Home
News Post

We have just posted our Draft Day Sports: Pro Basketball review. Find out what Clay Shaver had to say about it.
"Gary Gorski and I have at least three things in common. We both have a fondness for the maize and blue, a keen interest in the finer points of the game of basketball, and we spend a ton of hours tied up in text-based simulations. However, while Gary’s time and effort parked in front of the monitor is producing a quality new gaming experience, my lost weekends seem to simply produce eye rolls from my wife.

If you’re not familiar with his work, Gary Gorski is the name to know when it comes to text-based hardwood action. About five years ago, we were introduced to Total Pro Basketball 2003, which was originally released by .400 Software Studios. After that, Gary and his code moved on to help form Grey Dog Software, where he would release Total Pro Basketball 2005 and, later, a college version, Total College Basketball, that he would take with him when he formed his new company, Wolverine Studios. Gary is kind of the Robert Horry of text-based sports simulations. He’s played for a few different teams, but they win everywhere he goes."

Member Comments
# 1 Herbsinator @ 03/07/07 07:13 PM
This seems like something I would really be into...too bad there isn't a Mac version.

# 2 OneBadMutha @ 03/09/07 11:59 PM
Why don't these studios get hired by VC or 2K to take care of the franchise modes of their games? I love the franchise modes in all sports games...until I figure out that they are mostly broken with bad A.I. I'll definately give this one a try.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.