Home
News Post

We have just posted the MVP 06 NCAA Baseball announcement, along with 2 screenshots.
"Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: ERTS) announced today that MVP™ 06 NCAA® Baseball is in development and scheduled for release in spring 2006 under the EA SPORTS™ brand. This new version of the best-selling and critically acclaimed MVP Baseball™ franchise is being produced by Electronic Arts Canada in Vancouver, B.C., and will celebrate everything that makes NCAA® baseball unique – aluminum bats, intense action, and stadiums filled with school spirit and packed with passionate fans."

Member Comments
# 1 CMH @ 09/07/05 10:38 PM
I don't know, maybe it's just me. But that 2nd screenshot, the player wearing Texas red. That's just beautiful.

# 2 hallandnash @ 09/07/05 10:53 PM
awesome news ... personally i'm a bigger fan of the ncaa dynasty recruiting systems than the profressional dynasty systems.

Question ... will this be a xbox 360 game ?

# 3 Spanky @ 09/07/05 11:26 PM
College baseball? What's next, a WNBA game?

# 4 Steve_OS @ 09/07/05 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallandnash
awesome news ... personally i'm a bigger fan of the ncaa dynasty recruiting systems than the profressional dynasty systems.

Question ... will this be a xbox 360 game ?
So far, we've only heard PS2 and Xbox.

# 5 CMH @ 09/08/05 01:04 AM
I don't know. Hopefully, if not, EA made up a company. I rather they have some random word like "Kentucky Basher" or "Weston" than an EA logo.

# 6 rork73 @ 09/08/05 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeePride_YP
I don't know. Hopefully, if not, EA made up a company. I rather they have some random word like "Kentucky Basher" or "Weston" than an EA logo.
Really silly to keep it away from PC. I guess this shows that they don't feel confident that this game will sell well enough to fund PC development.....

It's been the PC modding community that has made the previous two versions interesting enough for the whole season - not their own slow roster updates.
Hope they will consider that the next time.

# 7 medlinke @ 09/08/05 07:40 AM
YEAH! College Baseball!!!

I cannot wait for the 22-12 games. I hope Jim Rome hears about this one and does a take that man hates college baseball with a passion.

# 8 davewins @ 09/08/05 09:51 AM
“MVP 06 NCAA Baseball will allow fans an opportunity to experience college baseball through high tech video that has thrilling game action, along with the exciting team spirit and atmosphere that you see during an actual game. We’re pleased to work with EA on this project that will bring fans even closer to NCAA college baseball.”

I wonder what they mean by "experience baseball through high tech video".

Anyways, I can't wait to find out what the new hitting and throwing systems are. I thought the MVP series was a vast improvement on the other throwing systems and the hitting system also. But, everything gets old and I think it's now time for something new. I would like to see something where you can possibly get throwing errors every once in a while. I'm just really excited to hear about the new hitting and throwing systems.

# 9 hallandnash @ 09/08/05 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rork73
Really silly to keep it away from PC. I guess this shows that they don't feel confident that this game will sell well enough to fund PC development.....

It's been the PC modding community that has made the previous two versions interesting enough for the whole season - not their own slow roster updates.
Hope they will consider that the next time.
I agree that's one thing I've never, ever understood. College sports are so popular, but they never appear as PC versions.

# 10 acarrero @ 09/08/05 11:34 AM
Sounds like the NCAA is working closely w/EA hoping to make college baseball a major sport, this game would help. I don't undertsand why the Jim Romes of the world dislike college baseball and treat it like a joke. So many good players came from college baseball before being good pros. What's the big difference between college basketball and college baseball in relation to the pro leagues? That the media doesn't cover it the same way. The aluminum bats aren't much different in relation than having the 3-point line much closer. The 20-15 games are a thing of the past for the most part. The bats were modified a few years ago and since then it's pitching that wins championships. I think EA had the perfect opportunity to take this chance and I think it's going to work out. There's no reason why college baseball won't continue to grow in popularity in the years to come.

# 11 ndeezlo @ 09/08/05 03:43 PM
PING

# 12 TexansFanDC8 @ 09/08/05 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeePride_YP
I don't know, maybe it's just me. But that 2nd screenshot, the player wearing Texas red. That's just beautiful.
Not to be too nitpicky here, but it's not red. It's burnt orange.

