Home
Madden 09 News Post

IGN has posted the first online league details for Madden 09, including a video clip of the game in action.

Quote:
"When it comes to sports videogames it doesn't get much bigger than the yearly release of Madden Football. Some complain it's the same game year in and year out, but that doesn't stop droves of pigskin fanatics from lining up outside of their local retailers in hopes of scoring a copy. With the announcement of Brett Favre as the cover athlete for Madden NFL 09 the ball has begun to roll heading toward the game's August release."

Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 marshallfever @ 04/29/08 08:47 PM

# 22 Jistic @ 04/29/08 09:01 PM
One positive I saw is game speed. It's thankfully slowed down a little. That's all I can say for now.

# 23 dave731 @ 04/29/08 09:04 PM
I'm extremely disappointed in everything they talked about. Mandatory 32 user leagues, no rookie draft from NCAA, no free agents...if they have the foresight to give us back the EA locker, there are ways around this but otherwise this news has got me rethinking a Madden purchase.

# 24 countryboy @ 04/29/08 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONF
You took the words right out of my mouth!! This is sad, sad a heck!! Please tell me that was an mis-labeled vid and actually was from 08. 2Ksports where are you!!!!!
You can find 2K in its proper forum.

And you guys are jumping the gun a bit. Like I stated, I would hold off on the "no new animations" until we get closer to the release of the game. Its been mentioned that they have new animations, lets wait to see them unveiled in a later video before climbing out of the ledge.

# 25 countryboy @ 04/29/08 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by auburntigersfan
too early to tell anything.
I don't think its too early to tell anything. The graphics and player models look good. That is something that we can take from the video. Also, one negative, was the pursuit angle taken by the DB on the TD pass.

But all in all, I think its too early to tell how good/bad the "meat and potatoes" of the gameplay is.

# 26 countryboy @ 04/29/08 09:10 PM
Quote:
after watching the vid again, it was boring to watch. I wonder if the same will apply to playing it.

Bottom-line, I can b&tch all I want, but EA's engine is flawed and we won't see a change in gameplay/real animation per the life span of the 360 and PS3. Or at least until 2010.
I agree its boring to watch. There was no atmosphere in the video whatsoever. But with that said, its early, so we'll have to wait and see how well done the commentary/atmosphere is in the game.

Only positive thing I seen about the video was the crowd getting excited as the WR was breaking free for the TD.

# 27 noplace @ 04/29/08 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
My feeling exactly...

# 28 Scott @ 04/29/08 09:12 PM
Quote:
Judging by what they are pushing for NCAA 09, Madden 08 will not change much.

Oh well!
Thanks for your fortune telling..

# 29 countryboy @ 04/29/08 09:15 PM
Quote:
Are your serious, or just wishful thinking? We are talking about EA. 5 to 7 redundant new animations will be present. Come on. Look at their track record. The game per the vid is an exact duplicate of 08 and they actually release it as new footage??? The entire gameplay is tired and typical. You have to demand better!
Please man, don't jump down my throat because of my opinion/observation. And EA didn't label as a new video, the OP did, and maybe IGN.

All I have said thus far, is that before I call '09 the same game as '08, I am going to wait until closer to the release date and see newer videos. Thats it. Just because my opinion is different then yours, doesn't mean you need to validate your opinion at my expense.

# 30 Scott @ 04/29/08 09:16 PM
Quote:
Your welcome. But if you tip on over to the NCAA distro and check out the lastest vids and offering, are you saying there is a difference?

I guess I am just fed up about our ONLY FOOTBALL TITLE!
Well the game speed is a lot faster on NCAA...

# 31 countryboy @ 04/29/08 09:17 PM
Quote:
Your welcome. But if you tip on over to the NCAA distro and check out the lastest vids and offering, are you saying there is a difference?

I guess I am just fed up about our ONLY FOOTBALL TITLE!
Again, its not your only football title. Last I checked, stores were still selling NFL2K5 and people were still playing it with updated rosters. Instead of complaining about "our only football title" maybe you should tiptoe in the 2k forums and get directions on how to play that game with updated rosters.

# 32 Scott @ 04/29/08 09:19 PM
Also, don't forget Head Coach is a football title

# 33 countryboy @ 04/29/08 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Also, don't forget Head Coach is a football title
You can't "play" the games in Head Coach though.

# 34 djordan @ 04/29/08 09:41 PM
Looks good...I wish they would scrap those wack *** tackle animations....

O yeah IGN already stated it was from an early build hence no commentators...

# 35 blackngoldfan @ 04/29/08 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Looks good...I wish they would scrap those wack *** tackle animations....

O yeah IGN already stated it was from an early build hence no commentators...
It was pretty much like watching replays with a PA announcer and crowd noise.

Missing:
Commentary
Stat overlays
Panning the crowd/stadium
Playmaker menus
Playcall screen
Weapons
TD celebrations (C'mon, Favre's on the cover. YOU KNOW the Lambeau Leap will be in the game!!)

Yes, the animations in the vid are horrible, but the NCAA 09 trailer shows some of the new animations to come.
http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/1...es_042508.html

# 36 Scott @ 04/29/08 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
You can't "play" the games in Head Coach though.
sadly, if you could, I wouldn't need Madden.

# 37 countryboy @ 04/29/08 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
sadly, if you could, I wouldn't need Madden.
Amen to that.

# 38 Scott @ 04/29/08 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Amen to that.
*dreams of a time when HC & Madden become one*

# 39 callmetaternuts @ 04/29/08 09:47 PM
Looks good, but to be nitpicky, the foot prints in the snow disappear after every play. Maybe they have that fixed. Didnt see too much of a difference in gameplay

# 40 green94 @ 04/29/08 10:08 PM
Ugh.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.