Home
MLB 2K8 News Post

We have just posted screenshots from all of the major league stadiums, from our beta copy of Major League Baseball 2K8. Did they capture your favorite stadium correctly?

Game: Major League Baseball 2K8Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
Member Comments
# 61 bellz666 @ 03/01/08 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngoldfan
If they paid attention to detail like a lot of fans do, the game wouldn't ship until December. It would be like:

"Oops, Dice K's eyebrows are too dark. I gotta go in and change that."

"The stripes on the Yankees uniform are too close. Let me move them over a few millimeters."

"Aw man!! Who in the hell made his eye-black too thin!!!!!!"Oh well, gotta change it."

Think about it; If MLB 2k8 was ABSOLUTELY PERFECT, and MLB 2k9 was the same, people would say "I'm not spending $60 on a freakin' roster update."
Wow, excellent point.

# 62 TKEON230 @ 03/01/08 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNMLobo
Has anyone else noticed that the mountains are on the wrong side of Coors Field?

Wow, that is just CRAZY!

# 63 CarryTheWeight @ 03/01/08 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pf8363
Buffalo's Dunn Tire Park is aweful in this game. You couldn't screw it up any much worse than they did!

That's not Dunn Tire Park...or is it?

Looks absolutely nothing like it. I mean, the buildings in the background kinda look like Buffalo, but other than that, it retains none of the features of the real stadium. There isn't a big wall in right field, the Big Board in right center is nowhere to be found, you can't see the highway in the background...I'm thinking this stadium's generic.

# 64 HealyMonster @ 03/01/08 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryTheWeight
That's not Dunn Tire Park...or is it?

Looks absolutely nothing like it. I mean, the buildings in the background kinda look like Buffalo, but other than that, it retains none of the features of the real stadium. There isn't a big wall in right field, the Big Board in right center is nowhere to be found, you can't see the highway in the background...I'm thinking this stadium's generic.

i would put money that BUF plays in one of the "generic" fields and dunn tire park isnt actually in the game. If one of the "authentic" minor league parks listed in the game is Dunn tire park, someone at 2k needs to pick a different career choice cause they are a little off the rocker.

# 65 Spectre @ 03/01/08 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by milbrewcity
Ok that was pretty funny. Again, my frustration is that they have, in house, a 2K team that developed excellent stadiums in The Bigs. None of that could come over to this project?
KushGamer said that an entirely new team came on to redo the stadiums for 2K9. A lot of the blandness with the stadiums probably had to do with the inherited lack of talent than Brinkman got with the 2K series. KG even mentioned some frustrating conversations he had with the stadium artists.

# 66 rpm123 @ 03/01/08 02:19 PM
The stadium in picture #97 has Potomac at home, and I checked pictures of their stadium, and there is no resemblance...so it appears as though that is one of the generic minor league stadiums as well.

# 67 PVarck31 @ 03/01/08 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre
KushGamer said that an entirely new team came on to redo the stadiums for 2K9. A lot of the blandness with the stadiums probably had to do with the inherited lack of talent than Brinkman got with the 2K series. KG even mentioned some frustrating conversations he had with the stadium artists.
Exactly. Its very encouraging that they realized they needed to redo the stadiums.

# 68 HealyMonster @ 03/01/08 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
Exactly. Its very encouraging that they realized they needed to redo the stadiums.

i hope they do. i hope that they dont come out wih some new grass exture technology and dirt technology and say thats how they improved the stadiums,etc. i hope they are dedicated to walls, ad placement, stadium exteriors,etc.

# 69 Bahnzo @ 03/01/08 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNMLobo
Has anyone else noticed that the mountains are on the wrong side of Coors Field?
They're in the correct place. They don't look quite like that, they are too close, but the mountains are behind left field, just like in the pic.

# 70 EWRMETS @ 03/01/08 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre
This seems to be a popular response from Brinkman teams. Wait until next year for the completion of our master 3 year plan!

# 71 jpup @ 03/01/08 06:08 PM
GABP looks terrible. How could they not update it, at least, a little?

# 72 UNMLobo @ 03/01/08 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
They're in the correct place. They don't look quite like that, they are too close, but the mountains are behind left field, just like in the pic.
From what I remember the last time I was there, you couldn't see them from behind home base, but could from the first base seats. It almost looks like they moved the stadium to Boulder.

# 73 Spectre @ 03/01/08 08:48 PM
I like the screens behind home plate in some of the pics

# 74 Bahnzo @ 03/01/08 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKEON230
Wow, that is just CRAZY!

That's a bad pic of Coors on a hazy day. When it's clear the mountains are clearly visible. The problem with 2K's is the mountains are out of proportion, they are much too close.

# 75 StatMan79 @ 03/02/08 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
That's a bad pic of Coors on a hazy day. When it's clear the mountains are clearly visible. The problem with 2K's is the mountains are out of proportion, they are much too close.
This helps out a little better:

# 76 dodgerblue @ 03/02/08 06:32 PM
I probably sound like I'm nitpicking, but the blue in dodger stadium looks too turquoise or something. It was off last year too.

# 77 Tomba @ 03/02/08 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerblue
I probably sound like I'm nitpicking, but the blue in dodger stadium looks too turquoise or something. It was off last year too.
My friend if you have a hdtv I would suggest messing with the color temps etc. It's the ONLY way the game will look somewhat decent in my opinion. if i had to play it like it was out of the box I'd throw a brick at my tv.

WHY does 2k's artists think thats a good color pallete it's absolutely horrendous.

next year 2k's artistic department should go to an art museum and learn about color first.

# 78 rvaswan1103 @ 03/03/08 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerblue

Yes, it was 100 % off last year and this year as well. Refer to my earlier post about how incorrect Dodger Stadium is...... Besides, I know firsthand, I was just at the stadium on Saturday to buy Opening Day tickets and compared it firsthand to the pic (had it on my iPhone). The 2k version is disgusting !

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.