Home
News Post

We have just posted some more screenshots from our beta copy of NCAA Football 09. In this round we'll be showing off all the top players from each school.

NCAA Football 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Dbrentonbuck @ 05/14/08 11:36 AM
Ok, whoever did this list knows nothing about UC football. Mickens and Byrd are right I guess, but there is no way QB Dustin Grutza is an 87. Maybe a 78. I would say he should be ranked nearly the same as Dimitrius Jones and Chazz Anderson. Hell, even the coach doesn't think Grutza is a good QB.

"If we get Ben Mauk back, we’ll be happy. But look, we can’t cry over it. Dustin Grutza will have to be the guy and we’re going to have to win with him. We can’t trade him. We can’t get another guy for him. We think he can do the job. If he’s our starter, we’ll get it done. We’ll find a way” Brian Kelly

Does that sound like the guy is an 87 ranked QB?

And I don't see how two players who have never played DE made it into the top 7 players when UC has some very good recievers, corner backs (one just transferred from tOSU) and line backers. No way Dustin "We can't trade him" Grutza is in the top 7 players on this team.

# 22 jdrhammer @ 05/14/08 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naughty9
WHOA...I just noticed something, these ratings cannot be final. Look at Miss St. roster. There is no Dixon #24 on there. He is definately there second best player.behind Pegues.
I agree completely. Dixon should be about a 90-92. The guy is a beast and carried them on his back. Pegues shouldn't be rated much higher OVR, but his speed should be around 95.

Ole Miss has a Tillman rated too high, and Peria Jerry rated too low. That should be easy to fix.

# 23 jyoung @ 05/14/08 12:20 PM
No D.J. Moore for Vanderbilt?

He was their only all-SEC performer last year.

Quote:
Named as First Team All-Southeastern Conference recipient by Associated Press writers; Second Team All-SEC by coaches' ballot... Received team's postseason Defensive Secondary MVP Award... Ranked among SEC and national leaders in several defensive statistical categories, including interceptions, solo tackles, total tackles and defensed passes... Finished with six interceptions, tied for the most in the SEC and the highest total by a Vanderbilt player since Leonard Coleman's 8-interception school record in 1982... Also topped the team with 63 solo tackles and ranked second with 83 total tackles and 10 pass breakups... As kickoff returner, averaged 25.7 yards and achieved a team-record 823 yards in kickoff return yardage

# 24 davin @ 05/14/08 12:47 PM
I really want to voice my thanks to OS for this. This was really a lot of meticulous work over something that really isn't that important besides something to talk about. Thank you so much.

Ohio State: Laurinaitis a 99... but 89 speed? Kind of high for him. (I think 99 is high for him anyways)
Beanie Wells: 97 overall, 92 speed, 88 strength, 90 agility, 94 accelleration, 99 Break Tackle and 99 Trucking. Should have 99 Stiff arm if these guys watched ANY Beanie Wells tape (if not 99, anything below 95 is wretched). This guy will be an absolute beast in the game.
Malcolm Jenkins: 96 overall, 93 speed, 95 accelleration, 90 awareness. Pretty accurate, although seeing him run down the Texas guy in 2005 (Jamaal Charles?) was VERY impressive.
Alex Boone: 96 overall. 94 Strength, 90 awareness. Pretty accurate.
Marcus Freeman: 96 overall, 87 speed, 92 accelleration. A bit high.
Steve Rehring: 95 overall, 95 strength, 86 awareness. WTF??????? Rehring was a big time underachiever last year, wasn't that impressive in the spring, and has a record of showing up to summer camp severely out of shape. This is a BIGTIME reach, unless Rehring really brings it this year. I would put him at an 84.
Lawrence Wilson: 94 overall, 85 speed, 84 strength, 82 agility, 88 accelleration, 72 awareness. 94 is a bit high for a guy that isn't necessarily a proven guy, but he has that kind of potential. FWIW, coaches said prior to Wilson's season ending injury in the first game that he was the best pass rusher on the team bar none (which includes Vernon Gholston).

OSU's defense IN THE GAME, is going to rock. The running game is going to dominate. Will be interesting to see what Boeckman is rated and the WRs, which you have Robiskie and Hartline and then everybody else. Maybe the LBs as a whole in the game are faster this year or whatever, but JL could easily play corner in this game with what stats they gave him.

# 25 Rivals @ 05/14/08 02:36 PM
At first glance:

UCLA's best two players are defensive tackles Brigham Harwell and Brian Price.

Tennessee's best player is Eric Berry.

Oklahoma should have Demarco Murray and Ryan Reynolds in the top seven.

LSU should have Keiland Wiliams in their top seven. Kirston Pittman and Curtis Taylor are rated too high.

Georgia should have Mohamed Massaquoi in their top seven.

Fresno State should have Ryan Mathews in their top seven.

Florida should have Cornelius Ingram rated in place of Dustin Doe.

Cal should have Jahvid Best in their top seven.

Auburn should have Tray Blackmon in their top seven.

# 26 AuburnAlumni @ 05/14/08 03:03 PM
How in holy hell does Tray Blackmon go from being an impact player last year to not even rated as the 7th best player on Auburn this year?

Oi vey EA.

# 27 AuburnAlumni @ 05/14/08 03:05 PM
On another note....

I really want to know which of Ben Tate's relatives works on the EA development team.

He is a very good back for Auburn, but he has been an absolute beast in this game ever since his Freshman year.

