that could change the entire look of the WW-League.
NCAA:Badgers
MLB:Brewers
NBA:Bucks

WWLeague Season 3
wiscowilz World Wrestling League Standings/Champions

Last edited by wiscowilz; 09-28-2018 at 11:57 PM.
Old 09-29-2018, 01:27 AM   #39
Rookie

Levistick's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeirdViper
they definitely have a system down... now obviously with 2 of them it makes the story telling easier to play off eachother... but i think they have a pretty good routine (obviously them uploading almost daily can be hard to copy)

and i think a big thing for them is they more do a "Youtube Universe" and I only assume a lot of what they record is just done in exhibition to set it up as they want so obviously if you want to actually use UM... be some changes
Yea, those are some of the aspects I was talking about when I mentioned not quite having the capability. 2 people definitely makes for an easier narrative capability, also gives more ability to play more often and upload more often. And I hadn't even taken into consideration what you said about playing in exhibition mode.

I'll definitely be playing a Universe Mode. I'm kicking around some ideas from just recording live and narrating the storylines myself, to adding in narration post-production, to using a CAW to act as my "in game" avatar in the Universe Mode. A kayfabe way for me to narrate the events. I've also done post game write ups in the past that explain what the story lines were, and how I am going to incorporate and utilize in game events that may or may not have occurred. I'm thinking of potentially keeping the write ups as a companion to the videos, it will be deciding how I want to do the videos that I'll need to work out.

I've found tho, as time consuming as it can be, I have the most fun with my Universe Mode when I get into the write ups and sharing it. I feel like it makes the stories come alive more than just letting them hang out in my head. And when I know there's an audience, even if it's only like 3 people, I get a little more motivated to want to make it entertaining.

Probably one of the funnest Universe memories I have was watching the adventures of David Otunga. It was during the Team Laurinitis People Power days, and I was giving the People Power faction a bit of a push, including putting David Otunga in the Money In The Bank match. I liked him enough to put him in the match, but he was the one guy who I didn't want to win. And of course, that means he won it lol.

Of course, my small audience now wanted to see what was going to happen with David Otunga as Mr. Money In The Bank. Well, he cashed in on Stone Cold (who had won the belt by beating Bret Hart in a Hell In A Cell match - you know, some of the fun but more traditional stuff). I then ended up booking Otunga to retain by beating Austin clean at the next PPV, and then at the PPV following that, Otunga retained after beating Undertaker clean in a Hell In A Cell match.

I don't think my Universe Mode that year made it much past that match, but everyone was engaged by David Otunga of all people basically tearing through all of the old Attitude Era legends as WWE Champion.

And it was fun for me because it was unexpected. Obviously Money In The Bank was a 6 man ladder match, which meant the outcome was out of my control. I didn't plan for Otunga to win MITB, it just happened, and ended up carrying off in a whole other direction!

So I would like to kind of bring that back a bit. That's been missing for me for the past few years of WWE. I already broadcast for my Madden league, but I haven't yet been able to successfully expand to offline, single player franchises. And not just in terms of viewership, but even creatively I haven't found my bit yet.

At least with my Madden league, I have 31 other guys who check it out, and since I'm playing against a live human opponent, I don't need to fill in storylines and narratives so much as I'm actually competing against a real person and letting our skills build that narrative. I can just basically add the color commentary.

But with things like WWE2K, or NBA2K which I also play, or even other non sports games, I'm still trying to find my approach to it.

I think, from what I've seen of them, Gore and Perkins definitely have some elements that would be worth finding inspiration from. But a lot of it is also going to be finding my own creative angle as well. I also don't want to be a knock off. lol
Old 09-29-2018, 06:04 PM   #40
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

Intro post for the Universe is up folks! It's a recap of the things that have happened so far plus my plans for the start of the 2k cycle overall! Go ahead and get yourself caught up and if you'd like to see the rosters for each brand feel free to let me know!
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...3&share_type=t

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »