Home
News Post

We have just posted some info and screenshots of Madden NFL 2006.
"For the first time in 10 years, the Madden NFL Football franchise has revolutionized its passing game—giving Madden NFL 06 the most groundbreaking and innovative offensive arsenal ever created. The new QB Vision Control lets you scan the field, look off defenders, and make perfect throws within your quarterback’s unique field of vision."

Member Comments
# 1 inkcil @ 04/14/05 12:15 AM
"Madden NFL 2006 will finally bring authentic NFL passing to video games!"

Finally? Hmmmm, what they described didn't seem to be anything new to football videogaming, just a new way of saying it. Unless there is a jump-ball pass button, but we've already had the ability to lob, bullet or lead receivers in the past.

Well, I hope whatever it is the game will be fun to play.

I like the shot of the stiffarm in the snow.

Thanks for posting the picks!

# 2 TJdaSportsGuy @ 04/14/05 07:08 AM
I hate to be cynical, and let me start by saying that I'm a die-hard Madden guy. Hell, I've played my neighbor in a game online as recently as two nights ago, but those screen shots didn't look any different than last year's Madden, save for Moss in a Raiders jersey.

I guess they've topped out at what they can do in this generation of consoles?

# 3 videobastard @ 04/14/05 08:50 AM
The game looks just like last years

# 4 hawkeyekid @ 04/14/05 12:59 PM
Sweet, I can lead recievers now. Wait.... can't I already do that.

I've seen those pics already. It's called trading Moss to the Raiders and playing 2005.

They better have some great new gameplay features or it will be 2005 again. I'm not expecting any great visual changes as that will be for the ps3 system.

# 5 rockbottom3 @ 04/14/05 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyekid
Sweet, I can lead recievers now. Wait.... can't I already do that.

I've seen those pics already. It's called trading Moss to the Raiders and playing 2005.

They better have some great new gameplay features or it will be 2005 again. I'm not expecting any great visual changes as that will be for the ps3 system.

I believe the new qb vision is a cone representing the qbs eyesight. if you throw to the reciever in the cone you get a better chance of completion, if you do not you can look off defenders but you are less accurate to the reciever

# 6 Dzson @ 04/14/05 04:11 PM
jeez i luv maddens gameplay but i still dont like theyre graphics engine

# 7 blackceasar @ 04/14/05 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
I hate to be cynical, and let me start by saying that I'm a die-hard Madden guy. Hell, I've played my neighbor in a game online as recently as two nights ago, but those screen shots didn't look any different than last year's Madden, save for Moss in a Raiders jersey.

I guess they've topped out at what they can do in this generation of consoles?
Topped out what they can do? Yeah what THEY can do. lol. Until the 2k series of football games really hit the masses people didnt realize just lazy or incapable EA is at taking thier game further than what they have. I feel like the graphics are an improvement over last years BUT thats still not saying much. Its the same game engine revamped and they threw in a few more poly's in the polygon count. EA REBUILD THAT OUTDATED OLD 2000 ENGINE!!!

God, Im allready depressed. I guess what we have seen just proves the optomistic fanboys wrong...you remember them talking "with the competition out of the way EA can really do something great and innovative now!" .......you sense my sarcasm dont you people? lol

# 8 rpac44 @ 04/14/05 11:37 PM
hmmmm...new qb vision but none of the screenshots show it

lol at the realism...harrison burning chiefs d

# 9 Starbase503 @ 04/15/05 11:32 AM
I agree with you guys. Right now, unless I see some eye-popping innovations (and not like that Race for the Heisman-type junk they are putting in NCAA), I will just be keeping my NFL season running with ESPN 2K5.

# 10 Nivek @ 04/15/05 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpac44
hmmmm...new qb vision but none of the screenshots show it

lol at the realism...harrison burning chiefs d
Look again

# 11 questlove76 @ 04/15/05 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek
Look again

my question to that pic is will that DB playing zone jump 20 feet into the air to block that pass to TO? I can deal with the graphics, but please hook me up with some good game play.

# 12 inkcil @ 04/15/05 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by questlove76
my question to that pic is will that DB playing zone jump 20 feet into the air to block that pass to TO? I can deal with the graphics, but please hook me up with some good game play.
If he doesn't jump 20 feet to block the pass you can bet that as soon as you press the pass button, one or both of those defenders in front of Mitchell will begin to drift towards TO and mange to reach him at about the same time the ball does, causing one of those "I just knew that was going to be a completion but I guess not" ball-dropping hits that will make this game so much fun to play.

Disclaimer: On a serious note, I hope not.

# 13 Medway @ 04/19/05 01:48 AM
Ok so they highlight the area in front of the QB that he sees, is that it?

# 14 MachoMyers @ 04/19/05 09:48 AM
From that pic looks like defenders (like that Pats LB) will continue to just coast out in right field and cover 30 yards of grass that nobody occupies. Or they will just give them jet packs to cover the pass

# 15 Motown @ 04/19/05 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreBly
From that pic looks like defenders (like that Pats LB) will continue to just coast out in right field and cover 30 yards of grass that nobody occupies. Or they will just give them jet packs to cover the pass

I believe the LB is spyin' McNabb

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.