Home
News Post

Gamer 2.0 has posted their impressions of Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds.

Quote:
"If there is one series in the entire sports genre that has not changed its core mechanics in all of its existence, it has to be the Hot Shots Golf series. That three-click swing meter is now an antique as the Tiger Woods series and the Wii have introduced new methods of swinging the club in the past several years, but that wouldn’t stop the Hot Shots Golf series from not evolving through four console and two handheld entries. With its first round on the PlayStation 3, Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds takes an epic leap for the series with a new swing mechanic that doesn’t completely change the game, but gives fans of the series something new to master. Does that mean Out of Bounds will be a fresh, innovative experience or will the developer play it safe with in their next-gen debut?"

Game: Hot Shots Golf: Out of BoundsReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 4 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 aukevin @ 02/28/08 11:20 AM
The more I read about this game and the more I play the demo, I might pick this up at release. I'm just not a big golf fan, so $60 is a high price tag. I do like the online impressions this article gives. I like that everyone golfs at the same time instead of back to back. That should make the online games go a little faster I think.

# 2 bcruise @ 02/28/08 12:35 PM
Potentially dumb question - I get that everyone hits their shots at the same time in real-time. But they'd have to take turns on the tee box, right - couldn't have 4 players' transparent animations all going through each other (and while trying to watch your own club to swing). I would think it would have each player hit their tee shots in turn.

# 3 aukevin @ 02/28/08 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Potentially dumb question - I get that everyone hits their shots at the same time in real-time. But they'd have to take turns on the tee box, right - couldn't have 4 players' transparent animations all going through each other (and while trying to watch your own club to swing). I would think it would have each player hit their tee shots in turn.
good question. Hopefully there won't be any ghost images of other players when you are teeing off.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.