Home
News Post

IGN has posted their first look at NFL Head Coach 09, including quite a few screenshots here.

Quote:
"The first edition of NFL Head Coach was an exercise in frustration. A great premise and sometimes-exciting gameplay was marred by a UI seemingly hell-bent on getting you to turn the game off or throw your controller on the wall, with the depth needed for such a game to be exciting spoiled by gaping logic flaws and AI issues. As an exercise in the tedium of simulating meetings and getting little done, it was superb; for those people who were looking for an actual fun, exciting simulation of what it's like to be a coach at the highest level of football, well, they were left unsatisfied."

Game: NFL Head Coach 09Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 64 - View All
NFL Head Coach 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 turftickler @ 02/28/08 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyMac910
Look at the detail.

You can see a player showing and talking to another player about how he made a catch. That's incredibly realistic.
There about 4 years late and 4 billion dollars short. LOL
2K Sports did that in ESPN NFL 2k5. EA Sports has been a disappointment to me since 2001. For years I have been telling people to speak up, but people actually think this game will be good. LMAO. We will see when the day comes how many people will be greatly disappointed when drop another $60 on a joke.
If everyone gave me $60 for a joke I shared with them I would be a millionare.

I am not impressed one bit. Still, I say no EA!

# 22 bcruise @ 02/28/08 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sef0r
It appears that the quarter length is set to 5 minutes. Lets assume they allow you to change this. Will the other simmed games (i.e. I will only want to play my games) have roughly the same stats as my game that was played at 5 minutes?
If the quarters are locked to 5 minutes again, I will not be buying this game - it's that simple. It completely defeats the purpose of a head coaching game when you cannot coach a full game. I'm talking in terms of plays, not minutes; we all know why we've never been able to play full-length quarters in Madden.

There are other things that need fixing too of course, but that would be numero uno gamekiller for me.

# 23 WarEagleTom @ 02/29/08 10:55 AM
Any idea when this is coming out?

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.