Home

The CPU reversals are out of control!

This is a discussion on The CPU reversals are out of control! within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2018, 06:33 PM   #9
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The CPU reversals are out of control!

Quote:
Originally Posted by and1product
I agree with you as well but to answer your question, it has to do with the pacing. It has been sped up tremendously and I like it. It is slow and sluggish and robotic anymore. To a lot, fast pace equals more arcade oriented. Also the features like Big head mode instead of putting something more realistic like Ambulance match or Special ref.

The controls could be better if they had a separate strike reversal. That would make it more of a guessing game.

You and Levi stick might be right. I might just need to get used to the new pacing. But multi man matches have definitely taken a step back. I felt the roll out system last year was implemented very well. This year roll outs don't happen nearly as often and guys get up waaaaaayyyyyy to quickly when they do roll out.

Overall I am liking this years game. I don't want to make anyone think I don't. I have actually been playing career mode exclusively so far and o have never played a single career mode in wwe 2k games. I also completed the DB showcase. I hope to complete the my career mode this week and actually get to start my universe.

Just out of curiosity does anyone know how many chapters there are in career mode?
Old 10-09-2018, 07:40 AM   #10
Rookie

So what should I focus to become better at this reversal thing? I am also playing Daniel Bryan's Showcase and got to The Miz, who keeps reversing everything, especially the things the game gives me as missions. He always has a reversal ready and if I get into a reversal fight with him, it is just... horribly boring.

Can I adjust the sliders in the Showcase?
Old 10-09-2018, 10:13 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSavage
So what should I focus to become better at this reversal thing? I am also playing Daniel Bryan's Showcase and got to The Miz, who keeps reversing everything, especially the things the game gives me as missions. He always has a reversal ready and if I get into a reversal fight with him, it is just... horribly boring.

Can I adjust the sliders in the Showcase?
Play more exhibition matches on normal or easy till you feel like nobody can stop you in the game and the reversals down. Then move it up. If the showcase gets hard, it has a difficulty setting. Some people just are quicker at reversing than others. It may take time but you will not remember this once you keep playing the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2018, 10:19 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
You and Levi stick might be right. I might just need to get used to the new pacing. But multi man matches have definitely taken a step back. I felt the roll out system last year was implemented very well. This year roll outs don't happen nearly as often and guys get up waaaaaayyyyyy to quickly when they do roll out.

Overall I am liking this years game. I don't want to make anyone think I don't. I have actually been playing career mode exclusively so far and o have never played a single career mode in wwe 2k games. I also completed the DB showcase. I hope to complete the my career mode this week and actually get to start my universe.

Just out of curiosity does anyone know how many chapters there are in career mode?
I think you got use to it a lot from last year. I can tell you love realistic games. The roll out was complained about too from casuals last year. They hated the fact that the action in the ring was limited and wanted more opportunities to pummel people before getting the roll out.

To me it is great that I don't roll out every time I get dropped and having to wait for the recovery button or the buff to get back in.

I guess the only way they can satisfy both sides is to copy Nba 2k formula and give us alll the sliders we need. From rollouts, more logic attributes like Nba 2k.

But if you notice when you play against the A.I. sometimes, They have specific personas like Kevin Owens always going out the ring when the match starts, or the Miz coward antics. Even in multi tag matches, The A.I. move over for the next partner to tag in. It is beautiful to see the little details.
Old 10-09-2018, 12:00 PM   #13
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
I think you got use to it a lot from last year. I can tell you love realistic games. The roll out was complained about too from casuals last year. They hated the fact that the action in the ring was limited and wanted more opportunities to pummel people before getting the roll out.

To me it is great that I don't roll out every time I get dropped and having to wait for the recovery button or the buff to get back in.

I guess the only way they can satisfy both sides is to copy Nba 2k formula and give us alll the sliders we need. From rollouts, more logic attributes like Nba 2k.

But if you notice when you play against the A.I. sometimes, They have specific personas like Kevin Owens always going out the ring when the match starts, or the Miz coward antics. Even in multi tag matches, The A.I. move over for the next partner to tag in. It is beautiful to see the little details.
Agreed. Seeing some of the character traits taking effect is very pleasing
Old 10-09-2018, 02:15 PM   #14
Rookie

Levistick's Arena

Oh dang, I hadn't noticed those personality traits yet. I will have to keep an eye open for them.
M. Fultz: 15pts., 4 ast. pts.
J. Suggs: 14 pts.
R.J. Hampton: 14 pts.
M. Bamba: 13 pts., 14 reb.
Old 10-09-2018, 02:52 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levistick
Oh dang, I hadn't noticed those personality traits yet. I will have to keep an eye open for them.
Yes Levistick, I picked curt axel and faced rusev and he squashed me. It was like 5 moves and I lost. It was fun. Then When you are getting the best of an A.I. opponent sometimes they get frustrated and go out the ring and start to pout. Or the cheaters will end the match with a chair.

Even if they have a manager and you are just destroying the opponent, the cpu manager will intentionally DQ the match.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2018, 08:26 PM   #16
Rookie

Levistick's Arena

Quote:
Yes Levistick, I picked curt axel and faced rusev and he squashed me. It was like 5 moves and I lost. It was fun. Then When you are getting the best of an A.I. opponent sometimes they get frustrated and go out the ring and start to pout. Or the cheaters will end the match with a chair.

Even if they have a manager and you are just destroying the opponent, the cpu manager will intentionally DQ the match.
Does this carry over into Universe???

I havent seen this yet in mine, but admittedly I have only played about a week in Universe time.
M. Fultz: 15pts., 4 ast. pts.
J. Suggs: 14 pts.
R.J. Hampton: 14 pts.
M. Bamba: 13 pts., 14 reb.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »