Home
News Post

GameSpot has posted a video clip showing off NCAA Football 09 with Dave Ross, the Project Lead.

Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Pared @ 04/28/08 02:53 PM
What impressions?

Thanks for bursting my bubble. Watch your back on MGSO!

# 122 SageInfinite @ 04/28/08 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
What impressions?

Thanks for bursting my bubble. Watch your back on MGSO!
Lmao. Can't wait. The impressions that CJD and pastapadre posted from their hands on time with the game.

# 123 Dame @ 04/28/08 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONF
How far did Tebow throw the ball on the second long bomb?

I am lost for words. Not sure what to think about EA's supposed new game. 09????
45 yards in the air

# 124 skinfan31 @ 04/28/08 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankingsfan
I will say that I am more than a little bummed about the fact that the game still lacks presentation on the front end. Itr makes me pretty sure that the end of the game will still be boring, as well. I, for the life of me, can't get the design choice decision to not have cutscenes to add to the overall experience. For the offline player this element alone adds depth and immersion to keep playing. I mean that you player the whole season and get a end of game screen for the national championship with a cheap litte trophy. What's the point of playing 13 games? Fifa08 has some presentation elements. They could be better, but they give you that "atta-boy" at the end of the year. And UEFA reaaly blows that away. Why are Tiburons titles so painfully bland?

This whole generation of EA titles are really boring when it comes to the presentation. Madden seems to have gotten a clue from the many complaints of the fanbase. But the NCAA team didn't seem to get it enough. Sure the on the field, in game seems better but what about the build-up? If there is no big celebration after the game or big hype up to it, it simply becomes boring. And monotonous. Tiburon has really made a goof this gen assuming that the vast majority of gamers are the online or head to head types. Unless this game really steps up the presentation, I'll go with Madden and Head Coach. That team seems to have put forth the effort to create a fuller experience for the solo player.

Hey, well said! They continue to charge full price for a stale game. I'm beyond sick of they same presentation, but what choice do I have? None. I'm a diehard college football fan and it's the only college game out there for me to get my fix.

# 125 countryboy @ 04/28/08 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Country, I don't think the comments were directed at you. If you enjoy the game, it is well worth the money.

But there are many who post complaints about the game. They complain that nothing will change the following year, but they go ahead and buy it again anyways....and the cycle continues. For those of us who think the game could be much better if EA was pushed economically, it is worth reminding people of the power of their wallets.
Actually his post was directed at pretty much everyone on this site. And since I am one of the few that has mentioned that I am buying the game once it hits shelves, that means that it had to be directed at me.

It was just a sarcastic joke moretheless. I mean, if you are going to come on here and tell me that I can't defend the game and do not buy it, then you have to expect a response. And a response that is as "over the top" as your comments.

And I am sorry, but the idea of enough people boycotting the game and not buying it, just doesn't work in my opinion. Sure, you may convince a few hundred at best on this site not to buy the game, but what about the other thousands upon thousands that buy the game? How are you going to reach those people who do not visit OS? That is where my joke of boycotting the EA headquarters comes into play.

I know that I am viewed as one of the "bad guys" because I like EA and enjoy their products. That doesn't mean however that I don't want them to improve or get better. And yes, I have problems with the series, but imo, their aren't big enough to keep me from buying the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
Great post and you did it with tact.
I agree with the tact part. I appreciate him not coming at me "horns" first.

# 126 BrianFifaFan @ 04/28/08 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinfan31
Hey, well said! They continue to charge full price for a stale game. I'm beyond sick of they same presentation, but what choice do I have? None. I'm a diehard college football fan and it's the only college game out there for me to get my fix.
I feel your pain. I've been a Diehard Michigan fan for 28 years. And I love to see the colors and hear "Hail to the Victors" to the point its my ringtone. But I'm at the point where this game doesn't give me that "fix." It actually ruins the experience and joy that Michigan football should bring me in my gaming. It makes playing as my beloved Wolverines tedious. And boring. The first title you could barely even hear the fight song and the framerate was foul. Last year was better but the gameplay was wack. But still it's missing the banner on the intro. The pepband playing "bullwinkle" The hype that is us vs. the Bucks.

I could understand all of the lack if the Tiburon team used all of the disk space on gamelay that was so phenominal that they couldn't fit anymore on my tiny 360 disk. Or that the memory (all 1/2 gig) was all being used. But the truth is that this game is far from that. So I'm not going to support this half-baked experience until they ante up. And having played Fifa08 and seeing Tiburons brief glimpses of Madden so far, that just hardens my resolve. I'll still give them love for Madden and am really pondering Head Coach, but NCAA is more questions than answers as of now. And if Madden shows some warts beneath the hype machine, I'll axe that,too. I already have a "football" game I love dearly. Fifa08......Bring it Tiburon.