# 13 Bruin26 @ 09/08/05 04:12 PM
I've always wanted a college baseball game, so I am definitely looking forward to this.

I hope we hear that they plan to do a Xbox 360 version as well.

# 14 Bruin26 @ 09/08/05 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanDC8
Not to be too nitpicky here, but it's not red. It's burnt orange.

Although in that pic it does seem to be more red than what I normally see for Texas colors.

# 15 Smallberries @ 09/08/05 08:14 PM
Good for EA. I really enjoyed MVP this year, more so than ESPN, so for them to continue it in some way is great. And I love college baseball.

hope they can get some of the bigger college stadiums in too, other than just Rosenblatt. I would hate for them to all be generic. That said, the pics of Rosenblatt look pretty good, even at this stage.

# 16 Bondsfan @ 09/08/05 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
College baseball? What's next, a WNBA game?
Here's the thing though. I've never watched a College Baseball game. Frankly, I don't care at all about College Baseball. But I don't follow College Basketball either and I will tell you, the last NCAA 2K game may have been the best sports game ever made. I didn't know any of the players, but I played that game more than any other sports game this year. Why? Because it had an awesome dynasty mode. College games are cool because the seasons are short and there is in season recruiting, which makes the GM nuts like me much more excited about playing each season. You get all the fun GM stuff all season long. In the pro games, you get a few tasks to do after playing a long season, then you have to play another entire season before you get to do the major GM duties.

If this game has good gameplay and a great dynasty system, it won't matter to me that I don't follow College Baseball. I'll buy it. Especially if EA cuts the price to undermine 2Ksports.

# 17 aukevin @ 09/09/05 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBIZZLE
College baseball If I only knew more than 5 college players maybe I'd be interested, I'd also be interested if they have an unlockable team of kids that are tring to get their GED.
well, some people suggested a baseball game of fake players since you can't use MLB players. This is pretty much the same thing I think. So for those people, I don't see why this game doesn't excite them. I would much rather have MLB players in the game, but I'm happy that at least I can still play with the MVP engine. And the fact that there is some realism since it is real college teams, that makes it better for me than just a fake league. Hopefully the scouting of the players is done as well as the NCAA football game, otherwise it will be even more of a fake league. Either way, I don't see why this option wouldn't excite the gamers that wanted a MVP engine game even if it was fake players.

# 18 ravnos @ 09/09/05 03:21 PM
Anyone up to doing Rosters for this game

# 19 tkoui @ 09/10/05 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8bit
the name sounds a little too cluttered, i think they should just stick with ncaa baseball 06

I think it's good to keep MVP in the title. That way, people will realize that it has the same engine as MVP 2005. MVP05 is still a great game 6 months later. I'm looking forward to this title even though I don't watch much NCAA baseball (other than the College World Series).

# 20 BigDaddyWi @ 09/14/05 05:27 PM
I want to applaude the people on thisboard for their openmindedness.

Most of the threads I have read on other boards (EA in particular have been wholly negative.

I do watch a lot of college baseball and I think you will find that the game is very different in its strategy and other aspects to be a viable entity.

Also with the coperation of Baseball America and ESPN this game has a very high celling when coupled with the MVP engine.

Way to Go guys and take me back home to Omaha...

Well we took the field on a perfect day,
It was right out of a dream
Never seen a sky so crystal clear,
Never walked on grass so green
And in the stands when they clapped their hands,
Well I could feel it in my chest
Yeah they come from almost every State
To find out who’s the best
So put me in, I’m your man,
I promise I can do it all
And feels so good to breath the
Air back home in Omaha

From the Texas hills to the Golden Gate
To the warm Miami shore
They play the game, a thousand names
You’ve never heard before
Yeah but don’t forget a single face,
You could see that boy again
And somewhere down the road you might
Say, “hey, I remember when”
‘Cause there’s a dream in every glove,
There’s a wish on every ball
And once again they’ll make their
Name back home in Omaha

Well it feels like it might be time
Somebody gives this game a rise
Throw me one across the plate
Man I’ll put it in another State
And that ain’t no lie

When it all comes down to the final round
I’ll be right here on this hill
Yeah me and the boys are gonna make
Some noise and give this crowd a thrill
So raise that flag, sing that song and
Throw me out a brand new ball
And there’s nowhere I’d rather be
Than back home in Omaha

Back home in Omaha
Back home in Omaha

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.