Home
News Post

EA Sports has sent us a beta copy of NCAA Football 09, so you know what that means! For starters, here are the screenshots of all the team ratings.

NCAA Football 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 GJEM @ 05/14/08 01:31 AM
Great Work as usual Steve.

Yes I'm SOOOO pumped to be playing another year in generic stadiums maybe we can be so lucky as to play the Alamo and International bowls outdoors again.

I know we already knew that there was still generic stadiums in the game but I was was really hoping we would be proven wrong and I highly doubt they'll be adding stadiums before July.

# 22 AuburnAlumni @ 05/14/08 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICK JAMES 1914
Thanks alot for the ratings pics Steve! Some of these ratings are very confusing and down right discouraging IMO. How on earth can a team like Ole Miss who went 3-9 last year and 0-8 in SEC play (didn't win a single SEC game!) be an 84OVR 86OFF 87DEF. As a matter of fact they are rated higher than about 13 teams in the Top 25. What is this based on? Yet Kansas, a team that went 12-1, returns 16 starters and won the Orange Bowl comes in at a 77OVR . I venture to say these may not be final but they are quite puzzling.
It's Classic EA. The ratings never make sense.

--Alabama is rated as good or higher than Auburn for the upteenth year in a row, even though Auburn has one of the winningest programs over the last 5 years and Bammer is hovering around .500 and coming off another stellar 6-6 season with a loss to a Sun Belt team.

--Florida who was about as stiff on defense as wet tissue paper gets an insane 94 rating on defense..making them into a virtual steel curtain in the game.

--Florida State sloshes through yet another .500 ish season and gets their annual EA hand job with a 94 overall, 99 on defense (99?! Are kidding me EA?) including a 92 on offense...an offense that was one of the worst in the nation this year.

--Ohio State gets trounced for the second consecutive year in the MNC game...and doesn't miss a beat with All 99s!!! Woo Hoo!!!

I could list 10000 other ones, but you get the drift. It's been like this for years.

That being said..at least now recruiting and custom rosters can come into play in Dynasties as opposed to being strapped with these for Online Leagues.

# 23 o 99 PROBL3MS o @ 05/14/08 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
It's Classic EA. The ratings never make sense.

--Alabama is rated as good or higher than Auburn for the upteenth year in a row, even though Auburn has one of the winningest programs over the last 5 years and Bammer is hovering around .500 and coming off another stellar 6-6 season with a loss to a Sun Belt team.

--Florida who was about as stiff on defense as wet tissue paper gets an insane 94 rating on defense..making them into a virtual steel curtain in the game.

--Florida State sloshes through yet another .500 ish season and gets their annual EA hand job with a 94 overall, 99 on defense (99?! Are kidding me EA?) including a 92 on offense...an offense that was one of the worst in the nation this year.

--Ohio State gets trounced for the second consecutive year in the MNC game...and doesn't miss a beat with All 99s!!! Woo Hoo!!!

I could list 10000 other ones, but you get the drift. It's been like this for years.

That being said..at least now recruiting and custom rosters can come into play in Dynasties as opposed to being strapped with these for Online Leagues.

As ridiculous as these team ratings are...I don't even want to see the individual player ratings. we'll probably be pulling our teeth out. Its ridiculous to see so many teams rated this high. Two Teams at 99OVR I call b*ll on that one.

# 24 bad_philanthropy @ 05/14/08 01:48 AM
For all the flak EA has been getting recently, I think a lot of us appreciate them sending out a beta this early to OS, even if we do rip it apart. It seems as if they are making a statement to us here that they are listening.

I can't remember the last time OS had an NCAA beta, might have been 2002, I remember when Steve posted pics and videos from that game and it was the best coverage on the net.
and Ohio State

# 25 AuburnAlumni @ 05/14/08 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
For all the flak EA has been getting recently, I think a lot of us appreciate them sending out a beta this early to OS, even if we do rip it apart. It seems as if they are making a statement to us here that they are listening.

Ohio State
Oh the game is going to R-O-C-K.

But I'm definitely gonna call them out on some of the hilarious ratings we are seeing in the Beta shots.

Ohio State 99 across the board? Perfect across the board? Florida at a 94 on defense? Tebow set records all over the place last year on offense and they lost 4 games.

The ultimate though is Florida State. It's especially funny because they have them rated a 94 overall, with a perfect score on offense and a stellar 92 on offense...but they have them UNRANKED. Priceless.

Eh....we're fanatics. That's why we live to complain about SOMETHING.

# 26 bad_philanthropy @ 05/14/08 02:01 AM
Quote:

But I'm definitely gonna call them out on some of the hilarious ratings we are seeing in the Beta shots.

Ohio State 99 across the board? Perfect across the board? Florida at a 94 on defense? Tebow set records all over the place last year on offense and they lost 4 games.

The ultimate though is Florida State. It's especially funny because they have them rated a 94 overall, with a perfect score on offense and a stellar 92 on offense...but they have them UNRANKED. Priceless.

Yes...that FSU offense it sure has been tearing it up all 92 like over the past several years. Miami rated 86 overall, Gators D in the stratosphere after not existing last year, even UCF and USF being rated in the upper 70's. I can see that the Tiburon Florida bias is alive and well! Gotta love it!

# 27 o 99 PROBL3MS o @ 05/14/08 02:02 AM
Quote:

Florida State had one of the worse offenses in America last year but gets a 92 overall. But seeing an Ole Miss team that had the worst season in SEC play in the last 13 years come in at an 84OVR and be better than my razorbacks makes me want to puke. Maybe EA knows something about these teams that we don't.... but I doubt it. Auburn should have the best defense in the SEC on this game but the Gators got it. Not trying to sound like a ***** but I would just like to see EA do there research and get this right.

# 28 mesyes25 @ 05/14/08 02:15 AM
can i get some texas tech video in their alternate unis please??? u da man steve...u da man!!

# 29 Rivals @ 05/14/08 02:30 AM
First off, thanks for the screens. Yes, Florida State's rankings are way off. Hopefully that will be adjusted. Defensively, the Noles do a good job with Mickey Andrews, but they've been lacking offense for years. That's a team with a defense in the low 90s and an offense in the high 70s.

Kansas Offense: 81 - Too Low, Nebraska Offense: 88 - Too High

Fresno State Defense: 69 - Too Low, Florida Defense: 94 - Too High

UCLA Defense: 82 - Too Low, Oklahoma Defense: 94 - Too High

# 30 merg311 @ 05/14/08 02:38 AM
Kansas' rating across the board are too low! KSU, Nebraska, and Colorado all have higher overall ratings!?!? WTF EA? I realize KU loses an All-American CB on defense, but most of the high powered offense returns. Many returning starters on defense also...a D that was overshadowed most of the year by the Offense putting up big numbers.

My opinion:
Overall: 86
Offense:89
Defense:83

# 31 AuburnAlumni @ 05/14/08 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by merg311
Kansas' rating across the board are too low! KSU, Nebraska, and Colorado all have higher overall ratings!?!? WTF EA? I realize KU loses an All-American CB on defense, but most of the high powered offense returns. Many returning starters on defense also...a D that was overshadowed most of the year by the Offense putting up big numbers.

My opinion:
Ohio State, Georgia and Florida State are all ridiculously overrated. I do think OSU and UGA are gonna be NC contenders..but 99s?

Florida State is a protected team by EA. It does not matter what they do no the field. They could literally go 0-11 and still be rated as a top 5 team on this game.

So basically EA what you are saying is that OSU and UGA both would match up even with 95 Nebraska, 96 Florida, 01 Miami, etc.?

