Home
News Post

We have just posted our NBA 2K7 review. Find out what Aaron Holbert had to say about it.
"NBA 2K7 is here and I don’t think I’ve seen the sports gaming community anticipate a game this much since NFL 2K5. This has to do with a number of things. First, last year’s version was one the best reviewed and rated titles of 2005. Second, for the first time ever, 2K Sports decided to go all out with their promotion. The number of videos and screenshots for NBA 2K7 was staggering. Finally, all of the videos looked incredible and that along with the promised additions made me extremely excited to get this game. So much so that I drove three hours just to get the game a few days early. Yes, I know I have a problem."

Member Comments
# 1 ExtremeGamer @ 09/25/06 02:51 PM
Great review Aaron!

# 2 mighty1 @ 09/25/06 03:19 PM
now if they just made a football game lol, Go generic !

# 3 Drocks @ 09/25/06 03:27 PM
Sounds good, I'm convinced lol.

# 4 techwiz25 @ 09/25/06 03:45 PM
The game is great, but it's not a 10/10. A 10/10 means that there is no flaws at all, there is no room for improvement. Excuse me!!! I really like the game but please, don't kiss up.

# 5 aholbert32 @ 09/25/06 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by techwiz25
The game is great, but it's not a 10/10. A 10/10 means that there is no flaws at all, there is no room for improvement. Excuse me!!! I really like the game but please, don't kiss up.
LOL...someone didnt read my review. Read the last two paragraph to undrestand what a 10 ot of 10 means.

# 6 Macar91 @ 09/25/06 04:08 PM
Great review, Aaron. Tomorrow can't come soon enough.

# 7 elicoleman @ 09/25/06 04:28 PM
That was an excellent review. I'm extremely excited to get the game tomorrow.

# 8 garnettrules21 @ 09/25/06 04:47 PM
Very good review. I really enjoyed it. Too bad I can't enjoy the game lol.

# 9 Rebel_INS @ 09/25/06 04:52 PM
Good review man...

Hit me up with your gamertag so I can get my revenge!!!

# 10 KofiJamal @ 09/25/06 05:44 PM
Thank you. This forum as made the wait, too long for me, much easier. I can't wait until tomorrow and so look forward to play. I'd would have like to hear more about the create-a-player option, but great job!

# 11 DaveDQ @ 09/25/06 06:28 PM
Thanks for the review. It adds to the excitement of getting this game.

I'm telling you, if EA gets the rights to the NBA, I may just have a nervous breakdown.

# 12 iLLosophy @ 09/25/06 06:35 PM
Quote:
With that said, if you don’t play solid defense and make strategic adjustments, some online games can turn into dunk contests. However, if you play against someone who plays “sim” basketball, you should have realistic and fun games.

Hey I don't know about you, but to me this WAS online games for NBA 2k6... The dunkers could be stopped if you made the right adjustments and played solid defense. Are you saying it's no different?

# 13 bigmoe @ 09/25/06 06:48 PM
"The day of cutscenes is officially over. In past basketball video games, coach, bench and some crowd reactions were always shown in canned repetitive cutscenes. NBA 2K7 features no cutscenes meaning that every action is shown within the flow of the game. "

I cant wait for all the games to be like this! 2k knows what they are doing!Cant wait to buy since Im a new 360 owner and all I have is Madden. Its this and Nhl07 next. Great review.

# 14 mgoblue @ 09/25/06 07:29 PM
great review, Aaron. I liked how you listed everything out, including minute flaws I'd never notice. Shows an attention to detail and a deep knowledge of the game.

# 15 TheKingOfVa @ 09/25/06 07:50 PM
Great review, I can't wait to buy it tomorrow. Great job 2k staff.

# 16 Vast @ 09/25/06 08:46 PM
Great review Aaron. Can't wait to get it. I also like your little note to the developers at the end, nice touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
Hey I don't know about you, but to me this WAS online games for NBA 2k6... The dunkers could be stopped if you made the right adjustments and played solid defense. Are you saying it's no different?
No they could not be stopped last year. It was pretty much impossible. You could just keep dribbling till you got to the hoop then dunk. Not this year tho woohoo

# 17 Young Bam @ 09/25/06 10:23 PM
this is one of the best reviews i have ever read. I appreciate how your honest about everything you say about your experiance with 2k7. I like how you dont base your review off of other websites like how gamespot does. its noway nba 2k7 deserves an 8.3 or 8.2 if the game is improved drastically. but great review and thanks alot.

# 18 goldisheavy @ 09/25/06 11:18 PM
My biggest regret. overstock.com had a coupon and i could have purchased a 360 for $340 USD last week.

But thank you for the review, and thanks to the 2k7 development team for listening and improving their product.

i can vicariously live my dreams of playing basketball through a videogame.

# 19 KBomber @ 09/26/06 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
LOL...someone didnt read my review. Read the last two paragraph to undrestand what a 10 ot of 10 means.
I think this is the spot where it is customary for me to insert my comment that OS finally consider a numeric system that is relevant

I'm obviously a big fan of 2K Sports. That being said, no game is a 10 out of 10. Now 95 out of 100 or 97 out of 100 make sense, if you believe a game is near perfection but has some issues, but no game is perfect

Don't worry, I am happy to keep letting you guys know it until you are finally willing to changing it to something that makes actual sense and is representative of the written review

In this case I think I'd suggest somewhere in the 93-96 out of 100 range

Have fun............

# 20 nucahx @ 09/26/06 07:20 AM
I think that it is pointless to have a 10/10 system and never be able to give a game a 10. Any case where you would consider giving a game a perfect score you always need to ask the question: "Is this the definitive game in the genre?" If the answer is yes then you can give the game a score of 10/10 while pointing out any flaws that the game may still have. 10/10 doesn't mean perfect, it only means best of the best. That's why you have a number, and a text review.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.