Home
MLB 2K8 News Post

One of the Forum Admins over at 2K Sports has posted the following details about the upcoming patch for Major League Baseball 2K8.

Quote:
"According to my call at Microsoft, the Patch should go live on XBOX 360 tonight. We are currently in the process of checking with Sony about there patch release, and I would say to check tonight about that but that's looking more like a tomorrow release. Thank you for your patience and I am glad to provide this to you as I was hopeful of doing so."

Game: Major League Baseball 2K8Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 crumpled_heap @ 04/01/08 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugblast
Why even post when you so obviously don't know what you're talking about?
When it is tomorrow and there is no patch then we will know who was right and who was wrong.

# 22 DonkeyJote @ 04/01/08 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilgamesh348
When it is tomorrow and there is no patch then we will know who was right and who was wrong.
You make yourself look like a jackass.

# 23 freezeframe @ 04/01/08 05:08 AM
The Patch has hit I got it, wow this is amazingly a whole new game!

# 24 Foo4Everlong @ 04/01/08 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freezeframe
The Patch has hit I got it, wow this is amazingly a whole new game!

Liar face!!!! Nice try dude, but this kind of stuff should be put over at 2K's forums. Later

# 25 TNKNGM @ 04/01/08 06:53 AM
just logged into xbox live and started the game

NO PATCH OR UPDATES YET

XBOX live was down though - oh well.....maybe later the patch will be out

# 26 mizzouj @ 04/01/08 08:31 AM

# 27 Bahnzo @ 04/01/08 08:53 AM
Still not there....check later I guess. Love how they say it's available, but that it could be down because it was just released. I've never heard that before. As any good computer tech knows, it's always easy to just pass the blame to MS when something doesn't work......

# 28 gobucks @ 04/01/08 09:12 AM
What exactly is the patch addressing? Is it just framerate...whats the big secret 2k? Cant they just put out a version notice like every other sofware patch known to man?

# 29 bigfnjoe96 @ 04/01/08 09:54 AM
The PATCH is UP & available for download on XBL.. 2K is still waiting on word from SONY in reference to the PS3...

# 30 bigfnjoe96 @ 04/01/08 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerMan18
I have'nt played 2K8 in a week but I popped the game in this morning and got no such thing.
As per 2k there saying the PATCH is up on LIVE:

Quote:
This is not an April Fool's joke. Patch 1.1 is up on Xbox Live and we are awaiting release by Sony Entertainment on the Playstation 3. Please note that the patch should download automatically, but will prompt you to allow the download to occur when you start the game. Please note also that the patch could potentially be down at times today only because it has just been released - we have no control over its availability as it is totally in the control of Microsoft. However, we do not have any reason to believe that there will be any problems downloading the patch today whatsoever. We hope you enjoy, and thank you for the patience you have demonstrated as 2K Sports has navigated these uncharted waters (at least for us).

# 31 areobee401 @ 04/01/08 10:06 AM
Interested in reading some feedback once someone actually downloads the patch. Watch the stupid thing brick everyones system who downloads it. 2k just may pull off the greatest april fools joke of all time!

# 32 Christian9 @ 04/01/08 10:10 AM
Nothing yet. I keep trying to reload the game, but nothing.

# 33 emc12 @ 04/01/08 10:17 AM
i got the patch the game is better but you can still see it has framerate issues when pitching and batting not as smooth as i thought it was gonna be but better nonetheless

# 34 foofighter2455 @ 04/01/08 10:19 AM
wow.. convincing post emc...

# 35 emc12 @ 04/01/08 10:35 AM
it is up
i can tell you the cpu pitchers actually throw balls now
know to see if cpu steal bases

# 36 Christian9 @ 04/01/08 10:37 AM
Funny that no one else has gotten the patch but this guy!!

# 37 Flaxseed Oil @ 04/01/08 10:39 AM
The patch doesnt go out to everyone at the same time, fellas. relax.

# 38 Christian9 @ 04/01/08 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaxseed Oil
The patch doesnt go out to everyone at the same time, fellas. relax.
Wouldn't a software update just be put out, not just kinda put out there. Sorry to be a skeptic, just doesn't make sense to me.

# 39 opd897 @ 04/01/08 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emc12
it is up
i can tell you the cpu pitchers actually throw balls now
know to see if cpu steal bases

To my knowledge the patch doesn't address issues such as pitchers throwing balls. Only the framerate issue and the Padres franchise glitch are going to be addressed.

# 40 mashaddict @ 04/01/08 10:49 AM
It's because Xbox Live doesn't http connections like websites, it uses a system more like peer to peer, since that's a more efficient way to play games over the internet. So yes, it does take different amounts of time for the patch to work its way over the internet. Odds are emc is on the west coast where Microsoft is(and the best internet lines)

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.