Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Von Dozier @ 05/10/08 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
Look great, I'm definitely pumped.

However... our first Wii vids and they show us a Mascot game??? What is the fascination with that mode??

I'll never get it...
Wii is the C game, on a children's console. There's a reason there isn't any hype or care for it

# 22 Wjkporter @ 05/12/08 03:30 PM
I just don't get the whole Mascot game thing......

SO true!!!!... Who Cares!!! if you can play mascot game. I don't!

# 23 Rivals @ 05/12/08 05:42 PM
Loved the slower gameplay. The offenses, from the inside-out, were more methodical in their movement, which is more realistic. And I'm actually pleased that EA is calming the crowd noise down to a certain degree. To really accentuate home field advantage, you need contrast. Intense situations aren't as intense when the crowd is jumping around and screaming the whole game. Real football games have lulls, and those lulls make 4th and goal at the 2-yard line even more intense.

Think of it this way... would Master of Puppets be as heavy without the acoustic interlude?

# 24 thejake @ 05/12/08 05:43 PM
Whats up with the playclock? It starts at 40 seconds and then at some point jumps down to 24 seconds.

# 25 Solidice @ 05/12/08 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejake
Whats up with the playclock? It starts at 40 seconds and then at some point jumps down to 24 seconds.
looks like a newer build where they added the 40 second play clock, but the old code overrode it when they got to the play selection screen.

# 26 Rivals @ 05/13/08 02:22 AM
I didn't realize the Wii was that pathetic. For some reason, I assumed the Nintendo was still in competition with Microsoft and Sony. All those brilliant arcade features EA comes up with for NCAA football need to live and die on the Wii.

# 27 rudyjuly2 @ 05/13/08 08:48 AM
I love the faster gameplay. I didn't like the slower speed last year nor do I think the faster gameplay is arcade like. In fact, I think last year's game speed was very unrealistic and didn't represent the sport well at all. Look how long it takes a guy in the open to cover 40 yards last year. I swear its almost 8 seconds for some WRs.

# 28 BlackJack @ 05/13/08 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivals
I didn't realize the Wii was that pathetic. For some reason, I assumed the Nintendo was still in competition with Microsoft and Sony. All those brilliant arcade features EA comes up with for NCAA football need to live and die on the Wii.
In terms of console sales, I believe the Wii is still doing great in competition

as for console performance, I do not think so.

# 29 rudyjuly2 @ 05/13/08 09:56 AM
The Wii isn't much more powerful than the original XBox. It can't hold a candle to the 360/PS3 in terms of processing power. Its still very successful as a family/party/fun console and does well that way. But its not for the hardcore sports gamer and I would expect the NCAA sales to fall far short of the PS3/360 sales despite the fact it has more consoles out.

# 30 Methlab @ 05/13/08 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivals
Loved the slower gameplay. The offenses, from the inside-out, were more methodical in their movement, which is more realistic. And I'm actually pleased that EA is calming the crowd noise down to a certain degree. To really accentuate home field advantage, you need contrast. Intense situations aren't as intense when the crowd is jumping around and screaming the whole game. Real football games have lulls, and those lulls make 4th and goal at the 2-yard line even more intense.

Think of it this way... would Master of Puppets be as heavy without the acoustic interlude?
The word to describe all of this is Dynamics.

I like this new video the best so far. The stadium looks really cool, and the game is starting to look pretty decent for that engine. Running game still looks a little awkward, but it helps to run off tackle if you call a counter.

# 31 Soonerd2 @ 05/13/08 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
The Wii isn't much more powerful than the original XBox. It can't hold a candle to the 360/PS3 in terms of processing power. Its still very successful as a family/party/fun console and does well that way. But its not for the hardcore sports gamer and I would expect the NCAA sales to fall far short of the PS3/360 sales despite the fact it has more consoles out.
Thats why I dumped my Wii. Too childish and behind the times for a big time sports gamer. Just decided to sell it off and keep the 360 only. I could get a PS3 from work for like 230 ish but don't think I need one as sports games, IMO, are the same on either system. It just depends on your controller preference.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.