Home
News Post

We have just posted our Fight Night Round 3 review. Find out what Aaron Holbert has to say about it.
"EA is back with Fight Night Round 3 and this was definitely a difficult game to review. I have to admit that I usually cut game companies some slack when reviewing the first game in a series on a new console. However, this situation is a little different. Fight Night Round 3 isn’t a launch game, and with the exception of the graphics and a few features, the game is a port of the current-generation console versions. Most of the major features can be found in all versions of this game and EA had three months after launch to prepare this game for release. Still, this is the first next-generation appearance for the Fight Night series and some growing pains are guaranteed to occur. As can be expected, there is plenty of good and plenty of bad with the third version of the Fight Night series."

Member Comments
# 1 luv_mist @ 02/28/06 01:44 PM
Dang, I was really thinking this would be the game to catapult all games. I liked the review. Honestly, I am still waiting for the game in the mail and this makes me really anticipate the fun I'll have. FNR2 was great until the haymakers were too much and the realistic gameplay was too easy. Wasn't a proper balance in there and the career was lacking a bit. And the decrease in the amount of boxers in the game really is a killer. I wonder if this is a plan made for the PS3 to benefit from or something?? Just thinking.......

# 2 koolbubbaice @ 02/28/06 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
We have just posted our Fight Night Round 3 review. Find out what Aaron Holbert has to say about it.
"EA is back with Fight Night Round 3 and this was definitely a difficult game to review. I have to admit that I usually cut game companies some slack when reviewing the first game in a series on a new console. However, this situation is a little different. Fight Night Round 3 isn’t a launch game, and with the exception of the graphics and a few features, the game is a port of the current-generation console versions. Most of the major features can be found in all versions of this game and EA had three months after launch to prepare this game for release. Still, this is the first next-generation appearance for the Fight Night series and some growing pains are guaranteed to occur. As can be expected, there is plenty of good and plenty of bad with the third version of the Fight Night series."
He put the nail to the head on this review..I though his FRN2 review was lacking & incorrect in some areas..No complaints with this one.. I been calling for sliders after FN1 was released.. Kudo says only 'lazy' developers add sliders to their games, to 'fix' the gameplay.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.