Home
News Post

GameSpot has posted a video interview and official movie 2 of NCAA Football 09.

Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 seanmac @ 05/08/08 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
It's not a "pocket" problem. It's a blocking mechanic problem. Yes, there is a curved formation in front of the QB, but the DEs are still stuck to the OTs. It looks like a pocket, but I don't think this is what most have in mind.

2 things I'd like to see: 1. A system where the blocker & defender don't always engage. They need a way for blocks to be successful without the defender getting stuck to the blocker. Sometimes a successful block is simply sealing a defender off. Blockers shouldn't be able to stop defenders from moving laterally without holding.

2. The engaged blocks need some mobility. When players are engaged, they need to be able to flow towards the play. This is another way a block can be successful without nulifiying the defender completely, or pancaking him. The blocker should be able to ride the defender beyond the play.

With this "pocket" we see in the vids, QBs can still moonwalk out of the pocket because these 2 things are not in the game. It doesn't matter that the DE/OT get depth if they're still stuck to eachother. The DEs need to be able to move freely, except through the OT. Add some hand fighting.

I did see one promising clip where an Auburn DE was touched by an OT but didn't engage. But I think it was because of a well timed swim move. But it looked perfect.
Beautifully said. I would add a third thing- interior linemen who are not engaged need to help out their teammates rather than standing around doing nothing. All of the OL/DL interactions are 1-on-1, when in reality teams make sure they have enough blockers to double-team at least one if not two of the defenders. Never happens in EA games.

# 22 babyfat9 @ 05/08/08 05:13 PM
I'm still extremely dissapointed with the pregame....Next Gen game with all the power and it's still lacking from that of the Old Gen....plus it's been 8 years now.....at least EA can add new commentaries from Corso and the boys !!!!!!

# 23 Badboy49er @ 05/08/08 05:16 PM
Im impressed the game is looking very good to me. So far more so than what ive seen of Madden so far. The online dynasties up to 60 seasons is phenominal....especially being able to kick and bring in new players and or teams. Funny how in the interview they take a shot at Madden only being able to play 1 year online league vs 60 for NCAA lol.

I have also liked the fast and fluid movement NCAA seems to have as well...im getting hyped for this game the more i see it

# 24 countryboy @ 05/08/08 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyfat9
I'm still extremely dissapointed with the pregame....Next Gen game with all the power and it's still lacking from that of the Old Gen....plus it's been 8 years now.....at least EA can add new commentaries from Corso and the boys !!!!!!
agreed.

Nothing gets me more pumped for a game then seeing a coin flip high above the stadium.

# 25 muggins @ 05/08/08 07:58 PM
Gameplay looks same old same old but this could be baby football and I'd buy it for online dynasty. At least it sounds like they really did something non-half *** with a feature for a change.

# 26 stunna23 @ 05/08/08 08:43 PM
Wow, this online dynasty looks and sounds absolutely incredible. It almost sounds too good to be true, I can't wait until July 15th!

# 27 auburntigersfan @ 05/08/08 11:36 PM
lol, I guess kb has bad ratings

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.