Home
News Post

We finally round out our reviews of MLB '08: The Show with our PS2 review of the game, written by Chase Becotte.

Quote:
"When God of War 2 was released for the PS2 the popular thing to say was, “God of War 2 is the PS2’s swan song.” Yet more than a year later the PS2 is still motoring along, and quality titles like Persona 3 and, most recently, MLB ’08: The Show continue to arrive on the console. And make no mistake MLB ’08: The Show IS a quality title."

Game: MLB '08: The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 97 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 Bamafan3723 @ 03/25/08 04:33 PM
So now the question is, should I stick with 06, or make the switch to 08?

# 2 gjb01 @ 03/25/08 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsb13
If your still having fun with 06 then stick with it. Hitting is as easy as ever in 08, and errors are near broken...plus the graphics are worse than 06.
just for info - this easy hitting issue is not a problem with the PS3, correct??

# 3 N51_rob @ 03/25/08 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjb01
just for info - this easy hitting issue is not a problem with the PS3, correct??
It all depends on you. There are guys on the forums that are struggling and guys that are hitting the cover off the ball. I personaly think that I am having about average luck hitting. But I have been playing RTTS more while I wait for rosters. There for example I hit above .400 in AA, struggled to hit .309 in the spring and so far am making solid contact in my second season of RTTS which has me in the NL.

# 4 ChaseB @ 03/25/08 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjb01
I have all 3 versions and I'd rank them, PSP, PS2, then PS3 from easiest to hardest in terms of hitting on default levels with no slider tweaks.

# 5 Eski33 @ 03/26/08 01:31 PM
PS3 hitting is challenging on the default sliders. Homers happen but aren't over the top like 2K.

Currently, I am averaging between 8 - 11 hits per game with the Tigers....

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.