Home
Madden 09 News Post

Pasta Padre checks in with a interesting blog post called New Commentators for Madden 09.

Quote:
"o who do you think it could be or who are you hoping for? The Monday Night Football crew would make sense given the license although EA hasn’t shown much interest in utilizing it for this type of thing so far."

Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ramenite @ 03/26/08 03:00 AM
I got Madden 08, so it would take something huge for me to get Madden 09. But if they use Bryant Gumble, I swear to Flying Spaghetti Monster I'll never buy this game again.

I'd rather have 60 minutes of "BOOM goes the dynamite".

# 2 Goffs @ 03/26/08 07:29 AM
eh i dont care who they get just as long its not that radio guy anymore i will be checking this game out

# 3 SportsTop @ 03/26/08 07:31 AM
Well, this could go two ways. They have the ESPN and NFL licenses. I suppose we can assume that they are going to use the Gumbel/Collinsworth combo or Tirico/Jaworski/Kornheiser crew. If it's Gumbel/Collinsworth I'd likely turn the volume down and never, ever turn it up again. I sure hope the NFL didn't pressure EA to use their commentators to help push the NFL Network.

# 4 statum71 @ 03/26/08 11:25 AM
I don't think a network contract eliminates the possiblity of a commentator being on another video game. Look at Kevin Harlen, Sony has TNT but he's on NBA 2K8 along with Kenny Smith.

I hope its Joe Buck and Troy Aikman or Jim Nantz and Phil Simms. I just think its cool to hear the top combs from TV doing my games as well. They aren't the top teams on their networks for nothing.

But at least we're getting SOMEBODY.....The radio guy is gone....Let's have a parade!!!!!!!!!

# 5 Kevin26385 @ 03/26/08 12:02 PM
I am going to go out on a limb, and says they will have two sets of broadcasters. the NFL Network guys and the ESPN guys.

I am probably dreaming though

# 6 BigL @ 03/27/08 08:04 AM
A dream scenario would be EA signing with CBS and using their College Football and NFL presentation; Simms and Nance would be awesome. The best tandem in the NFL right now.

Imagine NCAA football with the CBS college football theme? That would be insane.

# 7 SportsTop @ 03/27/08 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
I don't think a network contract eliminates the possiblity of a commentator being on another video game. Look at Kevin Harlen, Sony has TNT but he's on NBA 2K8 along with Kenny Smith.

I hope its Joe Buck and Troy Aikman or Jim Nantz and Phil Simms. I just think its cool to hear the top combs from TV doing my games as well. They aren't the top teams on their networks for nothing.

But at least we're getting SOMEBODY.....The radio guy is gone....Let's have a parade!!!!!!!!!
No, but EA would be putting any future contracts with ESPN and the NFL at risk by using another broadcast team.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.