Home
News Post

We have just posted our Blitz: The League review. Find out what Clay Shaver had to say about it.
"Over the last 15-20 years in the film-making industry, there’s been a emergence of cartoons from the past being made into live-action movies. From “The Flintstones” to “Scooby Doo” to holiday classics like “How the Grinch Stole Christmas”, more and more of the animated entertainment from my youth seems to be making itself onto the screen with real actors and images. While there is no arguing that many of these have been a success, there’s something about it that has always rubbed me the wrong way. The freedom that comes with the over-the-top actions and environments that are afforded to you in animation just seem to lose a ton of their appeal when I’m looking at real people.

The Blitz series from Midway has always been one of the cartoons of sports gaming. It was over-the-top and irreverent in nature and that was OK. It wasn’t trying to compete head-to-head with the Maddens of the world despite the fact that they were both football games at the core. Kind of like the way “SpongeBob Squarepants” isn’t trying to steal any Emmys from “Sex and the City”, despite the fact that they're both half-hour comedies."

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.