Home
News Post

Will we see a football game from 2K Sports this year?

Member Comments
# 1 all4isu @ 03/05/06 12:07 AM
My vote is no. But my heart says yes!!! it would be great if some sort of game was created. think what visual concepts could do with 360 hardware!! we can only hope

# 2 Bruin26 @ 03/05/06 06:21 AM
I would love it if they made a game and did what the makers of the new Blitz did. Make up a new league and make up an enitre history of it. Put a lot of effort into that aspect as far as where teams are, team nams, logos, etc.

Maybe even make it adjustable by the player so their own league could be created.

I realize people want the NFL, but I personally would have a lot of fun with a good playing football game that did this. I don't own the Blitz game, mainly because I have a 360 now and need to buget my game spending more than I have had to in the past, but I really enjoyed reading about the teams and the league history. It made me very interested in the game. To do that with a more serious game rather than focus on the things Blitz did could make for a great game.

# 3 Gleebo @ 03/05/06 09:48 AM
WHat ever happened to the good old days when video games that could not secure the correct licsense released a game with the following:

Team Names:

NY Titans
KC Indians
Arz Red Birds
Minnesotsa Norseman

You get the idea....

And the QB of the NY Titans would wear number 10 and his name Elo Nanning.

I also remember there was a game that actually had a logo designer in the game, though I could do without the logo, as long as team colors were correct...

# 4 ifiok25 @ 03/05/06 03:17 PM
There should be an NFL 2K game this year. It would give EA some competition that they no longer have.

# 5 e0820 @ 03/05/06 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin26
I would love it if they made a game and did what the makers of the new Blitz did. Make up a new league and make up an enitre history of it. Put a lot of effort into that aspect as far as where teams are, team nams, logos, etc.

Maybe even make it adjustable by the player so their own league could be created.
I agree. If they cant use NFL Teams/Players/Logos then do what Blitz did. The most important part to everyone (I hope) is that gameplay is good/realistic.

# 6 bangpow @ 03/06/06 02:55 PM
I have a question for the people the people that think that 2K Sports is coming out with a game this year....

What makes you think that they will? I only ask because besides a little blurb about Legends and a comment here or there, I haven't seen any substantial evidence that leads me to believe that they are coming out with one this year. Also, they are in a bit of financial trouble, which delayed the release of a couple of their games. Plus, the mere fact that they pretty much avoid all talk about the future of their football franchise doesn't make me think that they have anything to surprise us with.

I would like for them to come out with a new game, but again, I haven't heard anything to make me think that they are going to.

# 7 ronnyballgame @ 03/06/06 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4isu
My vote is no. But my heart says yes!!! it would be great if some sort of game was created. think what visual concepts could do with 360 hardware!! we can only hope
they can port over games well? Haha, joking, I have given up on 2ksports, the only game they did decently this year was college hoops 2k6

# 8 spit_bubble @ 03/06/06 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
I hope so.

# 9 NYG_Meth @ 03/07/06 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookooForCocoa
I hope so.
Me too

# 10 quietcool72 @ 03/08/06 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangpow
I have a question for the people the people that think that 2K Sports is coming out with a game this year....

What makes you think that they will? I only ask because besides a little blurb about Legends and a comment here or there, I haven't seen any substantial evidence that leads me to believe that they are coming out with one this year. Also, they are in a bit of financial trouble, which delayed the release of a couple of their games. Plus, the mere fact that they pretty much avoid all talk about the future of their football franchise doesn't make me think that they have anything to surprise us with.

I would like for them to come out with a new game, but again, I haven't heard anything to make me think that they are going to.
Well, I think it has to do with the evidence.

1. The Legends "blurb"
2. An evident "Gag-Order" for 2K employees to not speak of Legends or any football for that matter. (why not just say "no, we aren't making one.")
3. Demand.

Let me focus on #3. There IS demand. Heck, if Blitz: The League could sell a million copies despite the cheesiness and the disregard for anything resembling real football, what could a real football product do in terms of business? Answer- more than a million copies, that's for sure.

