Home
News Post

GameSpot has posted a video clip showing off NCAA Football 09 with Dave Ross, the Project Lead.

Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Methlab @ 04/29/08 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
The masses still haven't adopted the "next-gen" systems yet. Not when HDTV's still aren't all over the place...

Just wait until 2009.
The next gen games have to get better. There are few too many great games being made right now.

The rest is just excuses for a ton of average games being released.

# 142 Sportsforever @ 04/29/08 11:46 PM
If that developer told me one more time that the three things they worked on where 1) Collegiate atmosphere, 2) Wide open gameplay, and 3) Online dynasty, I was going to "supersim" right to the end of that video. So far it looks nicer than last year, but they just really haven't captured that "collegiate" atmosphere like '04 had. This is a wait and see for me...

# 143 Pared @ 04/30/08 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
The next gen games have to get better. There are few too many great games being made right now.

The rest is just excuses for a ton of average games being released.
I completely agree with you... but we're seeing it now. GTA4, MGS4 soon... Halo3 last year...

I don't know how anyone has held off this long.

# 144 SageInfinite @ 04/30/08 10:19 AM
Besides football, I'm enjoying everything more this generation.

# 145 fistofrage @ 04/30/08 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
Besides football, I'm enjoying everything more this generation.
Football is terrible. The reason I think that some people even tolerate the next gen NCAA football is because they forgot about or never played the PS2 versions.

But I think you are right, the other sports have stepped it up a notch and alot of non-sports games are outstanding. But football, blah. I think it disturbs me the most because it is my favorite sport.

Also the baseball reviews on the 360 have been so bad the last few years that I haven't touched a next gen basball game.

# 146 SageInfinite @ 04/30/08 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Football is terrible. The reason I think that some people even tolerate the next gen NCAA football is because they forgot about or never played the PS2 versions.

But I think you are right, the other sports have stepped it up a notch and alot of non-sports games are outstanding. But football, blah. I think it disturbs me the most because it is my favorite sport.

Also the baseball reviews on the 360 have been so bad the last few years that I haven't touched a next gen basball game.
Totally agree. Baseball I haven't touched on the 360 either because I also own the PS3 which means the show, and that game makes me forget 2k even makes a baseball game. 2K7 had potential but it doesn't seem like they too advantage of it. I only played the demo but it was terrible. IMO as long as there is 1 good game for each sport, I'm good. With football the games have barely been average.

# 147 Methlab @ 04/30/08 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
I completely agree with you... but we're seeing it now. GTA4, MGS4 soon... Halo3 last year...

I don't know how anyone has held off this long.
Because you are a hardcore gamer. You have 17k posts here, which tells me you love your video games. The average person who is not hardcore goes, "what can I be doing right now?" and honestly, games are low on the list. Video games are a nice way to pass time, but they do nothing for you in life. . Zero..unless you are a pro who somehow makes money off playing the games. Internet surfing at least can help you meet people with similar interests and improve yourself in any skillset you want. Hell, you can make your own youtube video that someone could see and pay you for your services.

So in order to get the average person to play games for hours each night you have to deliver an undeniable product. COD4 is such a game, Halo I guess is up there...GTA..all good examples, but when Dreamcast was out, every 1-2 months an amazing game was released. It is just not like that now, even though the technology is much better.

# 148 jayejoyce @ 05/07/08 12:20 AM
NCAA 09 WOW.whatever happened to teams taking the field?they must show up in the endzone for the kickoff.MADDEN has player introductions even says the college they are from.NCAA nothing at all.if i wanna skip it,let me.IMPROVED ATMOSPHERE!let's not show teams taking the field,we need to focus on mascots playing football in front of 80,000.i am along wih true college football fans are disappointed.if it's in the game,is it in the game?

# 149 countryboy @ 05/07/08 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayejoyce
NCAA 09 WOW.whatever happened to teams taking the field?they must show up in the endzone for the kickoff.MADDEN has player introductions even says the college they are from.NCAA nothing at all.if i wanna skip it,let me.IMPROVED ATMOSPHERE!let's not show teams taking the field,we need to focus on mascots playing football in front of 80,000.i am along wih true college football fans are disappointed.if it's in the game,is it in the game?

All 6 of your posts say basically the same thing.

# 150 ifiok25 @ 05/07/08 06:21 PM
Can anyone answer my earlier question about why the playclock is 25 seconds instead of the new 40 second clock?

# 151 countryboy @ 05/07/08 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifiok25
Can anyone answer my earlier question about why the playclock is 25 seconds instead of the new 40 second clock?
not yet. Hopefully, they catch their oversight and fix it in time for release.

