Home
News Post

The official NCAA Football 09 website has posted some of the new features we can expect this year.

Quote:
College Atmosphere & Pageantry
  • All-new Dynamic Crowd System
  • College sidelines are packed with additional players, mascots, cheerleaders, and more
  • All-new authentic fields with new textures, lighting, and field degradation
  • New college player models, including more than 50 alternate uniforms
  • User Customizable Stadium Sounds & Music
  • Breakaway crowd reactions

Depth & Innovation
  • Online Dynasty is here!!!
  • Roster file sharing online
  • Improved recruiting system in Dynasty mode highlighting ease and accessibility
  • New post game presentation and play by play commentary
  • 1-4 player offline co-op
  • Return missed field goals
  • Bluff your play art to confuse opponents
  • Formation audibles
  • Smart routes
  • Bobble catches
  • Better passing control
  • Post play continuation
  • All-New Mini Games
  • Random play selection in practice mode
  • Quick replay
  • CPU vs. CPU (watch mode)
  • Smooth 60 FPS on PS3
  • Even teams option in play now

NCAA Football 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 SageInfinite @ 04/05/08 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by umd
They shouldn't have been gone in the first place.
Ding! We have a winner.

# 182 nxt @ 04/05/08 12:55 PM
I hope they include in-game saves.

# 183 BSherrod @ 04/06/08 12:41 AM
I am hoping they they show us like an official trailer in a couple off weeks and it shows off this amazing next gen experience, but I am happy that 09 will have the roster sharing and online dynasty. Even with the flaws of 08 I would play the crap out of it with those two features alone.

# 184 Jethown @ 04/06/08 12:45 AM
I'm psyched we can finally play co-op on next-gen.

# 185 Village Idiot @ 04/06/08 01:34 AM
What's up with the grass in that pic above? Is that supposed to be snow on it? Chalk? Flour?

# 186 uraz3r0 @ 04/06/08 01:37 AM
Random play selection in practice mode

Awesome. Also the returned field goal thing is a must. I'm so glad they have it.

# 187 Ninjoid @ 04/06/08 05:02 AM
Having CPU V CPU back is great...hopefully this extends into being able to select any game from any side's schedule and being able to play/watch it.

# 188 edubbs @ 04/06/08 04:52 PM
No mention of the weather channel feature from last year? I guess that was just one of those one year 'hype feature' deals.

I would have hoped that they expanded this for Madden and NCAA this year, so online games would have varying weather.

I'm hoping that somehow they kept this for both games, I thought it was announced as a multi-year deal last year.

# 189 SirNigel @ 04/06/08 05:53 PM
It looks like we will have to wait another year for DI-AA schools to be added.

# 190 rudyjuly2 @ 04/06/08 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by uraz3r0
Random play selection in practice mode

Awesome. Also the returned field goal thing is a must. I'm so glad they have it.
The returned kicks is good simply for the fact that the NCAA team might actually recognize that most college kickers don't have the leg strength to routinely kick 55 yard field goals. The strength of the kickers legs in the past couple football games has been insanely high.

I'd really like to see the elimination of the analog kicking system altogether. The old button system was much more consistent in misses from both outside the hashes and inside them. The analog stick makes kicking from the middle too easy and from the wide hash too hard.

# 191 davin @ 04/06/08 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
The returned kicks is good simply for the fact that the NCAA team might actually recognize that most college kickers don't have the leg strength to routinely kick 55 yard field goals. The strength of the kickers legs in the past couple football games has been insanely high.

I'd really like to see the elimination of the analog kicking system altogether. The old button system was much more consistent in misses from both outside the hashes and inside them. The analog stick makes kicking from the middle too easy and from the wide hash too hard.
Man I couldn't believe it when a lower level MAC team would run out their kicker for a 58 yard field goal. They might miss, but it will not be because of lack of distance. That was the first warning sign I had to change their kick power. I'd like to see them make kicking very hard. There is a reason why kicking field goals in college football makes a fan hold their breath every time, either for fear of a block, bad snap, or pressure causing the kicker to misjudge something.

# 192 UNC_Pete @ 04/07/08 11:07 AM
Hopefully super human LBs are gone from this years game. If not then looks like I'm out of luck..

# 193 feeq14 @ 04/07/08 11:55 AM
Is there any word on them fixing super sim mode?

# 194 ODogg @ 04/07/08 09:22 PM
All I know is we damned well better have the ability to not only have weather, day/night and alternate uniforms online but select it as well.

I'm really glad to see shared online rosters, that will be nice to not have to fool with that stupid Transfer Kit nonsense. Oh and I LAUGH now at the clown who paid all that big money to buy Fairdale's site when this is the first year the rosters will be shareable. Turns out Fairdale got out when the getting was good.

Also, it'll be great to see HFA back, i really have missed that from the last-gen. It adds tremendously to the excitement and uniqueness of college football.

And I think what they mean by post-play continuation is something my friend ghostrider76 and I have complained about for a long time, when you score a TD as soon as the nose of the ball is over the end zone line everyone, including the running back, just stops as if they somehow magically know the ball is over the line. In real football they play situations like that sometimes even a little beyond the whistle blow. That's just one example of post play continuation. As someone else said another example would be players helping other players up, WRs going from a full sprint to a fast jog then a slow jog, etc instead of just going from full sprint to the same walking speed as the other players.

# 195 SB_ndboi @ 04/08/08 03:02 AM
If all this is true it should be one hell of a game hands down. Could NCAA be making their move on Madden for all the slacking the past 5 years. ndboi out.

# 196 mrlux @ 04/09/08 04:29 PM
I agree with most on the thread that these are features that should have already been in the "next gen" installment of NCAA.

Things i wanted added or fixed for NCAA 09 are:

Correct facesheilds "not dark even though it looks cool" should be clear.

Snow games shouldnt look like your playing on a sheet of snow with no field patterns to mark the yard lines.

Rainy games shouldnt have the majority of the rain in the middle of the field, it should be balanced across the entire field, sideline to sideline.

All or some of the 1-AA teams (If last year didnt show us nothing else it was the impact that some 1-AA teams can have on the polls) such as App. State

"Worthwhile" alternate jerseys. Dont give us some variation of socks on the same uni and call it alternate.

MOST OF ALL
Play call screen similar to last gen where you had a 3 play option to not let your "in house" opponent know what play you're going to choose. I dont know why this is so difficult to implement, not everyone plays this game online. I have many friends over sometime and we play on each other on the same TV and it gets annoying when you have to pick a play and your opponent has to look away until your done or something like that because i hate the "bluff" feature.

# 197 metallidevils @ 04/10/08 09:10 AM
i saw "User Customizable Stadium Sounds & Music" and I'm sold. Seriously.

# 198 Sausage @ 04/10/08 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlux
MOST OF ALL
Play call screen similar to last gen where you had a 3 play option to not let your "in house" opponent know what play you're going to choose. I dont know why this is so difficult to implement, not everyone plays this game online. I have many friends over sometime and we play on each other on the same TV and it gets annoying when you have to pick a play and your opponent has to look away until your done or something like that because i hate the "bluff" feature
I wish there was an option to have a different playcalling menu with more press button options. I dislike bluff, but I don't think it bothered enough people to change it, so I don't expect it.

# 199 metallidevils @ 04/10/08 09:34 AM
honestly, the atmosphere features look nice, but at least from that trailer in the other thread, all of these little tweaks are being done on top of last year's game. Meaning, running still looks horrible, last year it felt like running on pavement, not grass. How does EA not fix this? Also, this is what, their 3rd year on next gen, and they still have ps2 graphics?

# 200 mercalnd @ 04/10/08 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metallidevils
Also, this is what, their 3rd year on next gen, and they still have ps2 graphics?
WTF? I know some people don't like the models in the game but to say they're still PS2 graphics is just ridiculous.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.