Home
News Post

I can't help watching, like a grisly car accident.

Every major game release now has exactly the same flavor, as someone somewhere must discover X number of fatal flaws, develop fixes, and start talking about patches. It's happening every game...{br}{br}View the Entire Article{br}

Member Comments
# 1 Stu @ 07/12/05 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amidst The Blather
As a voice of experience, let me say: don't hold your breath waiting on that patch
So EA did confirm there will be a patch!?!?!?

Just kidding. Good stuff fossen.

# 2 Acid @ 07/12/05 02:23 PM
Great blog.

I hate the bugs/glitches threads, most of the stuff people find aren't that big of a deal, like you mentioned.

# 3 Husker_OS @ 07/12/05 02:46 PM
Good read. I agree completely, these aren't game killers. And QBs tend to throw for over 3000 yards in a season in college. Just look at what Kyle Orton did last year. Or Stephan LeFors. Or Matt Leinart. Or Jason White. Or etc, etc.

# 4 GiantsFan @ 07/12/05 03:40 PM
I agree. Just have fun it's a game.

# 5 heelsman22 @ 07/12/05 04:39 PM
Amen.

# 6 Gary Armida @ 07/12/05 04:45 PM
Excellent blog. As a 30 something member of this community, I often think about the great games of my life time. Tecmo Bowl, Baseball Stars, etc. Great, fun games that had issues.

# 7 Brandwin @ 07/13/05 07:25 PM
Quote:
Personally, I'm tired of hearing the sky is falling, and that the wolves are coming. It's no longer about the games (or the bugs), it's about making a scene and getting attention.
Amen Mark, Amen.

# 8 coogrfan @ 07/13/05 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by husker9
Good read. I agree completely, these aren't game killers. And QBs tend to throw for over 3000 yards in a season in college. Just look at what Kyle Orton did last year. Or Stephan LeFors. Or Matt Leinart. Or Jason White. Or etc, etc.
That's nothing, check out uh QB David Klinger's 1990 stats:

YR--GP--COM--ATT--PCT--YDS--TD--INT--EFF

1990--11--374--643--58.2--5140--54--20--146.8

Something to think about when people start complaining about unrealistic stats in the game.

# 9 mgoblue @ 07/13/05 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
That's nothing, check out uh QB David Klinger's 1990 stats:

YR--GP--COM--ATT--PCT--YDS--TD--INT--EFF

1990--11--374--643--58.2--5140--54--20--146.8

Something to think about when people start complaining about unrealistic stats in the game.
obviously Klingler needed to move up to Heisman, or use better AA sliders...or install some house rules

# 10 Kanobi @ 07/20/05 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amidst The Blather
I can't help watching, like a grisly car accident.
Car Accident?...I think its more like a Mass Suicide. There just so many guys hellbent on ruining their own gameplay experience either buy sifting through "Official Bugs, Glitches..." threads or by eagerly dissecting/analyzing the game themselves in search of flaws just so they can hit the board(s) and proclaim first discovery of some supposed "Game-killer".

I don't see how any of these guys can possibly and sincerely enjoy the game(s) anymore. Why pay 45-50 bucks just to piss yourself off and try to get others to be pissed off with you? Doesn't make much sense to me.

And even if you can adjust sliders...that will only become an endlessly, frustrating pursuit simply because you're constantly analyzing the game to make sure your sliders are working "perfectly" instead of just playing the game and having fun.

I'm not suggesting that guys just "shut up and play". Some complaints may be valid and theres always room for constructive criticism of a game. But Christ, these days it seems people take complaining to new extremes and unneccasrily so.

Just my two cents worth.

Great article, Fossen.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.