Home

WWE 2K20 Wishlist

This is a discussion on WWE 2K20 Wishlist within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2019, 10:09 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: WWE 2K20 Wishlist

-Custom music
-More and better call names when creating wrestlers
-roster sharing
-roster templates. Like have it set up by eras and have akl the tag teams and shows etc. as a base and let me add or subtract as I want. It takes way too long to do a roster
-more freedom within universe mode in terms of setting up storylines
-have impact actions. If I want one of the members of a longtime tag team turn heal and betray their partner that should be a selectable action instead of just a lame promo
ability to create my own promos either with the mic on my headset or even keyboard

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-21-2019, 09:17 AM   #18
Pro

rsump112's Arena

OVR: 4

I would just like to quit seeing the duplicate stars. I like Finn Balor, and I would love to use his Demon King entrance and attire for PPV's and special matches, but I can't. I'm not good enough/don't know how to use the creation suite to get a version where one attire is his normal and one is his Demon King. I'm sure there are others but that's the one that I notice the most.
Old 03-22-2019, 11:45 AM   #19
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

I only play Universe mode and a little of Career Mode but it doesn't really hold my interest so I always fall back into Universe Mode so these are all Universe Mode related.

1. More Cutscenes of varying types. Specifically regarding the Authority and them intervening in things. Would love to have something similar to promos but with the McMahon's or a GM for example. Just definitely need more variety. Also need some mid-card level ones as well. As well as maybe cutscenes that don't have a specific rival storyline needed or use other wrestlers. This cutscenes could help with a push or at least give some relevance. For example let's say that The B-Team wrestles and loses. Maybe there is a cutscene after the match in the back with an interviewer asking them about there losing streak. They could you options where you answer as Bo Dallas and he says A. Maybe it's time to break up B. We are going to get back on track C. Blame teammate, etc and they breakup or stick together. It doesn't have to be a continuous thing where there on every week but if you are sick of a tag team it could give some more randomness to break ups etc.

2. The Promos to me just aren't that fun. I'm not 100% sure how to fix it and it's needed to make it feel like TV but they don't work for me. To see Kane come down to the ring and have a weird conversation with Seth Rollins that doesn't make any sense for his character is odd. Need some type of overhaul or basically have only certain options for certain characters.

3. I'd like to see instead of putting wrestlers ranked under titles they should be given a push designation. For example: Major Title Push, Secondary Title Push, Tag Team Title Push, MidCard Push, Low Card Push, etc.

4. Ability to add more matches, especially to PPV's. So many wrestlers just sit for months without getting matches and when they do there is no storyline for them. This is where random cutscenes might help. Especially if listed as friends of someone. Maybe Roman Reigns has a match with the champ and a friend of his, in a cutscene, who isn't a rivalry, has options to say A. Good Luck (reinforces friendship) B. I've got your back ( Reinforces and if run-in comes out to help) C. This should be my shot (End Friendship) etc. There definitely needs to be lower tier rivalries and use of Allies more.

5. Wrestlers should retire. There could be a pop-up that asks if you want wrestlers to retire after current year. If you choose yes, then a few months before Wrestlemania there could be some cutscenes where they talk of his retirement and his final match at Wrestlemania (ala Kurt Angle).

6. Along those same lines there should be call-up to replace aging or poor wrestlers. Maybe instead of just overall rating add a relevance rating to each wrestler. If it gets below a certain point they can be released. Then have call-ups from NXT or just non-roster guys. It would be awesome to maybe somewhere during Raw there is a cutaway with some flashes of the guys face or titantron video then He's Coming.... You could always make this an option to be turned off so you didn't have to deal with it.

7. To Continue with the last two Retirement/CAll-Up/New Wrestlers. 2K should make a bunch of 2k created wrestlers to be new on NXT or allow the player to do so. So as guys retire and others are called these created wrestlers fill the holes on NXT or another show. You have up to 2 major shows and 2 lower tiered shows. Again you could turn this all off and not use the created wrestlers or add a checkbox to unassigned wrestlers and let them fill the holes.

8. Need to have some random or selected ability to move people from shows. Either a draft or something of that nature where people move shows.

I like to let my Universe play out on it's own. So for me anything that adds to the random, free flowing is best. The cutscenes, rivalries, etc are great they just need more to keep it fresh. That's what I have for now.
Old 03-24-2019, 02:23 PM   #20
Rookie

Levistick's Arena

I exclusively play Universe Mode, so my wishlist will be based on that. As it is, I think that WWE2K19 is a big step in the right direction for Universe Mode, and it's the funnest I have had with the mode in a few years. I think the mode overall is on the right path, and I am very happy with it overall. But there are always areas for improvement.

-I definitely do *not* want to see GM Mode -replace- Universe Mode. I disagree with the seemingly common belief that GM Mode is superior. I liked GM Mode a lot and thought it had a lot of promising features, but I find it to have been more limiting in options and freedoms than Universe Mode.

