Home
News Post

The official NCAA Football 09 website has posted some of the new features we can expect this year.

Quote:
College Atmosphere & Pageantry
  • All-new Dynamic Crowd System
  • College sidelines are packed with additional players, mascots, cheerleaders, and more
  • All-new authentic fields with new textures, lighting, and field degradation
  • New college player models, including more than 50 alternate uniforms
  • User Customizable Stadium Sounds & Music
  • Breakaway crowd reactions

Depth & Innovation
  • Online Dynasty is here!!!
  • Roster file sharing online
  • Improved recruiting system in Dynasty mode highlighting ease and accessibility
  • New post game presentation and play by play commentary
  • 1-4 player offline co-op
  • Return missed field goals
  • Bluff your play art to confuse opponents
  • Formation audibles
  • Smart routes
  • Bobble catches
  • Better passing control
  • Post play continuation
  • All-New Mini Games
  • Random play selection in practice mode
  • Quick replay
  • CPU vs. CPU (watch mode)
  • Smooth 60 FPS on PS3
  • Even teams option in play now

NCAA Football 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Cusefan @ 04/02/08 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
I don't think anyone is quite sure yet.
im thinkin it means when the play is over players will act accordingly, perhaps celebrating a big play, helping teammates up, etc etc.

i am still hoping for ESPN overlays and better pre and postgame presentation.

# 42 Cardot @ 04/02/08 11:36 PM
Alot of good things on the list. But the list sounds good every year.

HFA scares me a bit.

I would be cautious about the online dynasties. NHL '08 is a great game, but the online leagues are very bare-boned. No stats, no postseason etc.

I am more concerned about the features they don't promote. Like last year they neglected to promote 12 turnover games with 2 gauranteed pic 6's.

I have high hopes for this game, and this list is exciting........but not near high enough for it to be an automatic purchase.

# 43 SteelerSpartan @ 04/02/08 11:40 PM
Seeing as you'll be able to watch CPU vs CPU hopefully that means that they will have some more camera angles for everybody who likes those

Yeah as others of said this list is a positive sign for sure, but there is still a tun of stuff that EA could get wrong on the technical side......and I swear If I go an edit one of my players and it F**** up my depth chart just by doing that........I'll flip

# 44 Kramer5150 @ 04/02/08 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldschool17
What is POST PLAY CONTINUATION???
Maybe if your guy gets knocked out of bounds,he'll actually interact with the guys on the sidelines? Just a guess,but would be cool though.

# 45 Vince @ 04/02/08 11:46 PM
There was no random plays in practice mode before???

That folks is sad on so many levels.

But i'm glad to hear HFA is back.

# 46 WDOgF0reL1fe @ 04/02/08 11:49 PM
Im excited....

I love how they included, return missed field goals in the list

Agh, so pumped

# 47 AuburnAlumni @ 04/02/08 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
The official NCAA Football 09 website has posted some of the new features we can expect this year.
OSKodiak...paging OSKODIAK.

Online Dynasties buddy. It's official. You are getting divorced and my business is going down the tubes.

# 48 thegoons21 @ 04/02/08 11:52 PM
I really wanted to stay away from EA's football games this year but......online dyansties? I have to see this.

# 49 Scott @ 04/02/08 11:57 PM
So since I haven't played NCAA Football since 04 on Xbox, it'll be essentially the same game lol...

# 50 kenneth33 @ 04/03/08 12:02 AM
Quote:
I'm noty looking forward to this MESS coming back...I like the CONCEPT but it was POORLY integrated into prior NCAA games...Players just don't get as stupid in games...I mean if a team was playing in a really loud stadium that is well known for their crowd noise most teams would have hand signals and other remedies to combat the noise.
Dude are you sure you don't know how many games i watched lastyear late in the game away team needing a td and just feel apart because they could noy call the play and having to spend a timeout witch they wanted to save happens all the time mostly the 1st few weeks and late in the year....

