Home
News Post

EA Sports have uploaded a video comparison of NCAA Football 08 and 09.

NCAA Football 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 rudyjuly2 @ 05/20/08 05:07 PM
The video was really nice. The one thing I didn't get was the QB animation comparison. Was I missing something there?

There was a lot of nice stuff in that video. It doesn't say the game is perfect or doesn't have problems but it would be nice if the haters acknowledged that it was more than just fluff particularly since many haters rag on EA's presentation.

# 22 LBzrule @ 05/20/08 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
The most important change IMO is the Defensive pre snap animations.

For instance, seeing the LBs run down to the line, the Free Safety creep up showing blitz, then slowly creeping back a few steps was very much needed.

In 08, if you called a Safety Blitz, very rarely did the Safeties "actually" creep up to get a better jump on the snap. And if they did, it was sloooooowly. This looks 100x better and should really help as far as different blitz packages and confusing the offense on what the Defense is going to do.
Of everything they showed, this was the one I was sorta ambiguous about. I wasn't for sure if that was the play they called or if it was the show blitz feature. If you look at it in 08, they didn't show guys moving. But in 08 if you used show blitz, the exact same guys move that they are showcasing for 09 and they moved to the exact same spots. The only thing the Safety didn't do last year and even on 07 was creep back. But if you use show blitz in 08 and 07 I don't see much of a difference from what they showed in that vid for 09. The only thing they are doing in the 08 part is not using the show blitz feature from what I can tell give or take a few minor movements after it is done.

Other things looked pretty good.

# 23 J-Unit40 @ 05/20/08 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacPlex
" This looks exactly like 08" lol their eating those words now. Look at the vid again some of you were too amped to even notice tebows facemask. They have new facemask in the gm Yessssssssssssssssssss. The convoy gives a real college feal. All this gm need was to make the players "loose". Which im seeing more and more. The new analog jukes will take this gm to the next level.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Freaking....AMPED!!!

So many nice little additions that will make this game more immersive. Post-play celebrations, sideline tiptoes, convoy blocking, etc. I'm excited as ever fellas.

How about the Oregon Duck unis!?!

I also noticed they fixed Tim Tebow's face mask (my man crush in full effect lol).

56 days!
This Gator fan noticed the facemasks! LOL. I've been asking for new facemasks for 2 years now. Finally.

# 24 johnrice20022002 @ 05/20/08 05:14 PM
Well...I may actually purchase this years NCAA after a four-year hiatus. Presentation and o-line/d-line interaction were 2 huge aspects of the game that needed work since the next-gen transition. At least one of those is being looked at. Convoy blocking and defensive pre-snap animations are both welcomed additions, with the latter being my most favorite feature. If the audio fits the animations, then I will be a very happy man.

And that analog control really adds to the "loose" feeling EA is going towards this year. Getting closer and closer to the real thing. Can't wait for 2012...that joint's going to be off the chain since it takes EA two years to implement a decent amount of tweaks to their archai...I mean "authentic" game engine lol.

Sorry, I just had to get my jab in. I mean, come on, Pete Maravich = Laron Profit?*

*Check my other posts for that reference*

# 25 dukerock12 @ 05/20/08 05:23 PM
i cant wait to use the analog stick running system, this is the way it should have been originally done by ea.

# 26 SteelerSpartan @ 05/20/08 05:23 PM
They should have had a video showcasing how much better the CPU QB is......because seriously thats what really took the game down a notch last year.

I was just as pissed as everyone else about the lack of atmosphere, but the ******** CPU Qbs were what really killed the game.

I hope people at their community event really pick the CPU QBs apart and give us a really detailed write up of how they've improved/if they've improved

# 27 fincane1 @ 05/20/08 05:24 PM
BC players were wearing white pants at home. Which is the only real variety in their uniform scheme. I think thats their alternate.

# 28 Scott @ 05/20/08 05:30 PM
Good lookin video..

# 29 SageInfinite @ 05/20/08 05:48 PM
I enjoyed that video. Love that EA is adding little things. This year looks pretty good, but next year will be EA's next classic in the NCAA series.

# 30 Cardot @ 05/20/08 06:26 PM
As always, EA puts out a nice looking video. Some of those new animations were pretty cool and add atmosphere. But I'll still need to read some reviews before buying.

The convoy blocking was pretty sweet. But if there are 2-3 Pick-Six's each game like last year, the convoy's will get old pretty quickly. The dancing mascots are funny...but again, after I have seen each one multiple times, it will get old. The bobbled catches will be great...if they are kept in check....I don't want to see 6 of them a game.

