Home
News Post

Went to a few more stores yesterday, to see if I could score a copy of The Show. It was a no-go. I should have it in my hands by this afternoon. Can't wait to try it out, the impressions from our Forum readers has been positive, for the most part.

Man, these NFL players are gettin' PAID! I mean, some of these guys aren't even superstars of the NFL and they are set for life.

What's up with you?
  • Q'sOTD: Which genre appeals to you the most, in sports video gaming? What about in the real world?
Happy Birthday to the following OS'ers!

kodiak, walkman2416, madlarson (40), zephyr13 (31), cpjolicoeur (27), remixx (24), Fsu280 (22), Hov (21)

Member Comments
# 1 boomhauertjs @ 03/04/08 08:17 AM
Picking up MLB 2k8 on the way home from work, making a stop to vote in the primaries, then learning the new pitching controls before I start actually playing a game.

QOTD: Basketball for both.

# 2 PVarck31 @ 03/04/08 08:25 AM
I had no luck getting 2k8 last night but I did manage to score a copy of the Show.

QOTD: Baseball for both

# 3 callmetaternuts @ 03/04/08 08:35 AM
QOTD: Vid games it would have to be football, which is the same in real life, although i find myself being drawn to baseball for the first time since the strike. Too bad i have no clue which MLB games are better.

Whats up? Should find out tomorrow if i got the new job i applied for, which comes with a much nicer salary, and a less "douchey" boss if i get it.

# 4 Steve_OS @ 03/04/08 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Whats up? Should find out tomorrow if i got the new job i applied for, which comes with a much nicer salary, and a less "douchey" boss if i get it.
LOL, good luck!

# 5 nyisles16 @ 03/04/08 09:58 AM
QOTD- I prefer baseball in both... followed by football and then the NHL..

# 6 Behindshadows @ 03/04/08 10:38 AM
QOTD - Baseball and Hockey! on Video Games!

But Basketball and Bowling in Real Life!

This year, Football and Basketball Games both fell short, in Pro and College!

# 7 Coach Bryant @ 03/04/08 10:39 AM
I have to admit that I have never payed much attention to these threads, but they are awesome Steve! Some of the links that you share I find very interesting, and I have read some of the old other stuffs you have posted today. Very cool!

I'd like to also say that I love the new OS, and this place rocks! OS is very informative thanks to its very knowledgeable members, and admins.

QOTD:

My head is shaped like a football. I also enjoy Nascar, Baseball, and Basketball in the real world, and in the gaming world.

# 8 Steve_OS @ 03/04/08 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Bryant
I have to admit that I have never payed much attention to these threads, but they are awesome Steve! Some of the links that you share I find very interesting, and I have read some of the old other stuffs you have posted today. Very cool!

I'd like to also say that I love the new OS, and this place rocks! OS is very informative thanks to its very knowledgeable members, and admins.

QOTD:

My head is shaped like a football. I also enjoy Nascar, Baseball, and Basketball in the real world, and in the gaming world.
Glad you enjoy it CB. Come back daily for your fix.

I have some family in New Tazewell, btw.

# 9 HustlinOwl @ 03/04/08 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Q'sOTD: Which genre appeals to you the most, in sports video gaming? What about in the real world?
Gaming wise this year I had a great experience with College Hoops 2K8 and so far I am loving MLB 08 The Show. As long as I can remember baseball games have been the most realistic IMO video game wise than any other sport.

In real life I love college basketball, but do not care too much for the NBA which IMO again is not how the game of basketball was meant to be played. Played college ball, so the basketball video games I hold to a higher standard when looking for a realistic game and have not enjoyed a game in a long time. College Hoops 2K8 has given me at least a game to play during the down time between NFL and awaiting another Baseball game.

# 10 mgoblue @ 03/04/08 11:11 AM
Good luck, callmetaternuts!

QOTD: Soccer and Hockey in games. Soccer and Football for real life watching (I like watching Hockey, but I don't watch that much regular season stuff...playoffs, I'm riveted). Strangely I end up getting bored watching baseball games that don't really matter, but I am getting hooked on MLB The Show video game. That game might turn me into more than just a casual baseball fan.

# 11 Scott @ 03/04/08 11:44 AM
QOTD: Baseball for both.

# 12 Coach Bryant @ 03/04/08 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

I have some family in New Tazewell, btw.

Cool.

# 13 SPTO @ 03/04/08 12:51 PM
QOTD: Baseball in video game land (sadly it looks like my only choice is going to be fraught with problems DAMN YOU 2K DAMN YOU TO HELL!!!) Football definitely in real life especially since a whole new avenue of DVD trading has opened up for me in getting old games. In fact I just made a 6 game deal with a guy last night. All I need to do now is actually get a working DVD burner "sigh"

Anywho i'm going off to send a money order for something i've bought and going to the store to see if I can score a copy of MLB 2k8. Hopefully i'll find a copy.

# 14 Husker_OS @ 03/04/08 01:16 PM
QOTD: I'm getting more into baseball video games these days but football is still first. And as for real life, major league baseball is 2nd behind college football.

# 15 Acid @ 03/04/08 01:21 PM
QOTD: Soccer for both.

# 16 The GIGGAS @ 03/04/08 02:05 PM
Basketball in gaming, Football IRL.

# 17 slickdtc @ 03/04/08 02:53 PM
QOTD: I play hockey, football, and baseball video games, but I'm a hockey fan first and foremost. Then a football, then a baseball. But I'm a big fan of all three. As for basketball, I'm kind of just an on the fringe type of guy; I know more then your average guy but I'm not into it nearly as much as the other three.

# 18 Chaos81 @ 03/04/08 02:58 PM
Q'sOTD: Does racing count?

# 19 Brandwin @ 03/04/08 03:59 PM
Q'sOTD: Which genre appeals to you the most, in sports video gaming? What about in the real world?

Football in both. I play college basketball games (first year I didn't buy an NBA game) and I won't get a baseball game this year either (don't think I got one last year though)

# 20 ndeezlo @ 03/04/08 05:37 PM
Sentencing Aldridge to 50 hours of community service, Judge Raoul Neave said: "This is exactly the sort of behaviour that makes people afraid to go to town."

I wish he was referring to the guy who broke urinal etiquette, but I doubt it.

QOTD: Football for watching (College before pro) really liked Choops and NHL 08 this year, but The Show wins for videogames.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.