Home
News Post

Here is part 2 of 2, more random gamers.

Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 McLite @ 05/09/08 04:09 PM
I'll buy it...just like I do every year, and hope that everything turns out better this time!

EA owns my football soul. 2k owns my basketball soul. Rockstar owns everything else.

# 2 noplace @ 05/09/08 04:15 PM
The idiot playing with OSU is really exposing the games flaws...Come on EA stop this madness

# 3 Solidice @ 05/09/08 04:19 PM
i do like the new snow textures on the field.

it looks like the guy that played with Cincinnati is the first guy i have seen a video of for '09 that didn't drop back 20 yards and/or scramble every pass play.

# 4 shanemaddox @ 05/09/08 04:22 PM
From what I can tell, it appears that Cincinnati's new uniforms are in too. It seems that EA has been on the ball this year about going to the school and saying "hey, we need your uniforms and helmets to make our game". I realize this is a long time coming, especially with the alternates. I do like the field textures a lot too. Gameplay looks to similar to last year, in my opinion. I will buy it anyway.

Shane

# 5 drlw322 @ 05/09/08 04:23 PM
yes, finally a option for sock length on the player edit screen.

now when i play with SC i dont have to be annoyed by the mid length socks on every player

# 6 noplace @ 05/09/08 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlw322
yes, finally a option for sock length on the player edit screen.

now when i play with SC i dont have to be annoyed by the mid length socks on every player
Where did you see that? I stopped watching....

# 7 Rocky @ 05/09/08 04:47 PM
I will say.....visually, this game looks amazing.

# 8 ezekiel55 @ 05/09/08 05:48 PM
I love how the game punishes you for staying in the pocket with innacurrate throws, and rewards

you for dropping back 15 yards and scrambling towards the sideline and throwing a 40 yard pass

on the money.

# 9 therizing02 @ 05/09/08 05:50 PM
The more I watch videos of this game the more I think the game speed is a bit too fast. The animations are very jerky. It's as if the agility and quickness ratings of everyone are at 100.

# 10 Blaxican8504 @ 05/09/08 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zekey55
I love how the game punishes you for staying in the pocket with innacurrate throws, and rewards

you for dropping back 15 yards and scrambling towards the sideline and throwing a 40 yard pass

on the money.
In the little I saw, the guy using Cincinnati stayed in the pocket and marched up and down the field.

# 11 drlw322 @ 05/09/08 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
Where did you see that? I stopped watching....
towards the end of the clip it shows the player edit screen, you have to blow the screen up to see it. it said sock length

# 12 bad_philanthropy @ 05/09/08 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaxican8504
In the little I saw, the guy using Cincinnati stayed in the pocket and marched up and down the field.
Yeah the guy using Cinci seemed to have a much better time passing compared to the Missouri guy, it was especially evident on the TD pass where he went over the CB's head and his his receiver perfectly in stride in the endzone.

# 13 J-Unit40 @ 05/09/08 06:45 PM
The game speed seems to be too fast without taking momentum into account.

How about the player from UGA busting out the "You can't see me" after scoring a touchdown. I like it!

I wish this game had a game speed setting for slow, normal and fast. Oh well. I'm still pretty excited about July 15.

I don't even worry about the clowns that drop back 20 yds or rollout every play because I will never play morons like that (unless the CPU does it or one my on-line dynasty participants).

# 14 clw22580 @ 05/09/08 07:00 PM
Looks like the same ole same ole gameplay wise from EA. VERY skeptical about 09.

# 15 ODogg @ 05/09/08 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clw22580
Looks like the same ole same ole gameplay wise from EA. VERY skeptical about 09.
Not really, lots more dropped passes and I think the game speed looks much improved. I know a lot of folks think it looks too fast but the PS2 version is what many of us feel is the best control and if you are watching it, it does look too fast, but if you're playing it, it doesn't feel too fast at all.

# 16 SageInfinite @ 05/09/08 08:39 PM
The camcorder videos always get me more excited about a game.

# 17 qpc123 @ 05/09/08 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40

How about the player from UGA busting out the "You can't see me" after scoring a touchdown. I like it!
It's "I can't I feel my face"

# 18 davin @ 05/09/08 09:36 PM
OSU guy on a 2 point conversion, drops back to about the 33, then throws to Wells for the conversion... Drop back 31 yards on a 2 point conversion... how that is not intercepted is beyond me.

# 19 Rivals @ 05/10/08 12:01 AM
While they've made a physics engine for running and cutting, they haven't made one for passing. Throwing the ball off your back foot should kill the velocity of your pass.

# 20 ODogg @ 05/10/08 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivals
While they've made a physics engine for running and cutting, they haven't made one for passing. Throwing the ball off your back foot should kill the velocity of your pass.
100% agreed!!!

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.