Home
News Post

At my recent trip to EA Vancouver, I had the opportunity to video Owen Schmitt and DeSean Jackson, as they played against each other in NCAA Football 09.

Can you tell I'm an expert at the camcorder?

Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jfsolo @ 05/08/08 10:02 PM
A positive that I can see in the vid is that neither of the INT's were pick 6's.

# 2 drlw322 @ 05/08/08 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
A positive that I can see in the vid is that neither of the INT's were pick 6's.
and both were the players fault and not the super human DB or LB. i also saw that at the end of the a tackle when you near close to a uninvolved player, they no longer fall like a bowling pin. instead they try to avoid it.

# 3 bad_philanthropy @ 05/08/08 10:14 PM
I kind of like what I see, most of the big offensive plays were because of poor play calling on defense, the biggest drawback is definitely the QB's ability to escape the pocket because the DE play is rubbish. You did see the QB's not throwing the ball as well because they did not have their feet set. I think on both of Schmitt's INT's he had the QB throwing off his back foot. Also, no ridiculous pass defense plays by DB's or LB's! DE play aside, with some slider adjustments this game could be seriously entertaining.

It was also a cool animation when the player got driven out of bound but didn't go down and he sort of swatted the defender's arm away from him after the play.

# 4 Rocky @ 05/08/08 10:17 PM
LOL at Schmitt getting all the composure questions wrong.

Anyways, it's not groundbreaking gameplay wise....but it'll do for online dynasties.

# 5 Solidice @ 05/08/08 10:20 PM
Poor, poor, Owen. not sure what Level they were playing at, but the accuracy of the throws while on the run weren't as good as '08. in fact 2 were picked off.(i think he was running on both of them)

base on some of the vids so far, I'm going to be terrible on Defense in '09.

# 6 countryboy @ 05/08/08 10:25 PM
lol @ DeSean trying the hurry up offensive of attack after being tackled at the one.

# 7 countryboy @ 05/08/08 10:28 PM
I think its safe to say that Owen won't be involved in any trick plays at the next level where he is asked to throw the football.

# 8 countryboy @ 05/08/08 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky

Anyways, it's not groundbreaking gameplay wise....
Not groundbreaking, but solid, imo.

# 9 LBzrule @ 05/08/08 10:30 PM
I really think that QB thing is pretty damn cool where you have to select which play the defense was running.

# 10 Rocky @ 05/08/08 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Not groundbreaking, but solid, imo.
Yes, if you suspend the belief that this game is actually a simulation of college football.

Seriously, the game is what it is. As long as it provides a challenge and there are no stupid gameplay flaws that prevent me from getting immersed in my dynasty, I'm good. I've already given up on this game being somewhat sim.

# 11 countryboy @ 05/08/08 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
Yes, if you suspend the belief that this game is actually a simulation of college football.
While that may be, its a game of College Football. So long as its fun(which it is to me) and I enjoy it(which I do), I am happy.

# 12 AuburnAlumni @ 05/08/08 11:33 PM
It's a pretty good sim guys, some folks are really overreacting.

Most of these guys don't play sim ball anyway, combined with the fact that they are probably playing on Default Freshman or Varsity.

With slider tweaks and folks who play true sim ball, it's a damn good game and has been for years.

# 13 babyfat9 @ 05/09/08 12:14 AM
Looks nice but ....why doesn't EA fix the pass protection....no QB drops 20 yards back to make a pass !!!!!

# 14 SteelerSpartan @ 05/09/08 12:18 AM
Hell Yes...Finally WVU's Blue pants/White shirts are in!

Maybe Owen told them to get them in there....I think its one of the teams favs if not "the" favorite. They've won a lot of big games in them in recent years.

As for the gameplay....well its still a mixed bag for me however Im staying somewhat hopeful.

Info on how well the sliders work out this year may make or break the game for me.

And damm was Devine's acceleration to the edge fast

# 15 madmastermind @ 05/09/08 12:48 AM
The game looks crazy fast (which is cool), and open field tackles look like they're going to be hella hard to stop.

All-n-all, the game looks good.

# 16 Scott @ 05/09/08 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyfat9
Looks nice but ....why doesn't EA fix the pass protection....no QB drops 20 yards back to make a pass !!!!!
I guess this goes to show that even former college athletes don't like sim

# 17 SageInfinite @ 05/09/08 03:07 AM
I can't even front this game looks like alot of fun.Im really trying not to get caught up in the hype!!! I can feel myself wanting to play this game more now tho.

This game would be amazing with about 10,000 more animations(blocking, better gang tackling, more player interaction, ect..) and a better TV broadcast direction because the graphics and lighting look sick. Id also like to see better sidelines. The players look too far away from the field. Refs and chain gangs would help with the atmosphere as well. Oh what could be EA/Tiburon......

# 18 Rivals @ 05/09/08 04:14 AM
I loved that DeSean went no huddle on the 1-yard line! You can tell he plays this game frequently. Unfortunately, Owen must play with the Corona guys in the other video. LOL

I will say that I'm starting to think that the ball carriers are too fast in the open field. On that first touchdown reception, the Cal receiver goes into warp speed and destroys the angles. Jahvid Best ain't even that fast.

# 19 Rocky @ 05/09/08 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
It's a pretty good sim guys, some folks are really overreacting.

Most of these guys don't play sim ball anyway, combined with the fact that they are probably playing on Default Freshman or Varsity.

With slider tweaks and folks who play true sim ball, it's a damn good game and has been for years.
It would be nice for a game that doesn't punish you to somewhat sim. You should see the stuff that my boys try to pull when we play. They ALWAYS put their faster QB in because the fast QB is much more effective and there is little difference between a great pocket QB and a poor passing scrambling QB in terms of throwing the football. At least you can nano blitz the holy hell out of the pocket QB.

# 20 DaImmaculateONe @ 05/09/08 07:44 AM
Ohh well there always next year isnt that Ea motto, Well at least the player models and the stadiums look good. Why is it that qb's still continue to throw 40-50 yards down the field on a rope while their scrambling outside the pocket.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.