Home
News Post

GameSpot has posted their "On the Spot" Demo video of Don King Presents: Prizefighter.

Game: Don King Presents: PrizefighterReader Score: 3.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 10 - View All
Don King Presents: Prizefighter Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Ceothachosen1 @ 05/10/08 01:16 PM
im not really impressed

# 2 fistofrage @ 05/11/08 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU_DW2

Also, one final question. Why were the rounds only 2:00 long in the Exhibition match? Why were the training rounds only 1:00 long? Shouldn't 3:00 rounds be standard throughout the game for a boxing game?
I am glad they have the option of using 2 minute rounds. 3 minutes is just too long for a video game. I don't want to play Madden with only 15 minute quarters and I don't want to play a boxing game with 3 real minute rounds. It throws the stats out of whack.

# 3 fistofrage @ 05/12/08 09:15 AM
^^Just give me the option to play rounds however long I want to play them. Just like I said, I don't play football games with 15 minute quarters so I don't want to play a boxing game with 3 minute rounds. In real boxing there can often be 15 or 20 second lulls without a punch thrown, multiple clinches, ref taking his time separatring fighters, etc. In a video game, 3 minute rounds will most likely result in 100+ punches per round and consequently too many KO's.

I am not going to debate with you about playing NCAA football on 15 minute quarters, but if I did that I would roll over the 100 point mark in most games I played with ridiculous stats because I get a realistic amount of plays with 7 minute quarters.

Too each his own, just give me options unlike FN which was 3 minute round only in career mode.

# 4 allBthere @ 05/12/08 12:50 PM
the game should force you to play sim to win...i you can get away with playing like the producer and still win, I probably won't be interested.

I don't want to have to be 'responsible' for making the game seem like a sim.

# 5 fistofrage @ 05/12/08 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
the game should force you to play sim to win...i you can get away with playing like the producer and still win, I probably won't be interested.

I don't want to have to be 'responsible' for making the game seem like a sim.
Exactly, I am tired of having to make house rules to deal with programming or design flaws in these sports games.

# 6 aholbert32 @ 05/12/08 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Exactly, I am tired of having to make house rules to deal with programming or design flaws in these sports games.
There has never been a sports game where I havent had to make up house rules to avoid programming flaws. I had to do it with NFL 2k5, NBA2k8, Madden, NCAA and Fight Night and every sports game I've played. The fact is they are games and will never be perfect. There will always be flaws and game exploits.

# 7 aholbert32 @ 05/12/08 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
^^Just give me the option to play rounds however long I want to play them. Just like I said, I don't play football games with 15 minute quarters so I don't want to play a boxing game with 3 minute rounds. In real boxing there can often be 15 or 20 second lulls without a punch thrown, multiple clinches, ref taking his time separatring fighters, etc. In a video game, 3 minute rounds will most likely result in 100+ punches per round and consequently too many KO's.

I am not going to debate with you about playing NCAA football on 15 minute quarters, but if I did that I would roll over the 100 point mark in most games I played with ridiculous stats because I get a realistic amount of plays with 7 minute quarters.

Too each his own, just give me options unlike FN which was 3 minute round only in career mode.

Absolutely agree with this.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.