Home
News Post

IGN has the scoop about Fight Night Round 4 being in the works.
EA plans on returning to the ring with this fourth entry in the boxing franchise, now with a new developer in the corner to once again put Fight Night in championship contention.

Game: Fight Night Round 4Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Fight Night Round 4 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 King2812 @ 03/27/08 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
The first thing I thought when I played FN3 was wow they slowed it down, which I thought meant better fatigue implementation, more fights reaching decision, and betters strategy due to the fight styles. Honestly after a few weeks it felt the same, every fight would end early and unless you played another human, the A.I. was to predictable.

1. I wish the developers would make the Parry similar to KK2001, very subtle and not abusable.

2. The punches to have effects depending on position and timing similar to Victorious boxers 1.

3. The speed of the punches and movements similar to FN1.

4. Then a real career starting maybe in the golden gloves, then olympics, and then professional.

5. More diverse boxing gyms and stadiums to box in.

6. Trainers with real tips and strategies

7. Some kind of fatigue system that takes into account how often you fight and the beating you took and didn't take.

**I am not asking for a lot or am I**

Peace
I agree and since online play is popular how about a world wide release of the game so that we can upload a created boxer with limited points for attributes to online play and compete with people from other countries and states for belt(s) using a point system based on the performance of the last last fight. I would much rather prefer an in-depth online play.

I'm not really a big fan of the old school boxers on modern day games because of the lack of knowlegde of this generation about past fighters.

# 22 NYG_Meth @ 04/12/08 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havag81
Shweet myspace boxing page! I agree - fatigue factor and anything else that makes the game come alive is key. Wii Sports did some cool things with boxing but the graphics were pretty light. Gyroxus took boxing to the next level. Playing FN3 in the Gyroxus is real fatigue factor - not just simulated. With Gyroxus you play the game with your whole body. Check out my friend Brett playing FN3 in the Gyroxus
http://gyroxus.com/gyroxus/viewvideo.aspx?vid=461
You're going to great lengths to continue to make your spam quasi-relevant. I guess that's almost admirable.

# 23 GAMEC0CK2002 @ 04/12/08 08:31 PM
Can we either get rid of completely or get more realistic blood flying from the mouth after a knockout punch? The matrix style replay of the bone crunching blow looks so realistic........up until the PS2/old Xbox blood comes out.

# 24 JayBee74 @ 04/13/08 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
You're going to great lengths to continue to make your spam quasi-relevant. I guess that's almost admirable.
LOL, does this guy own stock in the company (Gyroxus)?

# 25 Money99 @ 04/14/08 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon22
Why would I want to get fatigue playing a video game? Maybe I'm just speaking for myself but I like to feel comfortable playing video games.
Hahaha. I agree.

# 26 Complex @ 04/14/08 09:14 AM
With EA canada taking over, I expect much more from this game now.

# 27 havag81 @ 04/14/08 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon22
Why would I want to get fatigue playing a video game? Maybe I'm just speaking for myself but I like to feel comfortable playing video games.
I guess it's a matter of preference. I predict games will add a physical factor in the future. It will be interesting see what happens with FN4 and beyond. I do like to unwind and relax while playing but sometimes I am up for a good challenge. With Gyroxus that's what I get. I cant explain it. You just have to try it to know. Kinda like surfing a good tube ride. If and when that ever happens I am sure we will be able to turn it off or turn it up . . . a few notches. comfy level | hardcore level etc

# 28 havag81 @ 04/14/08 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
Yeah I guess I'm a fan. You would be too. Really Cool

# 29 eye guy @ 04/15/08 02:51 AM
I think FN round 4 will be a great game, if......

They build the whole game from the ground up. Because R3 sucked ****en ***........

# 30 fistofrage @ 04/17/08 10:40 AM
If FN round 4 has any type of career mode with ranking system, it will surpass Prize Fighter. I can't believe EA left the door this wide open and prize fighter dropped the ball.

When is FN round 4 scheduled to be released.

# 31 cjallure24 @ 04/17/08 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
If FN round 4 has any type of career mode with ranking system, it will surpass Prize Fighter. I can't believe EA left the door this wide open and prize fighter dropped the ball.

When is FN round 4 scheduled to be released.
How can you say Prizefighter has dropped the ball when it hasn't even been released yet......If prizefighter gameplay is solid to match its presentation then it will be a hit.EA has had four years to get the FN series right and they consistently dissappoint a lot of fans......FNR3 is a glorified image of the sport of boxing.All EA does is throw good graphics with Knockouts and call it a day.That's there M.O.....they do it with every sports title.

