Home
News Post

IGN has posted their hands on preview of Don King Presents: Prizefighter.

Quote:
"Prizefighter takes a slightly different approach to its mechanics by abandoning the tried and true right stick approach to punching, replacing it with a more traditional face button style. X defaults as your jab, Y is your straight punch, A is your left hook, B is your right hook with a combination of two buttons required to pull off an uppercut."

Game: Don King Presents: PrizefighterReader Score: 3.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 10 - View All
Don King Presents: Prizefighter Videos
Member Comments
# 1 noshun @ 05/14/08 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I was just about to post this. It looks alot better when someone who knows what theyre doing plays.

# 2 bigeastbumrush @ 05/14/08 10:19 PM
It looks incredibly awkward.

Unfortunately.

# 3 XSteakX @ 05/14/08 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noshun
I was just about to post this. It looks alot better when someone who knows what theyre doing plays.
I hate when someone posts something right when i'm going to do it soon. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
It looks incredibly awkward.

Unfortunately.
I agree. I just think it's awkard in an overall way.

# 4 Vast @ 05/14/08 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon22
Yeah, that looks way better but not perfect. It is good to see a first round knockdown
i hope thats sarcasm. This game just looks weird. its like as if they motion captured the doofiest dudes in the history of boxing.

# 5 DaveDQ @ 05/15/08 08:16 AM
I like how that big of a punch knocks a guy down, but there's no life to it. The animations are very stiff. The outside of the ring stuff looks interesting, but the in ring action looks pretty bad.

# 6 Money99 @ 05/15/08 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
I like how that big of a punch knocks a guy down, but there's no life to it. The animations are very stiff. The outside of the ring stuff looks interesting, but the in ring action looks pretty bad.
I agree. And the Calzaghe knockdown punch on Pavlik didn't even hit him. The collision detection in this early build is bad.

No wonder they're hesitant on releasing any real gameplay footage.

I have a feeling this game will only be good for the story mode. The boxing itself will be mediocre.

# 7 fistofrage @ 05/15/08 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I agree. And the Calzaghe knockdown punch on Pavlik didn't even hit him. The collision detection in this early build is bad.

I have a feeling this game will only be good for the story mode. The boxing itself will be mediocre.

I have a feeling that this will only be a rental. Play through the story mode and thats about it. Its Heavyweight only and looks like the scheduling options are limited at best so I don't see it having much legs. I have no idea how the on-line aspect will be, but I would imagine that if you just play randoms it would be a cheese festival.

# 8 DaveDQ @ 05/15/08 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99

Yes, collision is definitely an issue. In that IGN article they make the comment that it's due in early June and so maybe they can fix the collision stuff. Many said the same about MLB 2K8's framerate issues. It's not going to happen.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.