# 28 Soonerd2 @ 05/14/08 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivals
Oklahoma should have Demarco Murray and Ryan Reynolds in the top seven.
Demarco yes. I like Ryan but not the top 7. Gets beat way too much in pass coverage in real life. Great run stopper and hopefully him moving to MLB this year will help out.

# 29 ZB9 @ 05/14/08 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naughty9
WHOA...I just noticed something, these ratings cannot be final. Look at Miss St. roster. There is no Dixon #24 on there. He is definately there second best player.behind Pegues.
and there is no way Brian Orakpo should be the 4th best defensive lineman for Texas. That is crazy.

# 30 Rivals @ 05/14/08 03:46 PM
I assume Box, Reynolds and Clayton are the starters. OU's staff seemed pretty confident that Reynolds move inside would soften the blow of Lofton's departure. That's why I figured he was looking really good this spring.

# 31 bjf1377 @ 05/14/08 04:04 PM
I know no one besides me cares, but Eugene Jarvis (Kent St.) is drastically underrated. He is a pre-season All-American (third team) by some publications and they only have him as an 86?

# 32 o 99 PROBL3MS o @ 05/14/08 04:45 PM
There are some puzzling omissions here. No Tray Blackmon is noteable. I could say the same for Arkansas and a few players. It seems that some teams are finished aand others aren't. These can't be final I don't think. There is no way Juice Williams stays at 86OVR. Is it?

# 33 naughty9 @ 05/14/08 05:22 PM
I think Curtis Taylor is ok..but Pittman does not belong. Williams definately belongs. I also think atleast one of LSU's Reciever should be up there (Byrd or Lafell). GEAUX TIGERS!!!
I do believe EA went a little over board with the Florida, OSU, and FSU ratings. I think Tebow is good but a 99 good, I doubt it. I just hope the game does not become a OSU or Georgia dominates all teams fest.

# 34 ODogg @ 05/14/08 06:56 PM
Ahh, we are proceeding right through all of the typical Pre-NCAA release right on schedule. This is the part where some player ratings are released and everyone is really upset about some ratings they've seen and give their own personal opinion as the law on what it should be. Yup, right on schedule!! I love it!

# 35 griffa02 @ 05/14/08 07:15 PM
i am a CAL fan completely no buts about it but Nate Longshore was in the top 7 bull **** this guy is overated they should have syd quantompson the starting cb in there around 88 and they should have kevin riley a 86 to 84 with 92 accuracy and 88 am strength hes at least 3 points higher then longshore because of mobility and accuracy

# 36 bjf1377 @ 05/14/08 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Ahh, we are proceeding right through all of the typical Pre-NCAA release right on schedule. This is the part where some player ratings are released and everyone is really upset about some ratings they've seen and give their own personal opinion as the law on what it should be. Yup, right on schedule!! I love it!
Haha, I try to avoid this board as much as possible from May-July just so I don't get the urge to say anything too picky or foolish cause its all not the final build. But I just know they aren't going to change anything for Kent because they don't care too much about the MAC schools, and that's why I rely on Fairdale and dkrause

# 37 Ghettoshark @ 05/14/08 10:15 PM
Here's my rant on Utopia about these Badger ratings...

These ratings are terrible.... Shane Carter (Cris's brother or half brother I think) a 95? Yeah, he had 7 INTs, but remember those were against UNLV (1), Citadel (1), NIU (2), Michigan (2...Ryan Mallett), and Minny (1....no explanation, Minny football terrible as usual).

Travis Beckum, who was an All American last year and without a doubt the best receiving TE in all of college football ends up lower than him? Seriously? And with only 88 SPD? Does EA know that he's the one that usually gets the DB coverage (and burns them)?

PJ Hill doesn't warrant a 93. I'd put him at around a 90. He's going to get a lot of carries taken by FR (RS) John Clay (best skill position player ever to come out of WI IMO), Lance Smith (Think Michael Bennett...great 3rd down back), and Zach Brown (came in extremely strong filling in for PJ.

Jonathan Casillas (#2) at only 87 SPD? He ran a 10.7 in the 100m back in HS. He has sprinter speed packaged into a LB's body. Great athlete. Should have at least a 92 SPD.

# 38 UtahUtes32 @ 05/15/08 12:39 AM
The University of Utah finished with the #1 pass effeciency defense, as well as finished in the top 20 in overall defense, yet we are rated a 69 on defense. My biggest gripe is our K/P #35 Louie Sakoda being rated a 84 overall, ok Louie Sakoda WAS AN ALL AMERICAN LAST YEAR, he is not a prospective All-American this year, like the other kickers/punters rated 94/95 in the game, HE MADE 3 ALL AMERICAN TEAMS LAST YEAR!!! Both as a Kicker and a Punter, I just dont get how they can rate him a 84 overall.

# 39 rudyjuly2 @ 05/15/08 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpycraig
The University of Utah finished with the #1 pass effeciency defense, as well as finished in the top 20 in overall defense, yet we are rated a 69 on defense.
I have no clue who plays on defense at the University of Utah or who comes back (or who left). But finishing in the Top 20 in defense while playing in the Mountain West conference is hardly worth hanging your hat on. Team rankings in college football are almost meaningless because of strength of schedule.

# 40 KG @ 05/15/08 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf1377
Haha, I try to avoid this board as much as possible from May-July just so I don't get the urge to say anything too picky or foolish cause its all not the final build. But I just know they aren't going to change anything for Kent because they don't care too much about the MAC schools, and that's why I rely on Fairdale and dkrause
Same, when the ratings come out it gets even more crazy."blah blah blah should not be rated a 90, what are you thinking EA?"

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.