News Post

Finally got my wife's car back last night, after they found out it was the water pump that was making the whining noise. What a nightmare of an issue that was.

So, my 5 year old daughter asked what happened to her great grandfather, my grandfather, that passed away quite a while back. I told her that he passed away a long time ago, "What's that?" she asked... He died Nat, a long time ago. "Does everyone die daddy?" Yes, everyone dies Nat, she started to cry and didn't want me or anyone else to die, I felt so horrible. I didn't know what to say, other than, "Don't worry Nat, we will always be together, no matter what". Man, my heart sunk like a ship, I had no idea how to explain death to her. Anyways...enough rambling about that.

Didn't get a chance to d'load the Tony Hawk demo last night, interested to see how it compares to Skate. Anyone try it out?

What's up with you?
  • QOTD: Do you download and play demos to decide on whether or not you want to purchase, or just wet the appetite until the retail ships?

Happy Birthday to the following OS'er!

Eric_McLellan (24)

Member Comments
# 1 ExtremeGamer @ 09/13/07 07:25 AM
QOTD - demos really help purchases. I've passed on many games after playing a demo, and bought games that I had no interest in after playing the demo.

I set up the Tony Hawk, FIFA, and Spiderman Friend or Foe demos all to download on my 360 before leaving for work this morning. I'll check them all out tonight.
# 2 boomhauertjs @ 09/13/07 07:28 AM
QOTD: I find the demos helpful in deciding whether or not to buy a game. Of course, there are some games that I'd buy regardless of whether I played the demo.
# 3 MachoMyers @ 09/13/07 07:30 AM
QOTD: I use to think demos were a joke until I played the multiplayer demo of Rainbow Six Vegas last year. Totally sold me on the game and now I try and play all demos of games I'm not sure on.
# 4 Pete1210 @ 09/13/07 07:54 AM
QOTD - I make some purchase decsions based on the demos. They have saved me money, especially early on when I was tempted to buy some games because there was nothing else. The Outfit and Full Auto come to mind. Not that they were awful, but just not worth $60 (I ended up picking up Outfit later on for $10 and had some fun with it). I'm glad all the arcade games have the free trials too. Quite a few arcade game I was fairly sure of ended up being rejects after the trial.
# 5 Behindshadows @ 09/13/07 08:03 AM
QOTD - Demo's can sometimes, let me find out if I want a game. And some are just there to play, until the full version of a game comes out. That I was already going to buy regardless.

Either way, they are good to have!!!
# 6 Holic @ 09/13/07 08:30 AM
QOTD - 90% of the time I play demo's to help me decide whether or not to purchase a game. Ofcourse theres the other 10% of the time when I play the demo to hold me over. Examples of this would be Madden, NCAA, SDvsRAW, and COD4.
# 7 GreatScot @ 09/13/07 09:51 AM
For the most part, I play the demo to try before I buy. Sometimes I'll rent after trying the demo to see if the full game is as good as the demo. Only a couple games do I buy without either a demo or rent.
# 8 JohnnytheSkin @ 09/13/07 10:04 AM
That's pretty deep...my son is almost four and "thankfully" no one close has passed away. My parents are in their late 50's and my wife's mother is a bit younger, so hopefully it's not something I'll have to address when he's young.

QOTD: Demos on XBL are pretty much solely to wet my appetite. On the PSN though it's definately influential in my purchasing decisions.
# 9 Shaver @ 09/13/07 02:55 PM
Death is a tough, but important concept to deal with for kids. My Mom lived with us and actually died in our house when my girls were 1 and 3. Now at 5 and 7, they've been exposed to quite a few people passing away and seem to have a pretty good grasp on it.

Funny story, sorta related, the other day my girls were talking about the dog's birthday (our Golden turned 3 today) and we got on the topic of "Dog Years". I explained that a human year is like 7 years for a dog, that's why most dogs only live 8-12 years unless they get sick. So the five year old says, "So is Vegas going to pass away soon?"

I said, "No Honey, if Vegas stays healthy she'll live until you guys are much older. Maybe High School or College age."

A couple beats pass.

7 year old says, "So about 8 years till I can get that new puppy???"

# 10 Shaver @ 09/13/07 02:55 PM
PS - I liked the Hawk demo. It's Tony Hawk. 'Nuff said.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.