# 32 fistofrage @ 04/17/08 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjallure24
How can you say Prizefighter has dropped the ball when it hasn't even been released yet......If prizefighter gameplay is solid to match its presentation then it will be a hit.EA has had four years to get the FN series right and they consistently dissappoint a lot of fans......FNR3 is a glorified image of the sport of boxing.All EA does is throw good graphics with Knockouts and call it a day.That's there M.O.....they do it with every sports title.
Prizefighters career mode is linear and what is worse, you lose once and it says GAME OVER. So in essence there is no career mode. I know FN is terrible, but from the sounds of it, Prize fighters career mode will be worse.

# 33 cjallure24 @ 04/17/08 01:01 PM
Quote:
but from the sounds of it, Prize fighters career mode will be worses
Key phrase in that paragraph.You haven't even given the game a shot yet.Once you play the game you can give it a far judgement.....that's all I'm saying.

# 34 SHAKYR @ 04/17/08 05:39 PM
Quote:
Prizefighters career mode is linear and what is worse, you lose once and it says GAME OVER. So in essence there is no career mode. I know FN is terrible, but from the sounds of it, Prize fighters career mode will be worse.
You never played the game! I'm from the 2k boards. You can't judge a game that's not even out.

# 35 Vast @ 04/17/08 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKYR
You never played the game! I'm from the 2k boards. You can't judge a game that's not even out.
Yes he can. If he's (as well as i and thousands of actual boxing fans) are looking forward to controlling and living a boxers life virtually through a career. Prizefighters career mode is the LAST thing we want. It reminds me of the Sega CD days where there are practically no options.
The career mode they're going to give us leaves us with 2 options and thats it. either train hard and have no crowd backing you or go at the media hard and have lacking stats. Thats ridiculously wack considering losing isn't allowed and rematches along with everything else is scripted. Common sense man sheesh. If this scripted story mode also had a seperate actual ranking career mode that we could control then fine. But Im sure it doesn't.

Why would i buy a game just to play exhibition?

# 36 Vast @ 04/17/08 06:25 PM
Thanks to prizefighter. Im REALLY looking forward to Fight night 4

# 37 SHAKYR @ 04/17/08 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
Yes he can. If he's (as well as i and thousands of actual boxing fans) are looking forward to controlling and living a boxers life virtually through a career. Prizefighters career mode is the LAST thing we want. It reminds me of the Sega CD days where there are practically no options.
The career mode they're going to give us leaves us with 2 options and thats it. either train hard and have no crowd backing you or go at the media hard and have lacking stats. Thats ridiculously wack considering losing isn't allowed and rematches along with everything else is scripted. Common sense man sheesh. If this scripted story mode also had a seperate actual ranking career mode that we could control then fine. But Im sure it doesn't.

Why would i buy a game just to play exhibition?
You are going by reviews of people who are pro EA Fight Night. I think I am the biggest boxing fan here.( I actually boxed for over 13 years). You guys are virtual fans. Please save your judgement for live gameplay and more details. I'm not pro anybody myself. I just want a true boxing sim and EA hasn't attempted to do it yet.

# 38 Vast @ 04/17/08 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKYR
You are going by reviews of people who are pro EA Fight Night. I think I am the biggest boxing fan here.( I actually boxed for over 13 years). You guys are virtual fans. Please save your judgement for live gameplay and more details. I'm not pro anybody myself. I just want a true boxing sim and EA hasn't attempted to do it yet.
Dude im on the same boat as you although i only boxed for a year. I've been dying for a boxing sim since at least 92. In america EA has come the closest. give me fn round 3 take away the haymakers and parry's, add speed, tons of boxer attributes, remove the life bar and have knockouts based on skeletal impacts with real physics. and give us a robust career mode with multiple belts and vuala!! The boxing game everyones been dying for.

maybe prizefighters gameplay may be tight but a rental is all its gonna get from me. no career mode no purchase.

# 39 SHAKYR @ 04/17/08 07:27 PM
Fight Night Round 3 needed a deeper career mode,more weight classes etc(the things you mentioned);, but it sure was visually beautiful....wasn't it. I think the speed was ok. Just not every boxer throw punches with the same speed.

# 40 cjallure24 @ 04/18/08 07:26 AM
The one thing that FNR3 lacked more then anything was AI......EA Sports consistently drops the ball in that department in all there sports titles.....FNR3 AI was by far the worst I have ever seen.Every fight ends in a knockout,on the hardest level the AI doesn't throw punches at all,every fighter boxes a defensive match every single fight....If your going to give me a robust boxing game with all the bells and whistles,first thing's first,get the gameplay in the ring smooth and fluid and make the AI fight similar to there real life counterpart.....I shouldn't be knocking guys like Duran and Leonard out by the fourth round.....

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.