Home
News Post

Pasta Padre has posted a article called NCAA Football 09 Stadium Sounds Resource.

Quote:
"Broken down by conference in the forum you can find every team and situation that is customizable and the specific music/sounds that correspond to them."

Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ODogg @ 05/14/08 12:54 PM
thanks, that's a great resource for sure.

i wonder if anyone knows if the sound will fade out or just end abruptly? if it just ends i guess we'll have to edit our own clips to fade out..

# 2 Solidice @ 05/14/08 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
thanks, that's a great resource for sure.

i wonder if anyone knows if the sound will fade out or just end abruptly? if it just ends i guess we'll have to edit our own clips to fade out..

i believe it will fade out once the "situation" ends or about to end. one example that was giving is on the kickoff, the music started to fade when the kicker ran toward the ball.

# 3 olemiss86 @ 05/14/08 02:46 PM
so it has to be mp3? is that what the format is on iPod's?

# 4 Solidice @ 05/14/08 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olemiss86
so it has to be mp3? is that what the format is on iPod's?
for PS3, it has to be a MP3.
for 360, it only needs to be in a format the 360 can play, then needs to be in a playlist.

# 5 olemiss86 @ 05/14/08 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
for PS3, it has to be a MP3.
for 360, it only needs to be in a format the 360 can play, then needs to be in a playlist.
ok cool. do you know how to add songs to a playlist and save it the hard drive on the 360?

# 6 Solidice @ 05/14/08 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olemiss86
ok cool. do you know how to add songs to a playlist and save it the hard drive on the 360?
right now i don't have nor have i even tried to put music on my 360 Hard drive. i have my music/pictures/videos shared over my network(from my PC hard drive) so my 360 can access them.

however, if the rumored 360 spring update features change/update list is correct, transfering music to the Hard drive will be easy as plugging in a USB drive or copying files over the network.

key feature that obtains to this thread.
"Copy non-protected files (pictures, music, videos) from USB storage devices, CDs and computers to proprietary storage devices."

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/873/873874p1.html

# 7 zoltranite @ 05/14/08 03:29 PM
Solidice, does that mean i can transfer over music files from my zune? Does it have to be in a playlist on the zune?

# 8 Solidice @ 05/14/08 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoltranite
Solidice, does that mean i can transfer over music files from my zune? Does it have to be in a playlist on the zune?
not sure. i would think since the zune is a MS product you should be able to. thats probably where the "non-protected files" would come into play. we won't know until the update is release and only if that is the real update list. MS wouldn't confirm it(like they always do).

# 9 zoltranite @ 05/14/08 04:47 PM
Ok... another question. So I started to save the songs from Fightmusic.com, but they are all done in mono, which I believe sounds like crap on my big screen tv...( I have that turtle beach headset, and instead of running the audio to the infra red base, I plugged it into the headphone jack on my computer. I wanted to hear what certain things would sound like "in game". Here is the issue, it sounds like crap, which means I need to do one or two things. 1, instead of using my computer, just go ahead and make a cd, then put it on my 360... maybe it will osund better... or 2, change the audio files to something better than mono (I have no idea how to do this)... if it still sounds like crap after that, I will attempt to make a CD instead of using my computers audio jack...

Can anyone please shine some light on my situation please.

# 10 ODogg @ 05/14/08 06:49 PM
Quote:
Ok... another question. So I started to save the songs from Fightmusic.com, but they are all done in mono, which I believe sounds like crap on my big screen tv...( I have that turtle beach headset, and instead of running the audio to the infra red base, I plugged it into the headphone jack on my computer. I wanted to hear what certain things would sound like "in game". Here is the issue, it sounds like crap, which means I need to do one or two things. 1, instead of using my computer, just go ahead and make a cd, then put it on my 360... maybe it will osund better... or 2, change the audio files to something better than mono (I have no idea how to do this)... if it still sounds like crap after that, I will attempt to make a CD instead of using my computers audio jack...

Can anyone please shine some light on my situation please.
It's quite possible the game will mix it to stereo. I think we're all going to have to wait and see.

# 11 zoltranite @ 05/14/08 07:14 PM
I dont even see how they can be done... but you're obviously more computer and tech savvy than me... I just like to buy tha stuff.

I have a gaming chair and it has a audio output and input RCA jacks... so I have my CPU and xbox playing at the same time, and I am listening to some of the music i downloaded from fightmusic.com and they sound pretty bad... When I did a limewire search and downloaded Auburn's band playing Iron man, it sounds really good... it sounds like its coming from within the stadium ya kno. When I play the files from fightmusic.com on my xbox, they all sound like they dont belong... like its some other source playing... it doesnt sound like its coming from the stadium. Do you know what I mean?