Plus, there's demand in other ways too. Online multiplayer franchises are 3 years old since first seen in NFL 2K4.. yet EA ignores them and pretends they don't exist. There's TONS of people that WANT them to exist, yet EA does its usual bit of "nothing" and "more of the same".

(Don't even bring up "The Locker"- those franchises are a "who used the file last/chaind-of-possession nightmare for more than 2 or three players.... and that's when the stats successfully merge from the spawns...)

Demand for 2K football (of any kind) will grow as long as EA keeps releasing products that don't do anything to help fans of 2K5 forget about its features.

EA hasn't "wowed" anybody since Madden 2001.

So 2K has to see the demand. They'd be blind not to.

# 11 xrams @ 03/09/06 01:43 AM
exactly quiet... I know 2K has a rep of quality to maintain... however, releasing a game for a niche (football sim loyalist) that already exist should be automatic... the fact that it generic is a aspect that can easily be overlooked/forgotten with great gameplay.... online leagues... creatable logos.... and so on.... why wait... I know my words are more desire than fact... but I can't help but think that there are at least 500,000 ppl that would give at least 50bucks for anything 2K put out... just as a hold over.... that to me is a win win....!!!

# 12 slickdtc @ 03/11/06 04:03 PM
Not this year. Definitely sometime though.

# 13 writinguy @ 03/21/06 05:52 PM
If 2k(having never played the series) gets user created playbooks into an online setting through multiplayer individual and franchise gaming, they will get a lot of new people on their side with or without an NFL licence.

EA royally shafted all of the players that LOVE to create their own plays, formations and playbooks, and a lot of us have vowed not to go back to them if they continue to deny us this feature.

# 14 cowboys4eva @ 03/29/06 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
we want see a 2k football game this year but maybe 1 or 2 years from now. but not this year.

# 15 Iron Tusks @ 04/06/06 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboys4eva
we want see a 2k football game this year but maybe 1 or 2 years from now. but not this year.
I think we'll see something this year, but at the very least an announcement at E3. Screw legends and all that jazz, why not a Mutant league 2k game! That would be total EA pwnage, in my opinion.

# 16 eason2387 @ 04/06/06 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyballgame
they can port over games well? Haha, joking, I have given up on 2ksports, the only game they did decently this year was college hoops 2k6
...and NBA2K6. Since they've been robbed of football the 2 basketball games are arguably their biggest franchises. I see no reason to blast a small developer whose main line of games (basketball) are of a quality leaps and bounds beyond its closest competitor.

# 17 bangpow @ 04/06/06 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quietcool72
Well, I think it has to do with the evidence.

1. The Legends "blurb"
2. An evident "Gag-Order" for 2K employees to not speak of Legends or any football for that matter. (why not just say "no, we aren't making one.")
3. Demand.

Yeah, I still don't see that as overwhelming evdidence, QC. Remeber that blurb about the X05 show overseas?? What happened there?

Nothing, they didn't show a darn thing.

# 18 Dondadda @ 05/11/06 02:16 PM
So I guess that the answer is . . . unfortunately . . . no?

I haven't heard anything from E3. Any one else?

# 19 Spills22 @ 05/12/06 09:55 PM
Do you guys remember the what a great game SNK's Baseball Stars was for the NES? Half of the fun was creating your own team and players. Why doesn't 2K Sports just put out the same thing without any names but include all of the presentation. EA doesn't own the rights to the stadiums and cities in the US do they (maybe that's next : - D)? I would love to just have that 2K presentation back. I just don't see why they think they would sell a ton of copies making a generic football game where the player can customize everything. It doesn't appear as though they are going pull in rabbits out of thier hat so I guess we're screwed for another 4 years or however long it is. Madden 2007 doesn't even have announcers again. Are they taking lessons from Top Spin now? Oh well.

# 20 TheBadazz @ 05/13/06 12:46 AM
You also got to think, earlier this year, it was said that 2k was making a boxing game. That wasn't at the show. It's not required that you bring all of you titles to the show. If you have a secret, wait til the last second to tell it.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.