Home
News Post

Hello fellow OS'ers. We are looking to redesign our main site. During this phase, we are asking you, the reader, what you would like to see implemented and/or removed from the main site. If there is something you would like to see, please list them here. If there are things you'd rather not see anymore, list them as well. Times are changing and we are too.

Thanks for the help and continued support, from all of us at Operation Sports.

Member Comments
# 1 luv_mist @ 01/14/07 01:16 PM
You know what I'd like to see? Maybe personal blogs for each moderator and head honcho on the site with a red or green. I'd also like to see a few things from developers that might visit the site. Things of that nature of course. Definitely would like to see a recommendation of the week whether they're sports games or otherwise. Maybe a what's hot for single player and multiplayer on the site.

If I have any other thoughts, I'll drop them GO OS!!

# 2 bergie56 @ 01/14/07 01:36 PM
I would like to see a couple more reviews of non-sports games. I know that goes against the general nature of the site, but the GR:AW review last year was really nice.

# 3 ab713 @ 01/14/07 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv_mist
I'd also like to see a few things from developers that might visit the site.
I think a developer section would be great. Maybe have individual bios or blog spaces for developers so that we can better get to know them. Pages could have a short bio, and any other personal messages they would want to include. Also, the developers could post their responses to questions there, and give game updates and other news.

I think its nice that developers have purple names, but I think it would be cool if they had individual pages dedicated to them so we can get a better feel of who the people behind these games really are. Maybe this will help to provide a better sense of interaction between the developers and the OS community.

# 4 WTF @ 01/14/07 04:20 PM
I think you should dedicate a page to WTF... so people can get to know the real Will.... a place where we can all come and talk about his greatness, and all that he brings to OS... :y4:

Nah, I think that if the devs are up to it... maybe make a Q&A section for upcoming releases, etc. I don't know if they'd be up for it, but a place where guys could look at the upcoming previews, just like always, but also leave questions for those devs who do stop by.

Other than that, I think a redesign is a great idea. It's been a while since the last main page redesign hasn't it?

# 5 Herbsinator @ 01/14/07 04:23 PM
I would like to see a more attractive color scheme. The gray just seems a little.....bland.

# 6 WTF @ 01/14/07 04:28 PM
I think I'd be inclined to agree Herbs... I thought I had posted that, but apparently, just thought it to myself. Something a little more vibrant.

# 7 luv_mist @ 01/14/07 04:29 PM
With the developers, maybe not allowing their real names to be tied with their site names so there isn't any harassment or problems with their jobs. Maybe even allowing some of the developers for the various games to leave us codes to break in order to put things in game or something like that. See how the 2K games has all those codes that seriously need to be unlocked? Why not have them drop little hints and things for us to unlock the different things in the game here as well as the NBA sites and various places.

# 8 WTF @ 01/14/07 04:31 PM
Herbs... possibly you're forgetting, as I had, that you can change the color scheme for the site. I'm on ESPN Beta 1.3 now... and it's slick looking. Like it very much.

Maybe go for a Viva Pinata style Steve, lol.

# 9 NYJets @ 01/14/07 04:41 PM
Bring back blogs and that column clay and shawn did

# 10 Herbsinator @ 01/14/07 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Herbs... possibly you're forgetting, as I had, that you can change the color scheme for the site. I'm on ESPN Beta 1.3 now... and it's slick looking. Like it very much.

Maybe go for a Viva Pinata style Steve, lol.
Thats true. I had forgot....I changed from OS pro to Koniro and this is kind of a nice little change of pace.

Also, I would like to see the main page a little less cluttered. I think the "new at operation sports" box is all you really need. Because it seems like posting all the links there and then putting all of them below is a little redundant .

Perhaps you could split up the reviews a little differently so you can access the review or preview you want more efficiently, ala IGN.