And the eternal "B to B+" curse plagues my Auburn Tigers yet again. A defense that EVERY publication expects to be one of the best in the nation gets an incredible 87 rating....or a defense rated equal to Ole Freaking Miss. If Florida is getting a 94 on Defense..then Auburn damn sure deserves it. Hell..AU returns 8 starters on Defense, finished 6th in the nation in total D, 1st in the SEC in scoring D (yes..that's right, ahead of almighty LSU's D) and, according to EA Sports, is a worse defense than Tennessee (92), South Carolina (92), Florida (94), LSU (96), and Georgia (99). F*** You EA.

# 32 zoltranite @ 05/14/08 02:43 AM
LOL @ OKLA's 99 offense... they just lost their best WR and their starting RB... but whatever!

Also LOL at Texas. They lost 7 starters of offense but still has 89 OFF. 92 Defense??? with 2 new safeties and unproven corners and sliding a DE to DT because they have no depth there?... they are playing an ex RB at DE now... The LB's are some of the best around... but 92???

Then TAMU... vastly underrated. They've beat Texas 2 years straight now... Give them something! They will have the best running attack in the nation probably. (Goodspn, Lane, and McGee... and the back-up will be seeing some PT, and he can run too!

I hope these change... LSU's offense needs to go down too now. No experienced signal caller... your offense should not be rated over 85 IMO

# 33 bad_philanthropy @ 05/14/08 02:55 AM
Maybe OSU has a new 'roid monkey to replace Gholston that we don't know about and EA does?

# 34 beau21 @ 05/14/08 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by merg311

My opinion:

KU's
ratings are laughable..

i'm not saying they're necessarily going to have the same year they did last year but c'mon: 77 overall? 81 offense? 78 defense? after an 11-1 season?? and beating Virginia Tech in the bowl game? and almost beating 94overall Missouri in the Big 12 championship? in this game a 77 would (or at least should) get CRUSHED by a 94 overall team..

c'mon..

i mean heck, Notre Dame's ratings are: 81overall, 83offense, 82defense, respectively and they went 3-9. Kansas State's ratings are: 81overall, 81offense, 85defense, respectively and they went 5-7. Nebraska's ratings are: 81overally, 88offense, 80 defense, respectively and they went 5-7 also!

for KU i was/am thinking more along the lines of:
86overall
87offense
86defense

# 35 J-Unit40 @ 05/14/08 08:57 AM
Ohio State is a 99 on offense? That is almost as hilarious as Florida's 94 on defense. Georgia has 99s across the board just like Ohio State. I love video games rating methodologies. Just comical.

How does OSU and UGA have a 99 on offense and Florida only has a 96? Oh well. I guess it will feel better when I whoop the OSU or UGA in a game with the "underdog" #5 Florida Gators. LOL.

I can't wait for this game!! 62 days left!

# 36 J-Unit40 @ 05/14/08 08:58 AM
Quote:
Ohio State, Georgia and Florida State are all ridiculously overrated. I do think OSU and UGA are gonna be NC contenders..but 99s?

Florida State is a protected team by EA. It does not matter what they do no the field. They could literally go 0-11 and still be rated as a top 5 team on this game.

So basically EA what you are saying is that OSU and UGA both would match up even with 95 Nebraska, 96 Florida, 01 Miami, etc.?

And the eternal "B to B+" curse plagues my Auburn Tigers yet again. A defense that EVERY publication expects to be one of the best in the nation gets an incredible 87 rating....or a defense rated equal to Ole Freaking Miss. If Florida is getting a 94 on Defense..then Auburn damn sure deserves it. Hell..AU returns 8 starters on Defense, finished 6th in the nation in total D, 1st in the SEC in scoring D (yes..that's right, ahead of almighty LSU's D) and, according to EA Sports, is a worse defense than Tennessee (92), South Carolina (92), Florida (94), LSU (96), and Georgia (99). F*** You EA.
Well said. Especially the highlighted parts.

