Home

Game Advice/Recommendation

This is a discussion on Game Advice/Recommendation within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2018, 11:39 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 6
Game Advice/Recommendation

Morning everyone. I haven't ran on a WWE game since 2k 1st started doing the game. So ita been a minute. Rather than going off reviews from magazines I wanted to come here to the Operation Sports Community and get opinions on it.

I am a regular sports gamer. When I play MLB The Show I like to run Manager Mode, or NCAA 14 I like to do Coach Mode. I am really interested in if this game offers this?

I saw doing a little reading on it, you can control the outcomea noq on matches so you don't have to scrap story lines you are working up. Is this true?

Titles and PPV's. I thought I saw where we can create our own titles in the game. So if I wanted to create a Television Championship I am able to. Is this correct?

Inregards to PPV's are we able to change around PPV's? Like for October can I make it Halloween Havoc rather what ever lame PPV they have currently?

Is the Season Pass worth the purchase?

If anyone doesn't mind sharing other details they may enjoy or not like, I would appreciate it. Thanks for your time. Look forward to reading your responses.

You can call it being a "Homer". But as Tupac said, its California Love.

My Teams
NFL- San Francisco 49ers
NBA- Los Angeles Lakers
NHL- Anaheim Ducks
MLB - Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
NCAA - USC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2018, 02:32 AM   #2
Rookie

Levistick's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Game Advice/Recommendation

So it sounds like you would be wanting to run Universe Mode. That is the WWE2K version of a manager / GM Mode, and yes, you can do those sorts of things that you spoke about.

Specifically:

1. Yes, you can choose the winner of a simulation match, and guarantee an outcome. You cannot choose the winner of matches you play, but if you just want to simulate them, then yes, you can choose a winner or randomize the winner. If you only simulate matches, you won't get the cut scenes, but I do believe the very basic story events will show up in your Universe News feed. So you can at least see if someone turned heel, formed an alliance, or cheap shotted their opponent. You can also watch matches play out if you want to get cut scenes but don't want to play them, but you cannot decide who wins. The match will just play out on its own.

2. Yes, you are able to create your own championship belts. Each show has 6 slots for belts. By default, they have a World Championship, a Men's Championship (I.E. Intercontinental Championship or United States Championship), a Tag Team Championship, a Women's Championship, and a MITB briefcase, plus one remaining open slot (by default it may have this as a women's MITB). You can remove any of these and replace them with any championship you like, and of any type. So you can have all Women's titles, or tag titles, or whatever you fancy. So yes if you create a championship belt, you can add it to a show. I have one going in my Universe Mode.

3. Yes, you can change PPV's. You can edit the existing ones, or delete them altogether, and create your own brand new ones. They have themes you can set for your PPV, I.E.: Royal Rumble, and it will have a Royal Rumble match booked on the card. Or you can set it as an Extreme Rules card, and every match will have some sort of extreme stipulation. Or Survivor Series, and have a Survivor Series style match, etc. Or have a regular show card with no theme as well.

You can also delete, edit, and create the weekly shows as well. So if you want to keep Raw and Smackdown, but delete NXT and 205 Live, you can. If you want to move Smackdown back to Thursday, you can. If you want to create WCW, or TNA, and put them on an open night, you can. Or create your own unique thing.

4. Season Pass being worth it or not is really up to you. You can take a look at what the DLC will be this year, and see if those additions to the roster will be worth it to you. Personally, I'm not a big fan of the DLC this year, but I wanted the Deluxe to play early, so it was worth it to me to get it just for that alone. I think the Season Pass also includes the accelerator (unlocks everything in the game for you), which I do use the accelerator. And as far as the DLC goes, a lot of people are looking forward to those roster additions, particularly NXT fans.
M. Fultz: 15pts., 4 ast. pts.
J. Suggs: 14 pts.
R.J. Hampton: 14 pts.
M. Bamba: 13 pts., 14 reb.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »