Home
News Post

Do you have any questions for the Producers of MLB Power Pros? If so, post them here.

Member Comments
# 1 DXZeke @ 09/17/07 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Do you have any questions for the Producers of MLB Power Pros? If so, post them here.
What makes their game stick out from the rest of the bunch?

What are the features that they are most proud to tout?

# 2 devlin13 @ 09/17/07 10:33 PM
what system is it for...

# 3 TheMatrix31 @ 09/17/07 11:16 PM
There's some confusion on whether the "season mode" means one season, or is it like what we know as a franchise.

I'd love to know more about that.

Is there a fantasy draft?

Did they take into account the player's career and injuries when distributing attributes, or just last year's stats? I read in the thread that that's what they did with the Japanese MLB version...

# 4 spit_bubble @ 09/17/07 11:30 PM
Can you edit players? If so, to what extent?

# 5 XiaNaphryz @ 09/18/07 12:00 AM
There's a bunch more questions posted over in the Baseball (Other) forum.

While you're over there, if you're looking for general info on the game such as what system it's on, etc, please check out my Power Pros thread for all the info I managed to gather on the game.

# 6 blackpuppy @ 09/18/07 07:24 AM
MLB Power Pros!
I'm so stoked! I've played the import version of this game for years. I can't emphasize enough on how great this game is. The series itself has been running in Japan for about 13 years and has been considered the best baseball game in Japan for years now. What the John Madden series is to football here, this is to baseball there. I know that alot of people will see the cutsie characters and dismiss it as being for kids, they couldn't be more wrong. This game has always been well ahead of it's time and that trend continues to be the case when compared to American baseball games. Even though it's arcade baseball and has cutsie characters, realistic baseball physics and game play are very much in place. There's tons of stats, options, franchise play, and career mode(rpg like) play options that would satisfy even the biggest sim fan. Here's a little run down on some of the sports games I play and enjoy so that you can better gauge where my perspective is coming from..

I'm a huge baseball fan I cut my teeth on the following...
Hard Ball on the PC.
Several iterations of World Series baseball on the Sega Saturn.
High Heat baseball on the PC.
Baseball mogul.

Current favorites.
MLB 07 the show ps2 and psp(currently my favorite baseball game along with OOTP)
OOTP 2007(out of the park baseball)

non-baseball
Winning Eleven 2007(Pro Evolution Soccer)
World Soccer manager(basically OOTP for soccer)

Here are a few links with pics and blurbs on this game.
PICS

synopsis

# 7 blackpuppy @ 09/18/07 07:49 AM
Ooops, forgot to actually ask a question lol

Ok, my question is are there any future plans for an Xbox 360 and or Nintendo DS release? It would be cool if you could download fantasy stadiums via Xbox marketplace or on Wii, are there any future plans as such? For that matter why not allow people the option somehow of playing in the Japanese stadiums?

# 8 XiaNaphryz @ 09/18/07 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpuppy

Here are a few links with pics and blurbs on this game.
PICS

synopsis
Another fan! Welcome!

I've already linked to a lot of info in my post above, feel free to contribute to that thread in case I made any errors!

# 9 coinspinner @ 09/18/07 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
There's some confusion on whether the "season mode" means one season, or is it like what we know as a franchise.
This is the main one for me as well.

I would also like to know how they handled/what their thoughts were when localizing the Success Mode. Just a straight up translation or were there any particularly Japanese cultural things they needed to play around with for the US release?

# 10 EXboxur @ 09/18/07 03:00 PM
Can we make custom teams and use them online?

Differences between Wii and PS2 versions, besides controller?

Is it possible to include the Japanese league? This would be great for adding more players to teams. Plus, it'd just be sweet to try them out, especially with their unique stadiums and all.

# 11 jangotangos @ 09/19/07 12:43 PM
How current are the rosters in the shipped game?

Any chance this will hit 360 and/or DS?

# 12 spit_bubble @ 09/20/07 06:00 PM
A couple more questions:

Can you customize the number of games in a season?

Is there a playoff mode?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.