Anyway, unless we can find a way to change them from mono to stereo on our own personal computers (is there a way to do that?)... we as serious fans of this game are gonna have to search long and hard for good sounding files over the net.

The guy who runs fightmusic.com has CD's available... if it gets that bad, I wont mind buying a CD to put on the net as long as I have some other guys who would do that as well. Each Cd has about 70 songs on them.

# 12 zoltranite @ 05/14/08 07:18 PM
u think a game could actually do that?... Mix it in stereo??? That would be nice... but until I hear more, I dont know if Im gonna fill up on these songs from fightmusic... however, on utopia's board, people have been posting some good stuff. I got these two Texas chants that sound really good.

# 13 ODogg @ 05/14/08 07:45 PM
Quote:
u think a game could actually do that?... Mix it in stereo??? That would be nice... but until I hear more, I dont know if Im gonna fill up on these songs from fightmusic... however, on utopia's board, people have been posting some good stuff. I got these two Texas chants that sound really good.
Yeah, all it would do is take the signal and route it to 4 speakers (or 5 or 7 depending upon how many speakers you got in your setup). It wouldn't be real, true stereo but it also wouldn't sound really dorky and mono either.

# 14 zoltranite @ 05/14/08 08:25 PM
Alright ODogg, you're the only one I see on here all the time (Im fairly new). I got a question. Are there currently a group of guys working on setting up a website where we can and download the legit band music files for the custom music. In this website, they are also going to organize them so that we know exactly what school plays what and at what time so we can set it in game. I was surfing and I saw that on either here, or pasta'a site, or utopia. Im just looking for a comfirmation from anybody... so I can stop worrying.

# 15 ODogg @ 05/14/08 09:09 PM
Quote:
Alright ODogg, you're the only one I see on here all the time (Im fairly new). I got a question. Are there currently a group of guys working on setting up a website where we can and download the legit band music files for the custom music. In this website, they are also going to organize them so that we know exactly what school plays what and at what time so we can set it in game. I was surfing and I saw that on either here, or pasta'a site, or utopia. Im just looking for a comfirmation from anybody... so I can stop worrying.
Well pastapadre seems to be doing just what you speak of at this site here:

http://www.pastapadre.com/2597/ncaa-...ounds-resource

I also have seen at ncaa utopia they are working on something like this too. I have to go register at that site I guess.

Also check out this sub-forum at ncaastrategies.com:

http://www.ncaastrategies.com/utopia...play.php?f=112

# 16 coogrfan @ 05/14/08 11:15 PM
Quote:
I dont even see how they can be done... but you're obviously more computer and tech savvy than me... I just like to buy tha stuff.

I have a gaming chair and it has a audio output and input RCA jacks... so I have my CPU and xbox playing at the same time, and I am listening to some of the music i downloaded from fightmusic.com and they sound pretty bad... When I did a limewire search and downloaded Auburn's band playing Iron man, it sounds really good... it sounds like its coming from within the stadium ya kno. When I play the files from fightmusic.com on my xbox, they all sound like they dont belong... like its some other source playing... it doesnt sound like its coming from the stadium. Do you know what I mean?

Anyway, unless we can find a way to change them from mono to stereo on our own personal computers (is there a way to do that?)... we as serious fans of this game are gonna have to search long and hard for good sounding files over the net.

The guy who runs fightmusic.com has CD's available... if it gets that bad, I wont mind buying a CD to put on the net as long as I have some other guys who would do that as well. Each Cd has about 70 songs on them.
Just an fyi-fightmusic's downloads are in mono in order to keep the file sizes as small as possible, but the 99.9% of the versions on the cd's are in stereo. I have a total of seven of his cds, I highly recommend them.

# 17 ODogg @ 05/14/08 11:34 PM
cdj said he's working on finding out if there is an echo effect applied or not to the music. i read that over in his forum. i posted the link above.

# 18 the_future420 @ 05/15/08 12:52 PM
When I made custom soundtracks for NFL 2k5, I used Nero burning software to edit my MP3s.

All I did was add a bit of flanger and reverb to the tracks and that gave them the "stadium sound quality" that we are looking for. It didnt take much effort at all.

# 19 dawgs18 @ 07/15/08 11:41 PM
How do I get sounds off YouTube? Is that possible?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.