Home
News Post

Aaron Holbert has just posted his hands on impressions of NBA 2K7.
"I have to be honest with you guys. Going in to E3, I wasn’t excited about NBA 2K7. From the pre-E3 trailer and the screenshots, I didn’t think the game looked much different then NBA 2K6 and while I did notice that Tim Duncan and Shawn Marion had their jumpshots, I didn’t think that was a big deal because the NBA Live had those last year. This apathetic feeling lasted until I got the chance to meet with Rob Jones and discuss this year’s version."

Member Comments
# 1 Russell_SCEA @ 05/18/06 01:38 AM
Man if they would have only fixed the post defense and got rid of the dunk fest I would have been satisfied. I can't wait for this game sorry NBA LIVE maybe in 08.

# 2 Behindshadows @ 05/18/06 01:38 AM
Can't Wait.....I wish they would drop that demo on marketplace...it would give us all a hands on....

Good read...and thanks for being honest...Not getting all the arenas...will not effect anything..at least their trying...

250 signature jumpshots....yeah baby, yeah!!!

2k7 bring it on...

# 3 koolbubbaice @ 05/18/06 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows2
Can't Wait.....I wish they would drop that demo on marketplace...it would give us all a hands on....

Good read...and thanks for being honest...Not getting all the arenas...will not effect anything..at least their trying...

250 signature jumpshots....yeah baby, yeah!!!

2k7 bring it on...
port or not 250 sig moves is sick, along with deflating the dunk fest online..Maybe these idiots will have to actually play basketball now instead of NBA Jam..Ofcourse they still have Live to get their dunk fix..

# 4 HMcCoy @ 05/18/06 01:49 AM
No more dunk-fests, drive cheese eliminated, sig J's for every player, and checking in at the scorers table...just about everything I wanted. Individual tendacy sliders and a deeper CAP would be nice too.

# 5 sroz39 @ 05/18/06 02:31 AM
Wow. Even though I'm a HUGE authentic arena stickler, I can easily overlook the fact there won't be total authenticity with every arena, because CLEARLY, it's not for lack of effort. These guys are good. Wow, wow, wow.

Seems like everything people asked for, we got. Multiplayer franchise? Check. Improve weak 2k6 passing? Double check (totally new system). Tweak unrealistic post game? Check. Fix the onlie and offline cheese capabilities? F*ck yeah! Check.

And on top of that, they're giving us 250(!) signature jump shots. I'll trade in real arenas for that kind of authenticity any day.

# 6 RubenDouglas @ 05/18/06 02:45 AM
PROGRESSIVE FATIGUE... NICE!!

this game is sounding mighty fine thus far

"One minor disappointment is that Jones couldn’t verify that all 30 arenas will be correct and authentic in this year’s game. Jones explained that when transferring from current gen to next gen consoles that the arenas had to be redone and that creating authentic arenas isn’t as easy as it seems. For last year's release, the team decided to focus on other features and assigned each team a generic arena. Jones also stated that while they will try to get as close as they can he can’t guarantee that every team’s arena will get the full authentic look. "

at this point, who the hell cares with all these seemingly nice gameplay additions. I was being quite petty early on.. focus on what you're doing now, which is entirely AI and gameplay. your right sroz39. Knowing and hearing what their focus is and was gives me a breath of fresh air. I love it!.

# 7 DueceDiggla @ 05/18/06 03:03 AM
Thanks for the impressions Aaron.

# 8 KENYON06 @ 05/18/06 04:47 AM
Multiplayer Franchise.

Beefed up post game.

Better Create a Player and the ability to edit all ratings and ages on every player and I'm set. The NBA2K team are top notch.

# 9 poster @ 05/18/06 05:03 AM
Sounds sweet. Thanks Aaron.

# 10 jmood88 @ 05/18/06 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
Wow. Even though I'm a HUGE authentic arena stickler, I can easily overlook the fact there won't be total authenticity with every arena, because CLEARLY, it's not for lack of effort. These guys are good. Wow, wow, wow.

Seems like everything people asked for, we got. Multiplayer franchise? Check. Improve weak 2k6 passing? Double check (totally new system). Tweak unrealistic post game? Check. Fix the onlie and offline cheese capabilities? F*ck yeah! Check.

And on top of that, they're giving us 250(!) signature jump shots. I'll trade in real arenas for that kind of authenticity any day.
At least he actually addressed the fact that the arenas were generic. I really can't wait for this game.

# 11 TJdaSportsGuy @ 05/18/06 07:14 AM
I was a person who really enjoyed the offline aspect of this game last year. Improving upon the online portion makes it even better. I'm stoked! Thanks for the impressions, Aaron.

# 12 Mos1ted @ 05/18/06 08:10 AM
Man I don't know if I can even play NBA 2K6 anymore...(goes to go pop in NBA 2K6 anyhow

# 13 HotSauce2k3 @ 05/18/06 09:28 AM
What I'm wondering is if any of these features will make it to current gen systems or will they just be 2k6 with updated rosters.

# 14 BezO @ 05/18/06 11:50 AM
This is what I call progress.

Quote:
This year, you will be able to choose between an overhead, chest or bounce pass. Jones admitted that last year’s game overused the overhead pass and did not always choose the best possible pass. That will be fixed by the new passing feature and tweaked passing AI.
Nice! They need 2 more passes though. Underhand and hand-offs. Overhead passes to a player 2 ft. away always looks wierd.

Quote:
Each player will have a choice of several post moves. Jones described it as the “Shaq”, the “Duncan” and the “Carmelo.” The “Shaq” moves are a power post game. The “Duncan” is a group of finesse post moves. The “Carmelo” is a quickness based post game.
Nice! And I'm glad players will have acess to all moves. Now you can use quickness in the post against a bigger defender, and power against a smaller defender.

Quote:
In NBA 2K7, the bench players, coaches and mascots will each have individual AI. When playing the game you will notice individual bench players reacting to foul calls and the action on the court.
That's a big deal to me because it adds so much to the realism. Nothing kills realism more than everyone moving in unison.

Quote:
Progressive fatigue is another great addition. The days of being able to play your starters 40 minutes plus and it having no effect on your team are gone. This year, managing your players will not only affect their energy in one game but every game. As a coach, you will have to think before playing Lebron 45 minutes in the first game of a back to back.
Maybe what I'm happiest about.

Quote:
One minor disappointment is that Jones couldn’t verify that all 30 arenas will be correct and authentic in this year’s game.
As long as they look good, I could care less. I just hope fans react realistically.

# 15 Rback21 @ 05/18/06 12:11 PM
Thanks for the scoop Aaron but I thought you weren't able to talk about this until tomorrow (NDA)? When will OS get a Rob Jones interview?

# 16 sportdan30 @ 05/18/06 02:58 PM
Thanks Aaron. Dare I say I'm more excited about this game than CH 2K7 and Madden? You bet!

# 17 Basketballer238 @ 05/18/06 03:05 PM
im so excited im gonna piss in my pants

# 18 aholbert32 @ 05/18/06 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rback21
Thanks for the scoop Aaron but I thought you weren't able to talk about this until tomorrow (NDA)? When will OS get a Rob Jones interview?
Nope the NDA ended at 12am Thursday.

# 19 kennyacid @ 05/18/06 04:52 PM
Thats the main reason I like VC, because they acually take peoples concerns and improvments into concideration. Is the sig shots just for next gen, or will current gen get a lil taste also?

# 20 aholbert32 @ 05/18/06 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyacid
Thats the main reason I like VC, because they acually take peoples concerns and improvments into concideration. Is the sig shots just for next gen, or will current gen get a lil taste also?
Just Next Gen.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.