# 127 spit_bubble @ 04/28/08 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Is there some preconceived notion that those who aren't hardcore football fans are idiots and wouldn't appreciate a, realistic, in-depth football simulation?
It's because the casual gaming crowd has said that the games are too complicated to play.

Ultimately I guess they're going to need to find a balance. One where the games are easy to get into, yet at the same time have enough depth and realism to appeal to the hardcore fan.

# 128 D.Winn @ 04/28/08 09:29 PM
Quote:
I'm not being sarcastic. I don't care that it was on Freshman.

The defenders were knocking the ball down instead of catching it.
I saw tebow running around throwing bombs. They are making a "wide open" game so us "USER" control guys will have a field day spinning 48 yards for a touchdown.

# 129 D.Winn @ 04/28/08 09:48 PM
ok ok ok..i rewatched the video and its not THAT bad. I guess we just want to see a game that is LEAPS and BOUNDS better, when that wont be the case.

# 130 rudyjuly2 @ 04/28/08 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I know that I am viewed as one of the "bad guys" because I like EA and enjoy their products. That doesn't mean however that I don't want them to improve or get better. And yes, I have problems with the series, but imo, their aren't big enough to keep me from buying the game.
I'm a bad guy too. I agree with many that NCAA needs improvement, particularly next gen. I still liked '08 but not like I did for the prior versions on the PS2. However, I only look at whether I should buy a game based on myself. I don't care who the company is and what the long term effect is either. If others don't buy it or want to boycott, go ahead. I just know that I love playing NCAA football and that '09 will be better than '08 which means I'm buying it day one. Will it be perfect? No. Will I have fun and get my monies worth? Yes.

# 131 TLizChosen @ 04/29/08 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metallidevils
looks kind of like 08 with better grass, TBH...

When will they be implementing a new graphics engine?
I think it is improved from 08. Take a look at it then come back to this video. 08 looks like a glossy cartoon. I was going to wait, but after viewing the vids on this and looking at the gamestop blog on Madden 09, I will continue my football fix.

# 132 fistofrage @ 04/29/08 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I'm a bad guy too. I agree with many that NCAA needs improvement, particularly next gen. I still liked '08 but not like I did for the prior versions on the PS2. However, I only look at whether I should buy a game based on myself. I don't care who the company is and what the long term effect is either. If others don't buy it or want to boycott, go ahead. I just know that I love playing NCAA football and that '09 will be better than '08 which means I'm buying it day one. Will it be perfect? No. Will I have fun and get my monies worth? Yes.

Are you sure 2009 will be better than 2008? One of the hands on said the pursuit angles were fouled up. If that's the case, you're screwed. The lousy pursuit angles on 08 for the PS2 made the game worse than 07.

# 133 Pared @ 04/29/08 10:57 AM
PS2/Xbox sales were down... not "next-gen."

That's a skewed perception.

# 134 fistofrage @ 04/29/08 11:49 AM
Quote:

Not really. If the aggregate purchases goes down, where did the gamers money go? The stats still says that overall sales were down. If people stop playing their PS2's and Xbox's and go buy something else instead, its still a problem. Not only are football games competing against all other video games, they are competing against everything in the entertainment field. People are foregoing playing EA football games in lieu of other things.

# 135 Pared @ 04/29/08 11:52 AM
The masses still haven't adopted the "next-gen" systems yet. Not when HDTV's still aren't all over the place...

Just wait until 2009.

# 136 FlyingFinn @ 04/29/08 12:18 PM
Quote:

But next gen did not jump in sales like EA had hoped. Either way around 13% less people bought the game then the year before.

Lets just say that number was 5 million copies sold a year ago: 650K less copies sold * $40 equals around $26 million less in revenue which is nothing to sneeze at, even to EA. If it were to be down another 13% this year, some people may be looking for work.

# 137 Pared @ 04/29/08 12:34 PM
Next gen won't jump in sales... we're comparing what... 120 million PS2's out there... compared to 19 million and 13 million 360 and PS3 owners...?

The dropoff in PS2/Xbox sales might be alarming... but it's not something that wasn't expected. It will probably be less this year.

# 138 FlyingFinn @ 04/29/08 12:54 PM
Bottom line is PS2 players are no longer buying NCAA and EA is giving them no reason to make the jump to "next-gen" with their current offerings. Most likely the reason Peter Moore was brought on board with his whole "capture the casual" crusade because the % of sports game nuts on "next-gen" is small compared to last gen so they have to try to do something to keep sales from dropping again.

# 139 Pared @ 04/29/08 02:29 PM
PS2 game sales are down all around.

One can also say that NEXT GEN GAMING has given them no reason to make the jump with its current offerings. In no way should this be directly proportionate with EA, IMO.

People are reading into it the way they want to, if you ask me.

# 140 ifiok25 @ 04/29/08 10:51 PM
And another thing: The play clock in college football is now 40 seconds not 25. Read the rulebook EA.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.