Home
News Post

CVG has posted the following Don King Presents: Prizefighter articles:
  • Don King Presents: Prizefighter Man Throws Punches at EA

Quote:
    "I don't know how many times you can see a face change when you hit it," he said. "It kind of reminds me of dropping a watermelon off a ten story building; you kind of do it once and say, 'oh, that's cool'.

"And obviously it doesn't really have any deep story - it has these characters that have personalities but I doubt there's going to be any real deep, immersive story like we have in Prizefighter."
  • Don King Presents: Prizefighter Interview

Quote:
    CVG: "Getting to the actual meat of the game... how do the fighting controls work?"

Matthew Seymour: "Obviously our big competition is Fight Night and the 'Total Punch Control TM'. We based our controls on the Street Fighter mechanics, so everything's on the face buttons, shoulders and triggers. The reason we do that is because our game plays much faster like real boxing.

So when you throw a jab, we want you to throw a jab, not searching to click left on the analogue, spin it around..."

Game: Don King Presents: PrizefighterReader Score: 3.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 10 - View All
Don King Presents: Prizefighter Videos
Member Comments
# 1 MikeH592 @ 04/15/08 07:10 PM
The Prizefighter screens look great. The video looks like Fight Night Round 2. Awesome. A boxing game that looks 4 years old and plays like Street Fighter. Sign me up. I disagree with Don King...this game LACKS "spectaculosity." What the hell that means...

# 2 Brian_OS @ 04/15/08 09:00 PM
they should not be taking jabs at anyone yet...

# 3 Vast @ 04/15/08 09:44 PM
I don't know guys. A linear career mode in a boxing game is exactly what i DON'T WANT.

im excited to play a new boxing engine. but the career mode does nothing for me. what happens if i lose a fight??? will a big "game over, try again" screen come up??

this sux. I think HE dropped the ball hard.

# 4 fistofrage @ 04/15/08 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
I don't know guys. A linear career mode in a boxing game is exactly what i DON'T WANT.

im excited to play a new boxing engine. but the career mode does nothing for me. what happens if i lose a fight??? will a big "game over, try again" screen come up??

this sux. I think HE dropped the ball hard.
co-sign

# 5 Heelfan71 @ 04/15/08 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon22
Welcome... with your first post. Just 5 years after you signed up.
he just wanted to ease into posting.

# 6 cjallure24 @ 04/16/08 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeH592
The Prizefighter screens look great. The video looks like Fight Night Round 2. Awesome. A boxing game that looks 4 years old and plays like Street Fighter. Sign me up. I disagree with Don King...this game LACKS "spectaculosity." What the hell that means...
I believe that "spectaculosity" is an old wooden ship that was used in the early 1500's to transport wheat from America to Spain......

# 7 Chibi @ 04/16/08 03:38 PM
The same old story, over and over again? Ugh. What's so hard about a fricking open career mode like other sports games?

Rental, at best.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.