Home
Madden 09 News Post

IGN has posted the first online league details for Madden 09, including a video clip of the game in action.

Quote:
"When it comes to sports videogames it doesn't get much bigger than the yearly release of Madden Football. Some complain it's the same game year in and year out, but that doesn't stop droves of pigskin fanatics from lining up outside of their local retailers in hopes of scoring a copy. With the announcement of Brett Favre as the cover athlete for Madden NFL 09 the ball has begun to roll heading toward the game's August release."

Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 IStillDoWhatIDo @ 04/30/08 02:38 PM
when i saw videos of 08 before it came out. I thought it looked like 07.5. exactly same graphics, different player models, but faster fram rate. I bought 08 anyway, and no longer play it.

09 looks like 08.5. exact same graphics, improved player models and weather, but just different between play animations and zooms.

I think it's time for Madden to consider either:
a. an ENTIRELY new interface, or
b. Giving us the option of different camera angles

because it's not that Maddens are that bad, they're just stale and we've been playing the same thing for years.

# 82 EWRMETS @ 04/30/08 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauro78
Agree 100%.
The pace of the game is not reproduced well.
It's incredible how EA is unable to put some emotions in that game.

I still can't imagine what 2k would be able to do if they had the NFL license.
A solid game with tons of bugs, few roster updates, and a bad franchise mode.

# 83 noplace @ 04/30/08 03:00 PM
This is next gen stadiums with last gens gameplay. Normally what you see in these early clips is what you get. Tired of people saying its too early to tell. Whats too early to tell is the same things that should have been improved or removed are still there & will be there when the game releases. I seen absolutely nothing different outside the weather & player models. It almost looks & plays like last gen PS2/X-box with better stadiums & weather IMO.

# 84 bigfnjoe96 @ 04/30/08 03:08 PM
Here's hoping that every team owner in your league doesn't have to be on your friends list in order to get games in...

# 85 IStillDoWhatIDo @ 04/30/08 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONF
after watching the vid again, it was boring to watch. I wonder if the same will apply to playing it.

Bottom-line, I can b&tch all I want, but EA's engine is flawed and we won't see a change in gameplay/real animation per the life span of the 360 and PS3. Or at least until 2010.
right. 06 was crap, 07 was crap, 08 was crap... so all they are doing is adding sugar to crap year after year. thats' why they need to start fresh. if u stink, u can't cover it with cologne cause it'll be worse. you need to take a shower!

as a matter of fact, if you take away the snow, and don't show huddle animations, JUST showing from the snap and beyond (ACTUAL GAMEPLAY), you could have told me it was 08 and I would have believed you.

# 86 BezO @ 04/30/08 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmac
I catch about six or seven home games a year and I have yet to see a stat overlay magically appear. The question is whether you are trying to replicate the game itself or the game as presented on television.
And I have yet to see a game without refs. Exactly. Irrelevant. Since there are announcers in the game this year, I assume EA is trying to replicate a television broadcast. I see stat overlays EVERY GAME, ALL GAME. And they magically appear too. You should see it. It's amazing.

Quote:
I'm more interested in the former (hence my concern over the animations).
I'm interested in the latter, and I'm still concerned with the animations. Your point?

# 87 seanmac @ 04/30/08 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
And I have yet to see a game without refs. Exactly. Irrelevant. Since there are announcers in the game this year, I assume EA is trying to replicate a television broadcast. I see stat overlays EVERY GAME, ALL GAME. And they magically appear too. You should see it. It's amazing.

I'm interested in the latter, and I'm still concerned with the animations. Your point?
My point is that I could care less about stat overlays and I'm not much interested in reading five pages worth of whining about their absence.

# 88 mauro78 @ 04/30/08 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
A solid game with tons of bugs, few roster updates, and a bad franchise mode.
Yes but 2k try to innovate on every iteration of their sports franchise. Look at 2k8 MLB; few very annoying bug, but overall the pace of the game is very good and there's some significant changes from 2k7.

Madden is the same shi* every ****ing year...

# 89 ewto16 @ 04/30/08 03:50 PM
Video = lame and boring

Looks like Madden 08 with snow.

# 90 EWRMETS @ 04/30/08 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauro78
Yes but 2k try to innovate on every iteration of their sports franchise. Look at 2k8 MLB; few very annoying bug, but overall the pace of the game is very good and there's some significant changes from 2k7.

Madden is the same shi* every ****ing year...
2k relies on unnecessary "innovations" (aka gimmicks) every year to make their games more complicated while ignoring improving basic gameplay. 2k nailed basketball but what other sport have they nailed?

This of course is unnecessary in a Madden thread but the same people want to bring up 2k in every EA thread. Last year people complain about their being no online leagues...this year the same people say EA shouldn't be devoting time to online leagues instead of focussing on gameplay.

Madden 08 wasn't a bad football game but was extremely boring because of the lack of presentation. This year it looks like they focussed on presentation and Madden 09 could be a great game. The massive amount of EA haters do not want to accept that.

# 91 eDotd @ 04/30/08 04:11 PM
Meh.

# 92 mauro78 @ 04/30/08 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
Madden 08 wasn't a bad football game but was extremely boring because of the lack of presentation. This year it looks like they focussed on presentation and Madden 09 could be a great game. The massive amount of EA haters do not want to accept that.
I think that EA has no excuse for fumble and INT glitch that ruined NCAA 08 and Madden 08. Also they've ESPN license from 2006 and they never ever used it. What about no pocket and the interaction between DL/OL in their football games?

I don't hate EA, for ex. NHL 08 and MVP franchise were great.

With the budget that EA has for a game like that, they must provide great football game; Madden on next gen is mediocre at best.

Regards

# 93 BezO @ 04/30/08 05:07 PM
Quote:
My point is that I could care less about stat overlays and I'm not much interested in reading five pages worth of whining about their absence.
I got that from your initial smart *** comment. I guess I should've just asked what's the point of being a smart ***.

And I'm tired of people whining about other people's whining, disgusing it behind smart *** comments, but I know it's part of OS.

# 94 countryboy @ 04/30/08 05:57 PM
We all knew pretty much how this thread would end up

# 95 Scott @ 04/30/08 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
We all knew pretty much how this thread would end up
Apparently, people don't know find the 2k5 forum.

# 96 countryboy @ 04/30/08 06:02 PM
I am going to ask a question. And before I ask this question, I understand that this is a public forum and that people have to right to voice their opinions, but I am going to ask anyways.

To those of you who say that you are not buying the game for one reason or another, why do you continue to post in the Madden forum? If you are so disappointed in the product, why does it bother you so much that others enjoy it?

Ok, that was two questions...

I really don't care one way or the other, although its annoying at times to have to sift through the same type of posts from the same people, but nevertheless, it is an open forum and people have the right to voice their opinions. So maybe, I have answered my own question.

# 97 RaychelSnr @ 04/30/08 07:54 PM
I saw a few people are under the impression that online leagues are 32 human players only when in fact they are 2-32 human players according to Phil Frazier (from a post on the MM forums). Also, the Flex Scheduling allows for players to be added or dropped from the league on the fly. So if a player drops out, you can easily add another player and the schedule will adjust to get them their games.

# 98 countryboy @ 04/30/08 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvesdereuter
Maybe it has something to do with viewing EA as a bunch of swindlers and they would prefer that EA earn money and not swindle people out of it.
But my question still remains.

The question is not "Why aren't you buying Madden?"

And I am buying Madden and don't feel as though I am being swindled out of it. EA has a job. To sell the game. Our job as consumers is to determine whether or not the product that is being presented is worth the asking price.

# 99 ODogg @ 04/30/08 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvesdereuter
Maybe it has something to do with viewing EA as a bunch of swindlers and they would prefer that EA earn money and not swindle people out of it.
If you don't feel EA's games are not worth the money then it's simple: don't buy them. There is really no excuse in this day and age with the internet, forums and rentals to accuse any company that makes video games of being swindlers, even the companys that make games far, far worse than EA's games.

# 100 ODogg @ 04/30/08 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
I agree. I dont buy them. I play the demo and if i am disappointed (which i am 100 percent of the time) i just stay away, but i will at least give them a go.
That makes complete sense. That is also what I do for all of my games. Well except the no-brainers like GTA IV and Rainbow Six Vegas 2 of course. Even those I read reviews before buying though.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.