Home
News Post

Anyone ever have "Jumpers Knee?" It is really an annoying injury. Just when you think it's gone, it comes back. I guess I just need to rest it even longer than I thought. Sucks to get old.

Pretty uneventful weekend, as my daughter was sick...again. I think she is picking it up at school, because she is always dressed for the weather. Unfortunately, not all kids are.

I think a lot of people will be pleasantly surprised with Major League Baseball 2K8, I'm looking forward to picking up The Show tomorrow.

What's up with you?
  • QOTD: Taking some time off this week for MLB '08: The Show and Major League Baseball 2K8?
Happy Birthday to the following OS'ers!

chompem31, Glenn33 (38), verks (36), urlacher51 (34), Kaodik (31), krulmichael (19)

Member Comments
# 1 WDOgF0reL1fe @ 03/03/08 09:28 AM
Whats up? Nothin too much. Had no reports or big homework this weekend for the 1st time in a couple weeks. I went to the doctor and turns out i DIDNT break my collarbone for a 3rd time, I ended up with a contusion so that's kind of good news.

QOTD: In all honesty.... I just bought a PS3. For the SHOW. Yeah, im crazy. Now I have all 3 "next gen" (Current gen?) systems. Yay?

# 2 Scott @ 03/03/08 09:28 AM
QOTD: Unfortunately no, I have 2 tests this week, then I'm off to a condo for Spring Break.

# 3 Steve_OS @ 03/03/08 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDOgF0reL1fe
QOTD: In all honesty.... I just bought a PS3. For the SHOW. Yeah, im crazy. Now I have all 3 "next gen" (Current gen?) systems. Yay?
Don't feel bad, I bought a PS3 last year, because of one game. MLB '07: The Show.

# 4 nyisles16 @ 03/03/08 09:38 AM
Well.. still trying to beat my cold that I've had for a week.. My god I've never felt like this.. now down to a stuffy nose, but every time I sneeze it feels that my chest is going to explode.

QOTD - baseball is my game, so yes, MLB 2k8 and The Show will be getting love from me this year...

# 5 boomhauertjs @ 03/03/08 09:43 AM
Good weekend. Went to the Autoshow Saturday night since I'll probably be looking to buy a new car later this year. The hybrids are roomier than I thought, so I might go with one of those to save on gas $$. My father-in-law gets a GM discount, so I might also go with the new Malibu. The "Bumblebee" Camaro and the new Dodge Challenger were the cool new cars that I saw.
Played a lot of NBA 2k8 and COD4 this weekend. That will probably drop off after Tuesday, however...

QOTD: Wish I could take time off, but Tuesday night is going to work out pretty well. My usual basketball playing is cancelled because the gym is used for the election and the wife is having dinner with friends, so I should have most of the night to learn the new pitching system.

# 6 fishepa @ 03/03/08 09:44 AM
QOTD - No, that would be ridiculous.

# 7 Skyboxer @ 03/03/08 09:55 AM
QOTD: Oh yeah! Should be off all day Wednesday. There's just some confusion as to when The Show will be available. 2K8 shows 3/3 ship and The Show says 3/4 release. But at the store they tell me I can pick up The SHow Tuesday and 2K8 Wednesday.... EIther way, Yes I'll be making some baseball gaming free time

# 8 Beantown @ 03/03/08 09:55 AM
QOTD: It sucks, but I won't even have MLB2k8 for another two weeks when I go on Spring Break...so no.

# 9 TJdaSportsGuy @ 03/03/08 10:13 AM
What's up?

We had our big meet & greet with Bills LB Angelo Crowell yesterday. It was awesome. I found out that by winning the "Ultimate Fan" contest, I get to go to a game of my choice next year, be on the field for the Saturday walk-through, eat dinner with the team the night before the game, and watch the game that Sunday from the sidelines. Needless to say, I'm stoked. Now I just have to wait for the schedule to come out so I can pick which game I want to go to.

QOTD:

Thought about it. I played hookie last year when MLB2K7 came out for the Xbox 360. Now that I have a PS3, I may do the same for the Show. It'll be a "game time" decision, no pun intended.

# 10 Pete1210 @ 03/03/08 10:15 AM
QOTD: No. I'm not big on baseball video games.

# 11 Sandman42 @ 03/03/08 10:57 AM
QOTD: No, I won't be able to get MLB 2K8 until some time this weekend when I'm home for spring break. I can't wait to play it though!

# 12 Bruins @ 03/03/08 11:06 AM
QOTD: Nah, I can't afford to pick up 2k8 yet, so no time off work for me.

Very frustrated right now, though. I saw that there was an updated firmware for my tv (Olevia 32" 232V) available on their website, so I updated, and now my HDMI port (yes, I've only got one) doesn't work anymore! Finally got through to one of their technicians, and ask if he can send me an older firmware. So what does he send me? The same thing I had downloaded from their website that caused the problems to begin wtih! Now I may have to end up sending the damn thing in to get a new one...

# 13 funky_chicken @ 03/03/08 11:17 AM
QOTD - I would like to but that would mean calling off work. At my job if you call off the hours missed need to be made up on Saturday or Sunday which screws up the weekend. I will be good and go to work Monday thru Friday and enjoy some baseball videogame action on Saturday and Sunday. I also start a new class today and have 5 chapters from 3 different books to read for this week.

# 14 Brandon 2006 @ 03/03/08 11:43 AM
QOTD - No. I can wait for this year's baseball title.

I had a pretty boring weeked. Went to the dentist for fillings on Saturday and the dentist didn't freeze the top of my mouth and that hurt pretty bad. On Sunday I played outdoor hockey.

Today, the school busses aren't running so my weekend was extended.

# 15 modog123 @ 03/03/08 11:52 AM
QOTD -- I took Tuesday and Wednesday off, but Tuesday was my normal day off and a co-worker needed to switch his day off with my other one. Kismet. :P

I tear up every time I watch that Randy Pausch lecture. What a way to look at life.

# 16 racerx @ 03/03/08 11:53 AM
QOTD: I am off Thursday - Sunday this week so I should have sometime to play both games, in between doing House projects. My Wife and I are having our first child in June so need to get the house ready before then!!!!

# 17 RockyTop1 @ 03/03/08 11:57 AM
QOTD: No, never taken off from work to play a game...not yet at least

# 18 Brandwin @ 03/03/08 12:03 PM
Not a huge baseball fan anymore I hardly ever watch it, probably 20 games the past two seasons and 2K baseball always disapoint. I am sure I will pass...

# 19 Husker_OS @ 03/03/08 12:05 PM
QOTD: Nope, but I do plan on getting 2K8 tomorrow and playing it all night tomorrow along with studying for a midterm.

# 20 PVarck31 @ 03/03/08 12:18 PM
QOTD: The way my Employment works I will have plenty of time to play both. Hopefully picking them up late tonight or tomorrow morning.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.