Home
Madden 09 News Post

Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 pf8363 @ 05/02/08 07:06 PM
Is it just me, or did that video look REALLY FREAKIN SIMILAR to this... http://youtube.com/watch?v=dxyTUaqm2GU in terms of player models and lighting and whatnot.

# 82 Spectre @ 05/02/08 07:10 PM
Player models look nice, as does the lighting. Still no semblance of accurate offensive line play and QBs can still back-peddle their way out of the pocket at will. The animations are still pretty ugly though, which is a shame because the player models look good.

At least they got the graphics right on this try. I'll almost certainly pass on this since I don't have time for too many games though. Hopefully its good.

# 83 SageInfinite @ 05/02/08 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDOgF0reL1fe
So did no one see what i saw? With bradys dropback being different than mannings? Cuz in real life, Brady holds the ball by his hips, while typically most other QBs hold it up by their chest.
The both looked the same to me.

# 84 cgalligan @ 05/02/08 07:30 PM
still no refs huh?

i guess the ball is just going to spot itself again this season?

the ball just knows if its a 1st down or not, no measurements or anything huh?...

its cool, cuz i didnt expect these things anyway...

but hey, as long as the lighting looks good... lmao, pop in your copy of 2k5, turn progressive scan on, thats 480p for you noobs out there, compare the two lighting effects...

RACK ME!!!

# 85 countryboy @ 05/02/08 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalligan
still no refs huh?

the ball just knows if its a 1st down or not, no measurements or anything huh?...

but hey, as long as the lighting looks good... lmao, pop in your copy of 2k5, turn progressive scan on, thats 480p for you noobs out there, compare the two lighting effects...

RACK ME!!!
These types of posts are really unnecessary man. I understand your frustration or dislike for the game, but to post nonsense such as this to only get a rise out of people is uncalled for.

# 86 King Gro23 @ 05/02/08 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy

Liked the video.

The shaking camera on the Moss TD? Anyone know why that was happening?
like a chase cam view sorta like roadie run on Gears

# 87 Harlemal @ 05/02/08 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalligan
still no refs huh?

RACK ME!!!
SH!t like this is stupid. we know u love NFL2k. why comment if you already dont like the game. and im pretty sure u knew dam well there were no refs, so why post.

# 88 countryboy @ 05/02/08 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gro23
like a chase cam view sorta like roadie run on Gears
I wouldn't know...

# 89 BigL @ 05/02/08 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joborule
At 1:07, the Giants line faced a 3-4 with the RB coming up the 3 hole. There was two TE on the play, therefore all the players had a defender man up. Pretty simple blocking right?

Well instead, the TE on the left went to the DE that was head up on the left guard, leaving the left (on the screen) outside lineback free to get the RB right when he gets the ball.

This is the type of stuff I'm talking about that killed Madden for me. The idoitic AI like that. YOU ALWAYS TAKE THE MAN UP!!! It's that simple. Why is my TE going off to block a defender that's man up on someone else? ESPECIALLY when the handoff is to his side of the field. Him doing a proper block would have change what was a loss of yards to a gain of yards.

Not impressed. I understand it happening to someone who has low AWR, but even still, it would be VERY RARE we should see that, because that's what get players cut from High School football for god sake.
The blocking on that play was actually correct. Watch the replay very closely, the backside guard was supposed to pull over the ball which means he was supposed to kick out the OLBER on that play. But if you watch the replay when he pulls he bumps into the center and and just ended up turning around andtaking he man in front of him. So Shockey coming down to double he DE was actuallythe right play cause the guard was supposed to get the linebacker.

But your point in general is correct, the OLINE play looks very sloppy.

# 90 green94 @ 05/02/08 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pf8363
Is it just me, or did that video look REALLY FREAKIN SIMILAR to this... http://youtube.com/watch?v=dxyTUaqm2GU in terms of player models and lighting and whatnot.
Difference is that video has a ref on the field.

# 91 green94 @ 05/02/08 08:05 PM
Fact of the matter is, the game *looks* great. Lighting, player models, turf all look outstanding. Gameplay even seems a little more polished than past years.... BUT

The sidelines still look like ****. The crowd looks awful. No refs or chain gang.

# 92 BigL @ 05/02/08 09:05 PM
I dont see how the player models look good, look at vince wilfork, ever see the size of his gut? In the game he is lean with a washboard stomach. Its atrocious.

# 93 Pared @ 05/02/08 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arseniotall
really? I dont see it. It looks like the same gameplay to me. Speed still is the only thing that matters. Am I lookin at the wrong video?
Can't say that speed is the only thing because the pursuit angles are bad.

Knowing that, as long as the turnovers aren't an issue, I'm ok. This game actually looks like it's trying to capture the crowd intensity of an NFL game....

That's all I want. Madden is decent but as long as they're trying I'll enjoy the game. And it's obvious their trying this year. Plenty of post play cuts that actually make sense... great stat overlays... lots of nice little additions.

I'm far from a Madden ***** but IMO if you can't tell they're trying to engross the player, then you should get out of football gaming. They're not going to scrap the engine but they're at least doing more with it.

# 94 noshun @ 05/02/08 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigL
I dont see how the player models look good, look at vince wilfork, ever see the size of his gut? In the game he is lean with a washboard stomach. Its atrocious.
Exactly, EA just doesnt pay attention to detail unless it involves a dollar sign.

# 95 marshallfever @ 05/02/08 09:14 PM
Just watched the video. I have to say the most impressive thing was the presentation for sure. It looked fantastic. Not only that but they even removed all the on screen icons to give it more of that t.v feeling. Everything just seems to fit perfectly. Not sure if that is what the Superbowl games are going to feel like, but there was definitely a great sense of atmosphere in that video.

Gameplay wise, i can't say too much. I didn't really play 08 deeply to get a sense of the animations and new tweaks. I'm definitely getting 09, went one season without a football game and this season i need one badly. Its good to see that their doing something to spruce up the game.

# 96 thmst30 @ 05/02/08 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pf8363
Unfortunately everything else about that bull crap promo vid is still missing. The better animations, incredibly in-depth atmosphere, the player and coach interactions, etc. I still remember when people saw that a lot said there is no way we get that for at least 3 years, while some said they believed EA would deliver in year 1. Well here we are 3 years later and still not even close.

# 97 thejake @ 05/02/08 10:39 PM
Looks like during the playcalling screen you dont get to see any of the field and players and stuff. That is different than it has been right?

# 98 edubbs @ 05/02/08 11:20 PM
I just hope that each team plays different this year. I want to see the Pats throwing deep to Moss, the Bengals spreading the passes around to different receivers, Romo throwing deep to TO, the Vikings using their 2 back attack etc.

If they can't get the team tendacies right, this game will get boring real quick. I want every game played in season mode to be different. Madden has all of the team's playbooks, now they need to find a way to get the AI to mimic the tendacies of the teams IRL.

# 99 FresnoST. @ 05/03/08 01:58 AM
That trailer looked nice but I'm still gonna rent it first. EA are experts at the trailer with the music attached.

# 100 Goffs @ 05/03/08 08:06 AM
yuck worst oline/dline interaction ive ever seen...how the blockers would just stand up and not explode on the running plays...gah

i like the lighting though still not enough to impress me...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.