-That said, I AM in favor of GM Mode as an optional feature of Universe Mode, or an alternative mode alongside Universe Mode:

-Optional feature: Contracts and finances, trades, drafts, overall roster management. I know this is one often cited feature of GM Mode that a lot of people liked, and I certainly would be in favor of seeing it make a comeback as an optional feature. I would want the option to turn it off, because sometimes I just want the free form open endedness to run the Universe Mode entirely as I see fit, but it does present a different challenge. And admittedly, it is fun to sometimes have rosters fixed to specific shows, and have the accomplishment of luring a big name star over from a rival brand (if anyone remembers the old Promotion Wars text simulators, I absolutely loved doing this, and signing guys over from rival promotions to help further build mine)

-Optional feature: Ratings; match ratings and show ratings. Another often requested feature, it does pose a challenge of creating a superior brand. It could also open up multi player possibilities, if you wanted to allow an on going multiplayer GM Mode that allows players to pit their shows against each other. I would want the option to turn it off because sometimes the ratings criteria is non-sensical, and again, I like the option to be able to run an ENTIRE WWE all as one and have control over every show, as many shows as I want.

-Better run in options: Quite possibly my most wanted upgrade. As it stands, run ins often don't even work properly as it is. Either they don't occur at all, or they attack the wrong person, or quite a number of various other botches. But also, we need the ability to have run ins during championship matches. It can be frustrating to the progression of a storyline where we don't have the ability to lose a belt under a dusty finish. It always has to be clean. But maybe I want a heel to get a belt under sketchy circumstances, so as to continue to build a feud, or establish the dominance of a stable, or any other slew of reasons. Unfortunately, there's not really a possibility of doing that now, as any championship match has to be played clean.

-More cutscenes: This goes without saying, and is quite possibly the biggest contributor in Universe Mode burnout. After about a month or so of in game time, you've exhausted every possible Universe Mode cutscene, nothing is new anymore, and you're getting the same cutscenes in rivalry after rivalry, often times getting the same cutscenes in consecutive matches on the same show! There needs to be more to mix it up and make Universe Mode more exciting and unpredictable.

-More variety in feuds: Keeping with the idea of more cutscenes, but going beyond it(and maybe even more important), is more variety in feuds. It actually makes me want to NOT create feuds, because so often the feuds are the same thing - book the 2 stars in a feud in match after match against each other every week until the PPV. It limits my storytelling freedom when I know that each star in a feud is going to be booked in 1 on 1 matches with each other for a month, and then fight again at the PPV, making the PPV match less special in terms of story, and in terms of gameplay. I would prefer more automatic booking that places the stars in matches against other opponents, but leads to more run ins and screw jobs, or freedom to book my own matches and have higher run in frequencies and such.

-Funner beatdowns: A few years back when they had Austin on the cover, and had the Austin storymode, that was actually one of the funner experiences I had with a non-Universe Mode gameplay. One of the things that stood out was when they did the match spots, or post / pre match beatdowns. It's very scripted, which may make it hard for Universe Mode, but it made it a bit fun when during the match, you had specific objectives for a particular spot, and before or after the match, there was no gameplay for enacting a beatdown. I think these could possibly make Universe Mode run ins and story beatdowns even more engaging. Again, it might be difficult to implement because the Showcase beatdowns are all scripted from real life events. And at least Universe Mode does have options for that. So it isn't my most pressing wish.

There's probably more that I can and will think of as I get back into my Universe Mode. I may come back and add to this list.
M. Fultz: 15pts., 4 ast. pts.
J. Suggs: 14 pts.
R.J. Hampton: 14 pts.
M. Bamba: 13 pts., 14 reb.
Old 03-26-2019, 06:57 PM   #21
Pro

jmac7164's Arena

Transfer created tag teams to Universe mode.

4 man stable entrances. not 3 man entrance with a random 4th walking behind the rest.

Ability to hold two belts in entrances.

Celebrate with both title won in a double title win.

Ability to label Attires, more attire slots.

The ability to save CAW's to the cloud (Or something similar). I can save the CAW to the cloud and delete them off my game for the time being. But redownload them whenever I want.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2019, 03:24 AM   #22
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

A simple one for me is added or re-added match types. WarGames for a new one. And brought back would be casket matches. Buried Alive.

Beyond all else I want a Monday Night Wars Showcase. Ton of WCW guys. And go through week by week. Oh and when you complete certain weeks you unlock guys for Universe. Not some VC system.

You want money from VC. Create a MUT or DD type mode. Trust me. You will bring in money. Look at the card game on mobile. But don’t require no money spent guys to buy VC. Let them unlock via Showcase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 03-30-2019, 01:32 PM   #23
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

I want simple things that I have wanted for years:

A Real calendar in Universe mode. No more of this every month has exactly 4 weeks in it crap. We are losing 4 weeks a year due to this. No more of this every month starts on Monday and ends on Sunday. How is this so hard to put into the game?

The leader of a stable should be in the #1 spot. So sick of putting stables together and having the leader be the 3rd spot or having to be part of the tag team in the entrance. If they have to have it as if you are creating a tag team or a stable.

And a few other things.

We need a lot more options for trios entrances.

I also agree that now that we can have 8-man matches we need more 4-person entrances

Carrying two titles

Roster upload and download ability, with statistic changes. This is available on pretty much every sports related game.

Maybe the ability to just create attires and upload them, like custom teams on other sports games.
NCAA:Badgers
MLB:Brewers
NBA:Bucks

WWLeague Season 3
wiscowilz World Wrestling League Standings/Champions

Last edited by wiscowilz; 03-30-2019 at 01:46 PM.
Old 03-30-2019, 05:25 PM   #24
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13

I want stables to really matter, don't want them being put against each other during Universe mode, more generic entrances would be good also up to 4 man

I want to be able to create a manager that won't be put in a match during Universe mode and also comes out with each member I have him set to come out with in the stable.

Would like for the manager to do more during the matches, really like many of the ideas you all have, hope they get some of this stuff in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »