Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 HealyMonster @ 05/03/08 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swill43507
I am not blow away by this video.

while I am glad that they did some presentation stuff, all it appears they did was create a new score overlay and add new announcers. the announcers werent in the video so uyou dont know how good they were but its not like I felt like i was watching a tv broadcast with the announcers off. it felt like I was watching madden 08 with a new stat overlay and the radio guy turned off.

# 102 Nza @ 05/03/08 11:15 AM
Weren't they meant to be bringing in some ex-CFL guy to revamp the blocking or something?

Good job, ex-CFL guy.

# 103 edubbs @ 05/03/08 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
+1. If every team plays like the west coast offense, then what's the point of playing different teams?
I agree 100%.

The AI and the team tendacies were HORRIBLE in 08.

Like you said EVERY team in the game ran the same exact offense, it was ridiculously BORING playing against the CPU because of this.

I really hope they spent some time on the team tendacies this year.

# 104 WDOgF0reL1fe @ 05/03/08 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetaa6
What i immediately noticed (aside from the obvious improvements) is the ability to call up the replays very quickly. I love watching the replays after 90% of my plays and it was always a chore going into the menu and calling up the replay. I know it is a little thing but i like to see that stuff added.

This is a big one for me, too. I'm hoping they put in a Replay Frequency slider, like 2K5 had...that's right...2K friggin' 5!!
  • I actually liked the player intro's from last year, now they're gone-simple coin flip. How 'bout captains at midfield? What the heck?
I'm interested, but like many others now, will NOT buy this game until I read reviews on here from sim guys calling 09 a success. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 4 times, shame on me!
Actually. if you look closely at the video you can see the big helmets at the corner of the stadium. Im thinking either A) they skipped the intros, or B) they aren't quite ready to be showed yet.

# 105 countryboy @ 05/03/08 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edubbs
I agree 100%.

The AI and the team tendacies were HORRIBLE in 08.

Like you said EVERY team in the game ran the same exact offense, it was ridiculously BORING playing against the CPU because of this.

I really hope they spent some time on the team tendacies this year.
Agreed. To me, it also seemed as though the cpu didn't take full advantage of his "weapons" last year. Hopefully, they'll address both of these issues this year. I want to have to fear someone.

# 106 Stroehms @ 05/03/08 04:53 PM
Loved the video. The fumble looked realistic. Graphics were great, lighting awesome etc.

I had one concern though. Obviously this was a human vs. human game but still why was Moss wide open? lol.

# 107 SageInfinite @ 05/03/08 05:01 PM
Was that actually a fumble? It looked like a incomplete pass to me. Should've been challenged.

# 108 countryboy @ 05/03/08 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
Was that actually a fumble? It looked like a incomplete pass to me. Should've been challenged.
Honestly, I really couldn't tell what happened on that play.

# 109 Altimus @ 05/03/08 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Honestly, I really couldn't tell what happened on that play.
Did the ball hit the ground? Looked like it popped out and fell on the player and then he picked it up of him.

# 110 countryboy @ 05/03/08 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus GTR
Did the ball hit the ground? Looked like it popped out and fell on the player and then he picked it up of him.
I am going to watch it again and see if maybe thats what happened. I seriously lost track of the football.

# 111 coogrfan @ 05/03/08 09:11 PM
Watching the HD version it seems clear to me that it was a fumble. The wr goes up to make the catch, gets both feet down, and then the ball comes out.

# 112 countryboy @ 05/03/08 10:51 PM
after watching the 2 more times, I am still not sure what happened on that turnover.

The other thing is on Randy Moss TD, I complained about the bad pursuit angle taken by the defender. Well, after watching again, the angle didn't seem to be cause of the breakaway TD, but more or less the fact that the last defender that Moss beat was a LB. Now, I am not saying that pursuit angles are perfect or are not a problem in the game because it was apparent in the GB/Min video shown earlier.

One more thing, I wish they would get someone to play the game that actually wants to sit in the pocket and make a pass instead of running around like a chicken with his head cutoff.

# 113 SageInfinite @ 05/03/08 11:08 PM
I guess the rewind feature is in regular gameplay .

# 114 LingeringRegime @ 05/03/08 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
I guess the rewind feature is in regular gameplay .
I was wondering about this whole feature also. So, basically it is a do-over for any play that you run? It would be nice to see your mistake, but I don't think it is good that you can run the play again. Unless it is a exclusive game mode or something.

# 115 SageInfinite @ 05/03/08 11:22 PM
It was definitely not a fumble IMO. He caught the ball and made no football moves. The ball was definitely not a fumble IMO.

I also noticed the Giants have lower socks in the video . Maybe it's a team detail that EA has added.

Also it looks like they added some post play interaction between players. I noticed players side stepping each other and stepping around each other after the play ala APF .

Also, it worries me that this video comes from EA with the developers playing like this dropping back 15 yards. It just shows me they have no interest in providing a sim style play.

# 116 PacMan3000 @ 05/03/08 11:59 PM
Can some explain what they loved about the presentation? When the video first started, I thought the outside stadium shot was great. But that was really it.

No TV camera cut scenes. No stat overlays. No complete roster lineup overlays. I'm actually disappointed.

# 117 spankdatazz22 @ 05/04/08 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
One more thing, I wish they would get someone to play the game that actually wants to sit in the pocket and make a pass instead of running around like a chicken with his head cutoff.
The problem is the game almost invites you to do that because of the OL/DL play though. Not trying to absolve the idiot gamers, but it's natural to want to get away from pressure. In real life it isn't that easy to move left/right to open space and have comfortable throwing lanes. In Madden, it is [easy].

# 118 countryboy @ 05/04/08 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
Can some explain what they loved about the presentation? When the video first started, I thought the outside stadium shot was great. But that was really it.

No TV camera cut scenes. No stat overlays. No complete roster lineup overlays. I'm actually disappointed.
Stat overlays are in the game according to the Q&A session with Phil Frazier over at EA's website. I am guessing they are only available during franchise/season games.

As for the complete roster lineup, I am thinking that the human player pressed a button to skip the complete lineup overlays. I can't believe that what was shown was it. I guess I'll have to find out for myself once the game drops.

And I am not sure what you are meaning by TV camera cut scenes. There were cut scenes that showed the players close up and a TV style replay within that video.

# 119 countryboy @ 05/04/08 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
The problem is the game almost invites you to do that because of the OL/DL play though. Not trying to absolve the idiot gamers, but it's natural to want to get away from pressure. In real life it isn't that easy to move left/right to open space and have comfortable throwing lanes. In Madden, it is [easy].
I agree. But I was hoping that someone with football knowledge was playing the game and would stay in the pocket so we could get a better assessment on how the OL/DL interaction was this year.

# 120 TDKing @ 05/04/08 09:36 AM
Seemed kinda hazy inside the stadium. I thought my screen was dirty, was that a fog game ? Left over smoke from fireworks ? Are all games going to look like that ? It wasn't a crisp clear picture at all. Are they saving the clear crisp games for rivalry matchups ? Maybe it was just the quality of this video ?
I think that pass was an INT. Does the ball ever hit the ground ? It looks like that maybe the defender picks the ball up as its bouncing off the receiver.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.