# 51 inkcil @ 04/03/08 12:05 AM
Wow...last gen features meets next gen graphics - what a novel idea.

It's about time!!!!!

Yipeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

# 52 ex carrabba fan @ 04/03/08 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
Not all that exciting of a list.

Hell, the best news on that list is online rosters, random plays in practice, and CPU v CPU, all of which were in last gen (or should have been).

No formation subs again?
I agree. Formation subs is a must. My God why did they take that out over the years?

# 53 Jethown @ 04/03/08 12:11 AM
They finally put 4 player co-op in! That just made my day.

# 54 janglar @ 04/03/08 12:13 AM
I'm with thmst30 about being pissed there most likely will not be 1-AA teams. Yet knowing that EA wrote the law of "Keep enough features out of the current version so people will go apesh*t when you RE-include them one by one the following years and thus keep wishful thinking gamers forking out $60 every year", I am in no way suprised. With them promising alternate unis and better passing, I have called off the anarchist riot mob I had scheduled to a scorched earth policy (for now). I like what I hear so far, but we'll see in July.

# 55 SageInfinite @ 04/03/08 12:20 AM
I hope they didn't remove the highlight feature. I really liked how you could upload replays. Also the camera angles were perfect as they made some of the replays look just like TV.

# 56 umd @ 04/03/08 12:22 AM
Hey EA's slogan lives up again: "EA Sports making everything old new again..."

Let the hype begin. Most of that stuff is last gen as someone already said.

AuburnAlum - my buddy I'm disappointed in you. You should know better than to expect anything more than 4 player online dynasties. Maybe 8 if you're lucky, with little support.

As for having time for 50 alternate jerseys? They're all the ones that should have been in 08.

For the first time ever NCAA is a prove it to me purchase. We'll see what happens when the game drops. If the gameplay is still busted (CPU QB etc) who cares what features they re-introduce.

HFA is a scarey thought - remember NCAA 05? Most disappointing game of the year on OS.

# 57 nxt @ 04/03/08 12:34 AM
Well it's about time some of these features made it. Welcome back!

# 58 inkcil @ 04/03/08 12:40 AM
Quote:
I'm noty looking forward to this MESS coming back...I like the CONCEPT but it was POORLY integrated into prior NCAA games...Players just don't get as stupid in games...I mean if a team was playing in a really loud stadium that is well known for their crowd noise most teams would have hand signals and other remedies to combat the noise.
I really liked that feature...it brings an extra sense of realism to the game, IMO. Try watchins San Diego State games all Fall and then come back and tell me there is no pre-play confusion in college football.

Also, I like the animations of WR trying to get the play right, it makes it feel like there are actual mistake-prone humans playing and not just CPU and human controlled figurines on a screen.

On another note, will the custom soundtrack feature be available for the PS3?

# 59 inkcil @ 04/03/08 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
I hope they didn't remove the highlight feature. I really liked how you could upload replays. Also the camera angles were perfect as they made some of the replays look just like TV.
Yeah, that was a sick feature.

I played online against someone and recovered a fumble for a TD and I LOVED watching that play on the big screen ev'time I booted up the game.

# 60 Spectre @ 04/03/08 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
There was no random plays in practice mode before???

That folks is sad on so many levels.

But i'm glad to hear HFA is back.
Yeah, people are getting excited about some stuff that should have been standard a long time ago. Really sad.

Oh well, better late than never. I still feel damn good that I held out purchasing 08.

I'm still pissed about no 1-AA teams. I'm not a huge 1-AA fan, but we had them in old-gen YEARS ago.

Given how the presentation has stayed stagnant for the last, oh 8 or so years, a presentation overhaul is needed.

Surprising to see what declining sales do: 2.89 million sales of 07 to 1.62 million of 08 in VGChartz. Money talks and it looks like EA finally had a reason to "innovate" (using the term loosely).

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.