# 37 noplace @ 05/14/08 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivals
First off, thanks for the screens. Yes, Florida State's rankings are way off. Hopefully that will be adjusted. Defensively, the Noles do a good job with Mickey Andrews, but they've been lacking offense for years. That's a team with a defense in the low 90s and an offense in the high 70s.

Kansas Offense: 81 - Too Low, Nebraska Offense: 88 - Too High

Fresno State Defense: 69 - Too Low, Florida Defense: 94 - Too High

UCLA Defense: 82 - Too Low, Oklahoma Defense: 94 - Too High
Too Nebraska defense, they had a top 10 offense last year so the 88 is on point. Now KU? I do think thats a little too low for them. Although they dont have the talent across the board I still believe they should be ranked atleast a 84. Some of these rankings are just plain ridiculous! FLA, FSU, Miami, OSU are rated way too high....

# 38 WVURx @ 05/14/08 05:46 PM
If Noel Devine isn't a 99 agility, I don't know what is. He accelerates through his cuts for christ's sake. I've never seen anyone other than Barry Sanders do that in my life. He also isn't a 97 speed. It should be in the lower 90s. His 40 is about 4.40-4.45. Rather than 97 speed, 96 acc, 96 agility, it should be 91-99-99. He is the most agile athlete in the country, bar none.

Pat White is also off. 92 speed is too low. He is faster than Devine - a true electronically timed sub 4.4 runner (4.35 last Spring). Though I understand why they do this - a QB with 98 speed just isn't fair. His awareness at 84 is flat out laughable. 97 at least. His decision making only the fly after the snap is incredible. His passing is probably overrated just like last year though - anything higher than 84 accuracy, 90 power is too generous.

They obviously made his awareness low so that he wouldn't be a 99 - God knows nobody can be equal to Tebow, the entire state of Florida would be pissed. Thankfully, this is just the awareness rating. I will be the guy controlling him, so it's really negligible.

Also, #47 LB is taking a medical redshirt this year. I would say he shouldn't even be in the game.

If I have this many issues with 1/10th of the roster, I cringe the thought of what the whole thing will be like.

# 39 WVURx @ 05/14/08 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch
How Devine is a 90 overall, and Anthony Davis isn't even a 88 is mind boggling to me.

The same goes with Grutza 87 and Teel 88.

Don't kid yourself. Noel Devine is a freak of nature gamebreaker that turned Steve Slaton into a cuckold to that fine woman that is the WVU offense. By the end of the year, that 90 is going to look underrated - bank on it.

I like Teel though. I could see rating him anywhere from 86-92.

# 40 Saber @ 05/14/08 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURx
If Noel Devine isn't a 99 agility, I don't know what is. He accelerates through his cuts for christ's sake. I've never seen anyone other than Barry Sanders do that in my life. He also isn't a 97 speed. It should be in the lower 90s. His 40 is about 4.40-4.45. Rather than 97 speed, 96 acc, 96 agility, it should be 91-99-99. He is the most agile athlete in the country, bar none.

Pat White is also off. 92 speed is too low. He is faster than Devine - a true electronically timed sub 4.4 runner (4.35 last Spring). Though I understand why they do this - a QB with 98 speed just isn't fair. His awareness at 84 is flat out laughable. 97 at least. His decision making only the fly after the snap is incredible. His passing is probably overrated just like last year though - anything higher than 84 accuracy, 90 power is too generous.

They obviously made his awareness low so that he wouldn't be a 99 - God knows nobody can be equal to Tebow, the entire state of Florida would be pissed. Thankfully, this is just the awareness rating. I will be the guy controlling him, so it's really negligible.

Also, #47 LB is taking a medical redshirt this year. I would say he shouldn't even be in the game.

If I have this many issues with 1/10th of the roster, I cringe the thought of what the whole thing will be like.
Since when is Reed Williams taking a medical redshirt? and if he is, then we can just redshirt him on the game. (LB #47)

And I think once roster editors get ahold of it, then they'll change the ratings to what you use mentioned.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.