# 152 ifiok25 @ 05/07/08 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
not yet. Hopefully, they catch their oversight and fix it in time for release.
If they change it to 40 seconds then they better have the accelerated clock like in Madden.

# 153 rudyjuly2 @ 05/07/08 07:04 PM
Quote:
If they change it to 40 seconds then they better have the accelerated clock like in Madden.
I like the accelerated clock too but since I haven't read anything about it, I'm assuming we won't get it this year. It seems like it would be pretty simple to implement.

# 154 countryboy @ 05/07/08 07:05 PM
Quote:
Ok, I am not sure how the two are related and Madden doesn't have the acclerated clock either. At least not on the PS3/360.

# 155 Preo32 @ 05/07/08 07:52 PM
the 2 things i like a lot more about NCAA than Madden is the plays (more trick and option plays) and the dynasty mode. More fun at least in the 08 version. I think i may end up buying this game even thou i originally didnt plan on it. Mizzou Tigers have to be ranked top 15 or thats dumb as hell

# 156 ifiok25 @ 05/07/08 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Ok, I am not sure how the two are related and Madden doesn't have the accelerated clock either. At least not on the PS3/360.
See I still play Madden on the PC, never on Next Gen (Though I'll have to now since it's no longer made for PC/XBOX) so I do have the accelerated clock. It should be implemented though for longer games.

# 157 ODogg @ 05/07/08 11:21 PM
Quote:
See I still play Madden on the PC, never on Next Gen (Though I'll have to now since it's no longer made for PC/XBOX) so I do have the accelerated clock. It should be implemented though for longer games.
Haven't you heard that Madden won't be made for the PC anymore?

# 158 BrianFifaFan @ 05/08/08 12:05 AM
Quote:
I have a question. And it isn't anytihng more than a question. Why do guys like accelerated clocks as opposed to a Save-in-game feature? I can see a sim-to-end if the game is out of reach, but I don't understand the accelerated clock. But I normally play the longest length allowable. And actually try to clock manage. I will grant that playing a 60 minute game is a bit excessive but it seems like people have this ADD about playing games. And games are really cutting all of the little things to expedite the whole experience. It seems like a oxymoron to me. Isn't the whole idea of escapism to do it for as long as possible?

I guess I'm asking is your desire for an accelerated clock based on time pressure, impatience or that the game isn't immersive enough to hold that escape desire for longer periods of time. I find myself missing the days when I'd play Sonic or Metal Gear until 4:00AM and limp to work half-dead. I know my life has changed but it seems that my games aren't that fascinating to make me keep playing. I've heard that COD4 and GTA are those kind of games. But I play exclusively Sports games, and really haven't seen a game like that in this genre for a while. Best I've gotten so far is Fifa08. 700 games since Oct. Any other Sports game I'm lucky to get in 3 seasons before I want to quit.I just don't know why. I still want that full experience of long gametimes but just get bored with the lack of immersion and atmosphere. Thoughts?

# 159 rudyjuly2 @ 05/08/08 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankingsfan
I have a question. And it isn't anytihng more than a question. Why do guys like accelerated clocks as opposed to a Save-in-game feature?
Speaking for myself, I think those two features are completely unrelated. The accelerated clock has nothing to do with how long I play a game. I would love in game saves. With or without an accelerated clock, I would set the minutes per quarter so I get around the same number of plays and still play around an hour (I don't like to play more than that). The biggest reason I like an accelerated clock is that it makes time management for realistic. For example, I like to play 7 minute quarters. So in the 4th quarter if I actually start milking the clock at 3.5 minutes, that's only halfway through the quarter and I feel like I'm cheating. An accelerated clock can make clock management more realistic - that's the only reason I'd like it.

# 160 bad_philanthropy @ 05/08/08 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Speaking for myself, I think those two features are completely unrelated. The accelerated clock has nothing to do with how long I play a game. I would love in game saves. With or without an accelerated clock, I would set the minutes per quarter so I get around the same number of plays and still play around an hour (I don't like to play more than that). The biggest reason I like an accelerated clock is that it makes time management for realistic. For example, I like to play 7 minute quarters. So in the 4th quarter if I actually start milking the clock at 3.5 minutes, that's only halfway through the quarter and I feel like I'm cheating. An accelerated clock can make clock management more realistic - that's the only reason I'd like it.
My sentiments exactly. I think the accelerated clock was one of the most underrated features in Madden. It equates to the same amount of time playing the game but a more realistic game in relation to the clock.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.