# 11 rqs_007 @ 01/14/07 07:36 PM
I'd like to see more emphasis on details in the reviews. There are rarely any details given on dynasties in the sports games. You all rarely mention if all-time records are available or another example is telling what some of the roles in Madden '07 are and how to achieve them.

There's more to some games than gameplay itself. I'd like more information on some of the little things that make a good game great.

Thanks.

# 12 blackceasar @ 01/14/07 09:34 PM
I have 9 years in the Interactive industry and I'm employed full time as a Senior Designer for one of the top 25 Interactive firms in the country. I was curious if OS was going to turn into a full blown sports gaming site and the forums become a "part" of the site. It would be nice to see it end up like an IGN or a 1up.com but be about sports games (sure we could have a little section about the other games that us sports nuts play though). I have a few questions though from a pure professional standpoint:

- Are you guys going to "re-brand" yourselves? You know, new identity (new logo, OS color scheme, etc)
- Are you going to redesign the site in a way that you can get rid of the leaderboard banner at the top? (that 728x90 pixel area) and maybe have two 300x250 spots on the right hand side. I understand you want to keep media placement spots so certiain companys can include your site in thier media plans (more revenue for OS).
- Are you guys going to maybe use some flash elements? Maybe have a hero area (its an advertising term) up in the main area on the homepage (a trend you see with IGN, Gamespot, 1up ect (Im talking about the area where the main articles are featured but they use flash to flip through each one or let the user do it).

if you guys are rearchitecting the site id love to see a site map with a breakdown of what sections you guys are going to have (i dont work for you guys though so you probably wouldnt feel safe witih me looking at it).

Dam part of me is itching to hop off my PC and get on my Mac, crack open photoshop and design comps.

# 13 Basketballer238 @ 01/14/07 09:43 PM
make if more this generation like the ign homepage with revolving screenshots with links to the article instead of the stupid one click links on this homepage

# 14 xylocaine @ 01/14/07 10:07 PM
Video reviews that go into more depth than the written ones would be nice.

Video reviews are here to stay so OS should be heading in that direction.

Also I'd like to see on release days of the big sport games not just a mod posting answers to questions but I'd like to see a 12-24 hour video feed of true sports gamers like us playing the game and taking questions off live posts.

Gamespot did something like this when madden came out this year, but you could tell they were not die hard sports fans. Still cool none the less.

# 15 Cardot @ 01/14/07 11:12 PM
I am old, cranky and not all that smart. I don't like change. It confuses and baffles me and I have to spend time and energy learning the new scheme (I am also lazy). I don't want to see any changes.

# 16 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/15/07 06:12 AM
Would be nice to have a link section where you can see the most popular (by vote?) game sliders via a nice HTML graph. And a section where you can DL rosters people do.

Something on the front page, so you dont go through the forum for it.

# 17 Behindshadows @ 01/15/07 06:34 AM
Free Custom avatar options, and banner signatures

# 18 ExtremeGamer @ 01/15/07 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows2
Free Custom avatar options, and banner signatures
Um, that's not on the main site. And it's not going to happen.

# 19 CWood2 @ 01/15/07 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Would be nice to have a link section where you can see the most popular (by vote?) game sliders via a nice HTML graph. And a section where you can DL rosters people do.

Something on the front page, so you dont go through the forum for it.
I like that idea. I remember when I first came to OS, i went right into the roster section to download college rosters, then saw all the forums had to offer and began posting. I'd like to see more graphics - perhaps box art covers serving as links - so that sliders, how-to game tips, and rosters are easy to get. Sometimes, they could get lost in a post if the thread creator doesn't update their original post...

On a similar thought, perhaps FAQs to popular games and consoles? It could be as simple as how to alter settings on your PS3, or maybe even game guide material like "how can I block a punt in Madden?".

# 20 spit_bubble @ 01/15/07 12:44 PM
I would like to see one thing:

Allow people to customize what smilies appear to the right of the message box for easy access when posting a message.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.