I am not trying to hate on the game. I really hope it is fantastic. But too many times I have been "wowed" by previews, only to be disappointed by the actual game.

# 31 Ram209 @ 05/20/08 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTigLSU
But it does affect the atmosphere and presentation which IMO is killing EA just as much as gameplay....

The gameplay I could live with because you just have to understand it aint
2ksports and it never will be and honestly there are things that 2k still needs to clean up AI wise.... But what makes EA's game unplayable is the damn lack of atmosphere no emotion... It gets boring really quickly.

So at will give them props for adding the little things to add to the realism... That doesnt mean OL and DL interaction isnt important or that shouldnt have worked on this but the two things arent related to the point where I can say Someone made a choice we cant fix A could we are adding B....

So lets give props when it should be given
I do have to admit that the player model look AMAZING best ever! And the field looks very realistic! And your right it will never be 2k, but it just bugs the Sh!t out of me when they are still lacking things that were done 4-5 years ago! But I am part of the problem and I will buy the game day it comes out, hell I still play 08. Just for once I would like to see them (EA) fix real gameplay issues and not just add fluff.
But again I will give them big props on player models, lighting and field textures those look by far the best ever! Even better than NFL 2k5 on the xbox !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

# 32 BrianFifaFan @ 05/20/08 06:53 PM
Liked it. Did notice there seemed to be more aggressive/active blocking in the QB Pocket part. But it would be nice if they did a vid showing how the blocking has been improved. I'll give some love though. This year is going to be about a bunch of little improvements along with a few big ones. Sure, there are many issues left, but these improvements with online franchise are making this look like a purchase. Hopefully the fansite guys that were concerned about the int's will have a better report out of the Community Day build.....

# 33 SteelerSpartan @ 05/20/08 06:53 PM
also anyone else find it curious that they didn't actually show the lines/pocket really??? during that segment of the vid

# 34 Scott @ 05/20/08 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
also anyone else find it curious that they didn't actually show the lines/pocket really??? during that segment
Yeah, I noticed it, but the videos we've seen have actually shown a pocket forming.

# 35 BrianFifaFan @ 05/20/08 06:56 PM
Quote:
also anyone else find it curious that they didn't actually show the lines/pocket really??? during that segment
Come on, you know why they didn't........But POSITIVE............

# 36 Scott @ 05/20/08 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
HAHAHA THAT BC THING WAS HILARIOUS AT THE VERY END!!!!!!

I seriously laughed...hard

I am extremely pleased with what we see. Definite step in the right direction...IMO.
I agree...I was like WTF is he doin lol

# 37 spankdatazz22 @ 05/20/08 07:08 PM
Nice video. I liked the pre-snap defensive movement if only because it looked cool. Player models are extremely well done. Favorite addition is still the analog running. Coupled with NCAA last gen's momentum would make for an extremely enjoyable running game.

Negatives would be the seeming lock-on blocking; the QB anim that was shown still looked unnatural; and still not much in the way of players interacting. But it was a nice hype video

# 38 SteelerSpartan @ 05/20/08 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Nice video. I liked the pre-snap defensive movement if only because it looked cool. Player models are extremely well done. Favorite addition is still the analog running. Coupled with NCAA last gen's momentum would make for an extremely enjoyable running game.

Negatives would be the seeming lock-on blocking; the QB anim that was shown still looked unnatural; and still not much in the way of players interacting. But it was a nice hype video

Thats much how I feel, running the ball is what I love to do best and Im glad I got some more tools to work my magic with

# 39 Solidice @ 05/20/08 07:13 PM
Quote:
also anyone else find it curious that they didn't actually show the lines/pocket really??? during that segment of the vid
they didn't show the linemen because the focus was on the QB animation while in the pocket, which is why it was labeled "Improved QB Pocket Animation"

# 40 rudyjuly2 @ 05/20/08 07:15 PM
Quote:
but the ******** CPU Qbs were what really killed the game.

I hope people at their community event really pick the CPU QBs apart and give us a really detailed write up of how they've improved/if they've improved

You are right. I think most would agree that the cpu QB AI was the biggest problem with last year's game. There were other issues but that was the biggest. Not just the tremendous amount of interceptions but also the fact they never went deep. Both were really terrible but I don't think we will find out if they are fixed at the community event. That usually features human vs. human play. There is very little vs. cpu games that go on. I can only hope that we hear more detailed impressions on that in the future by people who get beta or early copies.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.