Home

The CPU reversals are out of control!

This is a discussion on The CPU reversals are out of control! within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2018, 10:12 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: The CPU reversals are out of control!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levistick
Does this carry over into Universe???

I havent seen this yet in mine, but admittedly I have only played about a week in Universe time.
I have not tested the universe as I am making sure all tag teams and wrestlers are up to date while playing some exhibition matches.
Old 10-10-2018, 10:54 AM   #18
Rookie

Levistick's Arena

OVR: 0

Gotcha! I'll have to let it play out more and see if I notice anything. I would love it if some of those aspects started having a presence in Universe! Could lead to matches playing out more uniquely.

On the subject of counters, I feel that CPU reversals have been pretty fair, but I've have a difficult time doing my own reversals of late. I must have just lost my timing a bit, because I was reversing much more frequently in some of my earlier matches.
M. Fultz: 15pts., 4 ast. pts.
J. Suggs: 14 pts.
R.J. Hampton: 14 pts.
M. Bamba: 13 pts., 14 reb.
Old 10-10-2018, 12:20 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levistick
Gotcha! I'll have to let it play out more and see if I notice anything. I would love it if some of those aspects started having a presence in Universe! Could lead to matches playing out more uniquely.

On the subject of counters, I feel that CPU reversals have been pretty fair, but I've have a difficult time doing my own reversals of late. I must have just lost my timing a bit, because I was reversing much more frequently in some of my earlier matches.
No you are actually accurate. The reversals are harder to time and the A.I. takes advantage of it which is a good thing for me. I end up sometimes losing all my reversal stocks and start getting my butt handed to me. It is a strategy and I love it. Well timed attacks and pacing is the key.

Still some people like to have unlimited reversal stocks, but I like the challenge of some stars having less stocks than others.

Can't wait to get off work and play some more.
Old 10-10-2018, 02:29 PM   #20
Rookie

Levistick's Arena

Oh I definitely enjoy the challenge. I play on Legend so that I can mostly win if it's a regular 1 on 1 match, but that chance to lose is there so it doesn't become boring and redundant.

I just felt like I was able to reverse things pretty easily when I first started 2K19, but the last couple times I've gotten on, I haven't been able to reverse a thing, even with full stock. So I feel like my timing has gotten off the last couple times I've played.

Which can be frustrating in a match where I want a specific outcome lol
M. Fultz: 15pts., 4 ast. pts.
J. Suggs: 14 pts.
R.J. Hampton: 14 pts.
M. Bamba: 13 pts., 14 reb.
Old 10-10-2018, 05:58 PM   #21
Rookie

Sportsfan1889's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by and1product
But if you notice when you play against the A.I. sometimes, They have specific personas like Kevin Owens always going out the ring when the match starts, or the Miz coward antics. Even in multi tag matches, The A.I. move over for the next partner to tag in. It is beautiful to see the little details.
Interesting, don't have the game from this year or 2k18 (last copy being 2k17) but is this sort of thing only applicable to wrestlers already in the game or can it be carried over to CAW's as well? Like, the AI behaves this way because they are "kevin owens" or is it because they have certain attributes that you can give CAW's as well?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2018, 03:27 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan1889
Interesting, don't have the game from this year or 2k18 (last copy being 2k17) but is this sort of thing only applicable to wrestlers already in the game or can it be carried over to CAW's as well? Like, the AI behaves this way because they are "kevin owens" or is it because they have certain attributes that you can give CAW's as well?
These are character specifics. I wish we could mess around with caws to have those kind of logic, but it is character specific.
Old 10-11-2018, 03:51 PM   #23
Rookie

At start i was surprised too, i played in legend, now i play difficult level with vanilla sliders.

and how is good to take time to watch the numbers of reversal you have and other wrestler have, now i think how about use his reversal before mine for take advantage. If we play arcade in run in the IA and kick yes it's strange but with thinking it's become good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »